main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I have a question on motion tracking with Icarus

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by wildstormfilms, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildstormfilms

wildstormfilms Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2006
    Hey guys. I'm new here. I thought I would try my hand at motion tracking with Icarus. What I've done is instead of using the auto tracking feature, I used the New User Feature tracking where you manually setup your tracking points in the scene. Then After I "Track UF forward" and played back the clip my tracking points line up with the the tracking markers that I have set forth when I shot the clip. Now I'm stumped. I can't export the tracking data for use in 3ds max. I can't calibrate or whatvere your supposed to do. I viewed the Icarus tutorial that Colin Levy made over at Peerlessproductions.com and he doesn't really get indeph with User Feature Tracking for Icarus. I'm just wanting know what the next step is?

2. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Why dont' you just try the auto track?

I don't have the program installed right now so I can't really check, but it needs to track and then calibrate the camera. Just use the Auto Track and Calibrate and then it'll do it all automatically, shouldn't be much of a problem.

3. saber_champ

saber_champ Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2004
    Wait a sec!

Can someone Please tell me where I can even get Icarus?

I've searched with google but can't find a place to download it from.

4. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Go to the fanfilms section of these boards and someone should be able to get you a link there. It's no longer availible online and can only be gotten from people that already have it.

5. jfx

jfx Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2006
    Go to Colin's tutorial page, then click on the Icarus tutorial. U should see a downlaod for Icarus on that page.

6. saber_champ

saber_champ Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2004
    I managed to find one of the few remaining links where Icarus can be downloaded for Free.

http://files.filefront.com/Icarus_209/;3922266;;/fileinfo.html

By the way, I heard theres another free tracking program called 'Voodoo'. I dunno if its any good but I might give it a go.

7. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Voodoo camera tracker is a piece of crap, don't even try it, just go with Icarus.

8. dvdcdr

dvdcdr Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2006
    Speaking of Icarus, does anybody know how to export it into Vue or Poser or a BVH, perhaps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.