main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I have a bad feeling that Viqi Shesh is actually Ysanne Isard

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Admiral_Lelila, Oct 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    1. The crucial question is;"Did Isard really die on the Lusankya?"
    In Isard's Revenge,
    Corran, "if there's a spark of life, bacta will kept you going."
    Corran, "There's a whole forward area where living creatures aren't allowed to go. It's just serviced by droids."
    Corran, "I wonder if she'll (Isard) end up haunting this place (Lusankya)

2. Shesh's is characterized as being tall and slender which is similar to the description of Isard.

3. Isard only needed to dye the white side locks and wear a contact len on her left eye (in one of the books Shesh's left eye was blinking which is a possible sign of a contact len)

4. Shesh is usually described as "undetermined age" How many times did we read about Roe's "rejuvenation therapy." So Isard could have had rejuvenation therapy.

5. Shesh's mannerisms are very reminiscence of Isard and Palpatine.

Well, I feel like the members of Wraith Squadron when they thought that Isard was still alive. "Face looked unhappy. "Just an idea. Ysanne Isard is alive."

2. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I never thought of that before. Good arguments.

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    interesting

4. Jayd

Jayd Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Those are really good arguments! Oh no... I wonder if that's why Allston is writing a few NJO books... Please no! His books have to be funny!

5. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Actually this seems to make a lot of sense.

Good deductions.

6. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    interesting theory.

7. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    1. The crucial question is;"Did Isard really die on the Lusankya?"
    In Isard's Revenge,
    Corran, "if there's a spark of life, bacta will kept you going."
    Corran, "There's a whole forward area where living creatures aren't allowed to go. It's just serviced by droids."
    Corran, "I wonder if she'll (Isard) end up haunting this place (Lusankya)

Isard didn't die. She's being kept alive by medical droids, but she's trapped forever. Wedge got creative [face_devil]

If Isard were ever to escape, Wedge would know.

8. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Pg 327, "I understand they're thinking of keeping you here on the lusankya. You'll be an anonymous prisoner, cared for by droids, forgotten, locked away in the heart of the very prison, you yourself created. For the rest of your natural life."
    That prospect stunned Isard and, in a moment introspection, was what undid her. The terror inspired by such a fate prompted her to shoot her left arm forward, letting the holdout blaster slide down to her left hand. It was a rash act, only possible when the horror of life entombed outweighed the horror of death.

pg 332, Corran nodded. "I gues a whole lotta of refitting went on. There's a whole forward area where living creatures aren't allowed to go. It's just serviced by droids."
    Iella coughed into her hand. "It's a bio-containment facility. It apparently struck some of designers in rebuilding the prow, they could put in scientific and medical suites that would allow the lusankya to be more than just a military ship. I think there sense of irony to put an area on board that, had it existed when the Krytos virus broke out, would have been useful in thwarting isard's plan. In the heart of area there is supposed to be a containment cell so secure that any breach in it will imediatly vent the whole area into space. Nothing No virus or germ, will be getting out there alive."

pg 327You'll be an anonymous prisoner, cared for by droids, forgotten, locked away in the heart of the very prison, you yourself created.

pg 332There's a whole forward area where living creatures aren't allowed to go. It's just serviced by droids.

pg 332 "In the heart of area there is supposed to be a containment cell so secure that any breach in it will immeidiatly vent the whole area into space".

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Isard is dead. End of story.

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Qive me one quote besides civillians or isard's own thoughts, that say that isard, or corran horn actually died, ;).

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The Essential Chronology, for one.

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    ahha, you lose it's written by civillian historians from the gffa, read the postscript, and forward. They wouldn't be privy to Top-secret info, nor be able to print it for all to see. NRI keeps that sort of thing quiet.

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Oops, forgot it was written by civilians. I still say Isard is dead. There is very little evidence that she could have survived Iella's blaster shot, and it wouldn't make sense to keep her alive. And even if she was alive, what is she doing posing as a Kuati senator?

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    She isn't posing as a kuati senator, she's locked away in prison until she dies of old age. She might as well be dead, for the long boring death that she is insure to have, and no hope of ever escaping. Except maybe to suck vacuum, or have the ship blown up around her.

I don't agree with the above theory at all.

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000

Now a similer story to the isard being imprisoned like she was can be linked to this story:

Edward Everett Hale (1822?1909). The Man without a Country.
    The Harvard Classics Shelf of Fiction. 1917.

