I Have A Question

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by shewoman, May 20, 2013.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. shewoman Jedi Youngling

Hi my name is Sheila I'm new to this forum. I joined because I have a question about a Star Wars poster (lithograph) that I acquired if anyone is knowledgeable about Star Wars Merchandise and could help me out and take a look at it because it is supposed to be rare and I can't find any information on it I can't even find the image anywhere on the net.
    Last edited by shewoman, May 20, 2013
  2. Adalia-Tehanis Force Ghost

Post a photo of it, we might be able to identify it. I have a set of Lithographs in my possession. ;)
  3. shewoman Jedi Youngling

There is a little glare but it is the best I could do in my environment. Any ideas or input would be very helpful.

Thank you,

[IMG]
  4. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
    Skiara likes this.
  5. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Jordan's idea is the best. :)
    Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  6. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Moving to Collecting.
    Last edited by LAJ_FETT, May 21, 2013
  7. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Well, there's a bit about the artist here on Rebelscum. The story is in relation to an old eBay auction which is no longer available. However, I did find a newer eBay auction here. Seller wanted 30 USD, didn't get it. I also Googled the author's name but the site I came up with is dead, and the email address in the Rebelscum article probably is as well since it was at the same site.

Edit - the poster was relisted and went for around USD 20. So I'd take that as a current value indication.
  8. shewoman Jedi Youngling

Thanks for the input!! The only thing I know about it is what I was told that the print is from the original painting by James Cukr of Queen Amidala it is 24 x 36 inches and very heavy weight paper. The guy I got it from said his brother was doing a press check at a printers years ago for his normal marketing job and when he was there the printer gave him this poster and told him that the print run had to be canceled because of the artist was contacted by Lucas Films about copyright infringement, so the printing was pulled, but a few did in fact exist. The painting is by James Cukr and it's copyright 1999 Curk7 Productions. That is really all the seller new about it. My Question really is that if this is so rare wouldn't it be worth something or am I reaching?
  9. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    If you had a Certificate of Authenticity saying it was rare you'd be in a better position. Anyone can say 'friend of friend' in an eBay description. Unfortunately it isn't a Lucasfilm-approved poster so that would probably lessen its value. I think the only way you'd luck out is if people got into a bidding war over it. The last one auctioned didn't do too well money-wise.
  10. shewoman Jedi Youngling

Thank you that makes a lot of sense!! :)
  11. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    No probs! I'd keep it and enjoy it - it's not a bad piece if you're a Padme fan. :)
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT