main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Have A Grand Idea

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by rich_meister, Jul 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rich_meister

rich_meister Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Now some may disagree with this, especially none Lord of the Rings fans who havent watched the special edition DVD... BUT...

what if we had Peter Jackson and his WETA crew do Star Wars 1-6. Now this may come as bit of a shock but he would really make them kick ass. I mean i love the OT tons and the PT i like but i really thing that Peter Jackson could do a whole lot of stuf that Lucas hasnt done. Or maybe he could just do 1-3.

C'mon talk to me Star Wars and LotR fans. I know Star Wars fans who dont know Lord of the Rings prolly wont like this but the LotR fans may. What Do u thing?

2. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Let Peter Jackson mess with Tolkien's stuff. He's not that brilliant a director, and shouldn't be part of Star Wars.

3. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    I applaud you RichMeister. You've definitley got sand, boy. lol....however...I don't think you understand the magnitude of the storm you are calling down on yourself to even suggest that the LOTR director should do any SW film.

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    You shouldn't base PJ's talents solely on LOTR, from what I hear, his other films really suck.

5. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    I would love to see that. I mean GL is a genius, but his directing leaves a little to be desired. I think PJ would do a decent job. However, if it's not broke, which it isn't, don't fix it.

6. rich_meister

Mar 22, 2002
    You shouldn't base PJ's talents solely on LOTR, from what I hear, his other films really suck.

Right, but what im saying his all he really did with LotR is adjust it to fit the big screen. I'm saying have PJ adjust Star Wars the way he did LotR. Move a couple things around here and there, omit this, add that, nothing too huge. Of course he would do his own casting and stuf, but i think you get the picture.

I'm glad some of you are open to the idea. Besides all this stuf is purely theorectial. I highly doubt that the only one doing tampering with Star Wars will be Lucas.

7. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    Id rather seeing crap done by lucas then crap done by PJ

and by the way everytime i hear someone refer to him as "PJ" I chuckle a bit

no one seems to chuckle anymore

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999

Heavenly Creatures is a great film. If you haven't seen it yet, go rent it now!

9. rich_meister

Mar 22, 2002
    I only say PJ cuz its faster than typing Peter Jackson ;)

10. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I'm happy with both sagas the way they are. The differences are what makes them unique.

11. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    If... IF any director, other than George Lucas, was to direct a Star Wars film, it should be Kevin Smith. He is the only good director that has the respect for Star Wars to create a great film.

12. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    But Guys LOTR IS Star Wars.

Just millons of years before!

13. rich_meister

Mar 22, 2002
    If... IF any director, other than George Lucas, was to direct a Star Wars film, it should be Kevin Smith. He is the only good director that has the respect for Star Wars to create a great film.

Well correct me if im wrong but i think Lucas didnt direct the OT.

14. gator

gator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2003
  15. gator

gator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2003
    Lucas directed Star Wars, both Empire and Jedi had different directors but Lucas was heavily involved as executice producer and wrote the story

16. rich_meister

Mar 22, 2002
    The only thing i really dont like about lucas is the special editions he has for the OT. They really dont make the films any better, theyre pretty much just a bunch of tweaks and added cgi effects that dont really fit in.

17. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    I just think he should have waited till the prequels where all out to do things like that

18. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    I applaud you RichMeister. You've definitley got sand, boy. lol....however...I don't think you understand the magnitude of the storm you are calling down on yourself to even suggest that the LOTR director should do any SW film.

So True, Here i come...

LOTR is a buch of [insert bannable word here]. Simply, he didnt come up with the idea himself, and if you ask me didnt put it together well. The battles go on and on which kinda deviates from Tolkins Origional theme.

BTW im refferring to the LOTR only because i dont give him enough Credit to see another of his movies.

Heavenly Creatures is a great film. If you haven't seen it yet, go rent it now!

Why? Whats so good about it?

19. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Peter Jackson's LOTR was just an adaptation of the books. Okay, the scale of the thing was huge, but that doesn't mean he'd do a good job with Star Wars.

I don't like LOTR, and I think the only man who has the right to alter Star Wars is Lucas himself.

20. rich_meister

Mar 22, 2002
    I just think he should have waited till the prequels where all out to do things like that

I agree any tweaking to the OT would have been better accepted in a set of Episodes 1-6. But do things like Greedo shooting at Han first, and zoom out shots of stormtroopers riding large tatooine creatures really add anything to the films?

LOTR is a buch of [insert bannable word here]. Simply, he didnt come up with the idea himself, and if you ask me didnt put it together well. The battles go on and on which kinda deviates from Tolkins Origional theme.

Becuz Peter Jackson did not create LOTR is part of why ive proposed this. He has adapted an extremely successful book series to the movies. And although you may not like them you it still doesnt change the fact that FotR and TTT have grossed over millions of dollars and are extremely popular.

Peter Jackson's LOTR was just an adaptation of the books. Okay, the scale of the thing was huge, but that doesn't mean he'd do a good job with Star Wars.

I don't like LOTR, and I think the only man who has the right to alter Star Wars is Lucas himself.

Well then Peter Jackson could adapt the movie novelizations =P

and lets try to keep things in the perspective here. Peter Jackson nor anyone else in George Lucas's lifetime is going to be messing with Star Wars besides Lucas. Im just saying if Peter Jackson had control of episodes 1-2 they would probably be better. Episode 3 remains to be seen.

21. anakin-vaderwalker

anakin-vaderwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2003
    it could be a bite cool to see him re do a few sw movies! :)

22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Why? Whats so good about it?

It's about two teenage girls in New Zealand plotting to kill one girl's mother. The plot is simplistic enough, but it's pulled off wonderfully.

23. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Well then Peter Jackson could adapt the movie novelizations =P

Going by that, the entire Death Star sequence from the middle of ANH would be left out, Han and Leia would go to [insert random planet here] instead of Bespin in ESB, and the entire final duel would be left out of ROTJ.

[face_plain]

That's what he did to LOTR.

24. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    Becuz Peter Jackson did not create LOTR is part of why ive proposed this. He has adapted an extremely successful book series to the movies. And although you may not like them you it still doesnt change the fact that FotR and TTT have grossed over millions of dollars and are extremely popular.

Yea, and Neither TTT or FOTR have Beat TPM Yet :p

It's about two teenage girls in New Zealand plotting to kill one girl's mother. The plot is simplistic enough, but it's pulled off wonderfully.

Might look into it, thanks Bib :)

Going by that, the entire Death Star sequence from the middle of ANH would be left out, Han and Leia would go to [insert random planet here] instead of Bespin in ESB, and the entire final duel would be left out of ROTJ.

That's what he did to LOTR.

See, he woulda screwed it

25. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    My point exactly, he's not worthy of teh Star Wars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.