main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA I have an idea but ..........

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Bith_Lord, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    I will consult the oracle about this immediately. I must also talk to Sheriff's Off Duty & clear my schedule. For reference: Friday Feb 9th, anytime after 6:pM, say until 10PM or 11PM? OK to bring fan friends (I got a jail buddy who's a bigger fan than me: he's a collector!)? Kids, yes or no? Costume/lightsaber optional? Bring your favorite collectable stuff (we got a nice big table downstairs for display...)??

I will report back as soon as I have something to report.

The address for mapquesting is 4001 E street, 95819 (Sac). It is on the corner of 41st. & E st.

2. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I have a fold up table I could bring if you need it?

3. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    I spoke with oracle (Jim): he says date & time open. He has to confirm one or two minor things and he'll call me back today with final yes. I cleared my work schedule for Friday Feb. 9. My wife gave me the green light. So, pending final word from oracle we
    are go-flight.

Avalyn & Aunt Beru Lars, your opinions and thoughts are valued on set-up ideas. Regarding equipment and supplies: plenty of tables and chairs in basement. In fact, I even have 6 big judo/wrestling mats we can put on the floor in front of the screen. The room is decent size. I recommend bringing a favorite folding lawn/camp chair for maximum comfort. we can coordinate snack food as you guys see fit: I say one person brings case of microwave popcorn, a couple people bring variety of sodas, and then oddball chips or favorite foods at personal discretion. I have a shooting class that day and could be at church by 5:30PM for set-up.

I know I'm new and all, but I think having a little area with collectable stuff on display would be cool. I'm not a collector, but I know collectors like to show their bounty when they can. Also, if you guys have some kind of poster or banner or whatever to detail the club that would be cool too, since I gotta couple good friends I wanna invite.

I'm serious about the lightsaber space you could have killer ceremony with all the pillars down there- Rogue Leader, your thoughts?

4. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    Sounds like Jabba's Palace. Now you need to asure me there is no trap door.[face_laugh]

5. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    hoh hoh hoh hoh hoohhhhhh.... Solo.[Jabba behind curtain]. Even if there was a trap, I am confident you guys could fight your way out! Hey it's a Quaker church basement- their pacifists. It doesn't get any easier than that! Ill post as soon as I get confirmation of code transmission...

So, after reviewing some of the other posts, I assume a return to the Original life changer is in order? Back to the beginniing by friends, when it all started?

6. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    Sounds like it's coming along.
    Where is the band and the green dancing girls? Lol

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    I was hoping you were going to be the green dancing girl avalyn?? :( Including the costume!! ;) ;)

Sounds like a plan. Not sure if anyone wants to bring their collectables but its a good idea though. One question, can Dominos deliver to the church? :D ;)

8. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    Riiiiiiiight[face_laugh] I don't think so8-}

I almost wrote, And I am not volunteering myself.[face_blush]

Nice try though LDV.[face_devil]

But I like the singing and dancing.
    I like theater. [face_dancing]

Hummm collectibles[face_thinking] I can bring my Darth Vader Halloween trick or treat pail and load it up with candy.

9. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Unfortunately I think are group has plenty of guys (myself included) who have the girth to portray another Jabba palace beauty, Yarna Gargan

[image=http://starwars.wikia.com/images/thumb/b/bf/Yarna.jpg/250px-Yarna.jpg]

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Oh come on avalyn!!, where's your sense of adventure!! I have republic credits! ;) ;)

heh heh, just kidding. Don't want to ruffle anyones feathers here. heh heh heh

11. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    Republic credits are no good here. I need something more real[face_money_eyes]

And for the record I have plenty of sence[face_whistling]

[face_laugh]

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Something real?? hmmmm how about the Yavin System?? I have the titles and papers. ;) ;)

You have sense, I agree ... just not sure which kind. ;) ;) lol keeeed, I keeeed

13. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005

That I would love to see Bith.

LDV, More real[face_not_talking]
    I won't take all those empty Emperor promises like Anakin fell for. o_O

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Aighty then ... how about good hard US currency??? c'mon!!! ;) ;)

15. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    "Indeed you are powerful, as the emperor has forseen." Try a jedi mind trick Dark Lord, 'cause the money just 'aint working.

