main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

????I have a question????

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by darth_nemisis, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Why sre stormtroopers really bad in the OT, but in the AOTC, they are awesome?

2. Crow_T_Robot

Crow_T_Robot Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2002
    Welll, the easy answer is because in the OT they were shooting at the good guys and in AOTC they are shooting at the bad guys. If they killed all the good guys in the first one there would be no trilogy.

3. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Stormtroopers are "really good" all of the time, and I defy you to prove otherwise.

Why do you think they are "better" in the PT? All they do is walk forward in a straight line and shoot.

4. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    That's a good point Crow, i never thought of that.

And, the stormtroopers are worse than the clone troops because, in a new hope, when han was chasing them and they truned and shot at him, they missed. And in ROTJ, they just suck, they are getting beat by a bunch of little ewoks with sticks.

In the Clone Wars cartoons, the clone troopers kick a$$. They just kick the crap out of everything. The ARC troops are just cool.

5. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    And, the stormtroopers are worse than the clone troops because, in a new hope, when han was chasing them and they truned and shot at him, they missed.

They were under orders from both Vader and Tarkin to not kill them, and to let them escape.

And in ROTJ, they just suck, they are getting beat by a bunch of little Ewoks with sticks.

The Imperial forces are ambushed and surprised by the Ewok attack. But the surprise doesn't last long, and the Imps kick the little carnivores to the curb.
    Even the one scout trooper that gets shot in the neck doesn't go down.

In the Clone Wars cartoons, the clone troopers kick a$$. They just kick the crap out of everything. The ARC troops are just cool.

Um, okay. This has nothing at all to do with the PT Movies, but okay. I do admit that while the cartoon defied physics (by both sucking and blowing at the same time), the ARC trooper episode was watchable.

6. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    (by both sucking and blowing at the same time)

[face_thinking] Reminds me of a gir- actually, it doesn't matter...

in the OT they were shooting at the good guys and in AOTC they are shooting at the bad guys.

That's about the size of it. The winners write the history books etc. They're not so bad at Hoth, and they end up winning in that one. If they seem bad, it's because it fits the story.

;) {||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7. Jedimancer

Jedimancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2004
    Well, there's several reasons you can go into, but in the end I think a lot of this has to do with movie physics: when bad guys get shot at, they get hit; when good guys get shot at, they only get hit occasionally, and only in non-vital parts. That one poster had a good idea with Tarkin's orders to the troopers and how they purposefully let them go. There's another theory, though, too. The good old "the force is with them"(the good guys). A big theme of Star Wars is destiny. Perhaps the Chosen One and his son are so strong with the force, they can unknowling bend chance and reality around them(like Ta'averen in the Wheel of Time series, if anybody's ever read that).

8. Predator150

Predator150 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2004
    I have also been think about this same question.
    I was wataching ROTJ recently with my father, and he said how come the storm troopers are better in AOTC that in ROTJ.
    I think he was surprised that the little Ewoks were fight the troopers with to much ease.

Well, I think I have an anwser.
    I really don't think the Storm troopers are the clones. I think the clones were all just wiped out or something during the end of the clone wars.

My first reason for this is, why suddenly call them storm troopers if they are clones, if they were clones they would be called the clones troopers.

Seconed, they all have different hights, if they were clnes they would all be the same height.

Third, Many of the commanders, for example, General Veers at the battle of Hoth, was not a clone, but the generals who led the clones into battle are...

So, my conclusion, The Storm Troopers are just recruits from Coroucent who signed up to fight and protect the empire against the rebellion.

Oh yeah, the clones were also told what to do by the Jedi, Master Yoda, they were taking commands from the Jedi.
    So I think the Clones were wiped out by general Greivous gang, when fighting with the Jedi.

9. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I wondered how long it would be [face_laugh]

We may never know the answer to that one, but one thing's for sure: In the AotC commentary, Uncle George refers to the Clonetroopers as Stormtroopers. ;)

Granted, this is the man who says Laser Swords, but I figure his word's got to count for something, right?

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10. Predator150

Predator150 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2004
    Well, if the Storm Troopers are the clones, I suggest GL improved the battled at ender between the Ewoks, add some digital strom troopers who can be seen blasting some of those Ewoks.

11. Lukes_Lightsaber

Lukes_Lightsaber Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    That's not the SW spirit.

12. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Force Ghost star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    Georgie has said many times that the Stormtroopers are clones. The different heights have nothing to do with it, its just the restraints of the 70s and 80s.

And, the Ewoks were getting slaughtered during the Battle of Endor until Chewie got the ATST, unless I was watching a different movie than you.

13. Master_Akwat_Kbrana

Master_Akwat_Kbrana Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    "We may never know the answer to that one, but one thing's for sure: In the AotC commentary, Uncle George refers to the Clonetroopers as Stormtroopers."

George Lucas also frequently mispronounces names from his own movies. ;)

14. Jedi-Master-Dacron

Jedi-Master-Dacron Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2004
    Or perhaps, we are the ones mispronouncing them...

STAR WARS: EPISODE III - REVENGE OF THE SITH

15. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Heres a thought on why the clone troopers were better in the PT:

The clones were going against a droid army- which would be a lot less superior in intelect and/or militray strategy compared to humans and living targets.

16. Darth-Kyp

Darth-Kyp Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2004
    I always thought that about half of the stormtroopers were clones and the other half was recruits from the imperial academies. It just the recruits that can't hit anything. Actually, I recall Han almost joining the imperial academy.

17. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    Han did go there, but then withdrew his commission 6 months after graduating, I think.

A lot of future Rebels attended and then defected to the Alliance, but that's getting a little EUificated.

18. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Can we get through one week on these message boards without the Stormtroopers/Clones topic coming up?

It inevitably leads to disaster every single time.

19. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    By the time of the OT the Storm troopers are old news. They may be humans. I say that because Han Solo is actually chasing a group down the hallway on the deathstar. If Stormtroopers where less independent than they were in the PT, they would follow orders without question, even if it means getting killed by one man. During AOTC they are really something fresh and new. Plus they are clones and less independent than their original host, a bounty hunter called Jango Fett.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.