The Man without a Country

I SUPPOSE that very few casual readers of the ?New York Herald? of August 13, 1863, observed, in an obscure corner, among the ?Deaths,? the announcement,? ?NOLAN. Died, on board U. S. Corvette ?Levant,? Lat. 2°
    11' S., Long. 131° W., on the 11th of May, PHILIP NOLAN.?
    I happened to observe it, because I was stranded at the old Mission House in Mackinaw, waiting for a Lake Superior steamer which did not choose to come, and I was devouring to the very stubble all the current literature I could get hold of, even down to the deaths and marriages in the ?Herald.? My memory for names and people is good, and the reader will see, as he goes on, that I had reason enough to remember Philip Nolan. There are hundreds of readers who would have paused at that announcement, if the officer of the ?Levant? who reported it had chosen to make it thus: ?Died, May 11, THE MAN WITHOUT A COUNTRY.? For it was as ?The Man without a Country? that poor Philip Nolan had generally been known by the officers who had him in charge during some fifty years, as, indeed, by all the men who sailed under them. I dare say there is many a man who has taken wine with him once a fortnight, in a three years? cruise, who never knew that his name was ?Nolan,? or whether the poor wretch had any name at all. 2
    There can now be no possible harm in telling this poor creature?s story. Reason enough there has been till now, ever since Madison?s administration went out in 1817, for very strict secrecy, the secrecy of honor itself, among the gentlemen of the navy who have had Nolan in successive charge. And certainly it speaks well for the esprit de corps of the profession, and the personal honor of its members, that to the press this man?s story has been wholly unknown,?and, I think, to the country at large also. I have reason to think, from some investigations I made in the Naval Archives when I was attached to the Bureau of Construction, that every official report relating to him was burned when Ross burned the public buildings at Washington. One of the Tuckers, or possibly one of the Watsons, had Nolan in charge at the end of the war; and when, on returning from his cruise, he reported at Washington to one of the Crowninshields,?who was in the Navy Department when he came home,?he found that the Department ignored the whole business. Whether they really knew nothing about it, or whether it was a ?Non mi ricordo,? determined on as a piece of policy, I do not know. But this I do know, that since 1817, and possibly before, no naval officer has mentioned Nolan in his report of a cruise. 3
    But, as I say, there is no need for secrecy any longer. And now the poor creature is dead, it seems to me worth while to tell a little of his story, by way of showing young Americans of to-day what it is to be A MAN WITHOUT A COUNTRY. 4
    Philip Nolan was as fine a young officer as there was in the ?Legion of the West,? as the Western division of our army was then called. When Aaron Burr made his first dashing expedition down to New Orleans in 1805, at Fort Massac, or somewhere above on the river, he met, as the Devil would have it, this gay, dashing, bright young fellow; at some dinner-party, I think. Burr marked him, talked to him, walked with him, took him a day or two?s voyage in his flat-boat, and, in short, fascinated him. For the next year, barrack-life was very tame to poor Nolan. He occasionally availed himself of the permission the great man had given him to write to him. Long, high-worded, stilted letters the poor boy wrote and rewrote and copied. But never a line did he have in reply from the gay deceiver. The other boys in the garrison sneered at him, because he sacrificed in this unrequited affection for a politician the time which they devoted to Monongahela, hazard, and h

16. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Do you really expect me to read that whole thing? ;)

17. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I recommend you print it out, then read it, that way, it's a very good story, and quite sad.

18. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Oops, forgot it was written by civilians. I still say Isard is dead. There is very little evidence that she could have survived Iella's blaster shot, and it wouldn't make sense to keep her alive. And even if she was alive, what is she doing posing as a Kuati senator?

What she does every day, try to take over the galaxy.
    Pinky and the brain fans rejoice!! :)

If you want to be Emperor, there's two ways:
    (1) the easy way (which Isard already tried) by usurping Imperial power after the death of the previous Emperor, or
    (2) the old fashioned way, become a Senator, play both sides of a war to gain support, get elected Chancellor, declare yourself Emperor/Empress and exterminate the Jedi to maintain control (i.e. the Palpatine way).

It's probably unlikely, but Shesh=Isard isn't completely out of the question. I have to admit, it would be a very cool plot twist, and a nice link to some of the better Bantam novels. Plus, it would be amusing to see the same strategy as Palpatine's to become Emperor be tried again.

19. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    If Zahn wrote the X-Wing books, he'd have said she wanted to be Emporer. He said that Mon Mothma wanted to become Emporer. Uhhhh, Mon Mothma is a woman...silly Zahn!

20. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Bib : Isard was shot in the stomach... There's no way she could have died from that when there's so much Bacta around...

But I think Isard = Shesh is unlikely, but that's just me.

And Val... Sorry, I'm lazy... You really want to kill me ? I didn't know such long posts were allowed...

AZ : Isard was Empress. She just didn't cry it loud like the old one...

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I recommend you copy/paste then print it it's really worth reading.

22. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Like the Pinky & the Brain reference. [face_laugh]

23. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Well, I'm going to believe that Isard is dead unless I can find some concrete evidence that says otherwise.

24. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Dead, or imprisoned until she dies(with no info of the outside world, ala man without a country), she is as good as dead.

But remember the in book clues point to the imprisonment.

25. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    That would be absolutely stupid, ridiculous, and pointless if Isard came back. She's dead. But it wouldn't surprise me if that Crapfest, known as the NJO, pulled a stunt like that.

The only thing worse would be if the Death Star or Sun Crusher came back.

Del Rey sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.