I should have confirmation of code transmission around 9:pM. I'll post the update immediately. Oracle says it's high probability a go, but never tell me the odds (who said that?)...
    The only question oracle has is about clean-up: an Indian church of St. Thomas meets in basement next day, so it needs to be clear. I can cover that with 10 minutes of help though.

Pizza delivery will work from anywhere nearbye. I worked Pizza Hut delivery for 8 years, so I'll line that up ahead of time if we decide to go that route. If we all chip in for pizza and soda, and 6 bags of microwave popcorn, it won't cost much.

I assume we are watching the film formerly known as "New Hope"? We can squeeze two in if ya want.
    All three originals would be pushing it for the older folk among us (me).

16. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Sounds good to me ekimnotslar Good friends, pizza and Star Wars ... ahhhhh the High Life!!! heh heh heh

17. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    :(

:_|

Friday nights are not good for me. Ah well.
    I'll survive. *sniff sniff*

18. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    Attention Rogues: I have confirmation from Admiral Jim: we are go for the rendezvous Friday February 9th. Dark Lord willing, we will go back in time to our youth (for some of us that's fast approaching 30 yrs ago).

Everybody chime in on how many movies to watch- how about this: Shall we watch the recent
    re-release(s) of the "original" releases (boy there's a mouthful!)? I wanna see Han shoot Greedo the right way-first! I'm tearing up right now- My six year old (Ethan) Luke is watching Revenge of the Sith as I type. sniff sniff...

Mapquest 4001 E street, 95819 for nav coordinates.

Pizza? batch of 2 liter sodas? microwave popcorn? BYOL (lightsaber) and comfy lawn chair?
    Collectables and costumes optional?

19. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    OOO!!! OOO!!! OOO!!! Count me in!!!! I wanna go!!! Any possibility of maybe a sleep over since some of us have to come from some distance??? Also, are the streets in Sac numbered like they are in Denver??

20. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    Greetings Tev! No sleepover 'cause the there will be a service early the next morning (Sat.) for the St. Thomas church of India. They use the whole church, so I gotta clean it up the basement for them when we're done (take me 15 minutes). Do you need a place to stay?

I'll give you directions if you need them-Mapquest is accurate for this nav coordinate. The church is easy to find because it is on the corner of 41st. and E street. You can look at a picture of the front of the building at www.sacfriendschurch.org . We will be in the basement.

Anybody got copies of the recent rereleased original trilogy? I say bring them all, and we can try to get through two of them. We could watch all three, but that would be a long night (old guy talking). If we start at 6:pM, who knows...? Of course the monthly SVRF meeting is the next day.

Pizza for all? Any preference for who makes it? Dark Lord dropped Dominoes name. I haven't had Dominoes for over 10 years! Everybody chime in with what they like and I'll make the list. I'll go first: I'm a plain and simple pepperoni guy (extra pepperoni)...

21. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    Sorry LDV I only place I will dancing at is the Cat Club.[face_batting]
    That's if I am going, still working on the details.

I like mushroom,pineapple w/ extra sauce. =P~

Sounds like a blast Ekimnotslar thanks for the invite and making it happen.

22. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Oh well avalyn ... could have been interesting ;)

23. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    HUh just interesting.[face_thinking]

I am a great dancer, years of Jazz,Tap and Ballet.[face_dancing]
    Then dancing in the 80's clubs since I was 15yrs.

Ughghh I am crushed.[face_beatup]

We will just have to see how well you do.[face_whistling]

You know I had to tease you back cuz I know you all to well.8-} [face_laugh] 8-} [face_laugh]

24. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Yep, it could have been interesting. ;) ;)

I know one thing you are good at while dancing...posing for the camera with a certain finger in the air. ;) ;) heh heh heh

And don't be crushed. Be happy!![face_dancing]

we will have to see how well I do??? Heh, my dear, I am an excellent dancer!! I just don't have to prove it! ;) [face_laugh] [face_laugh] even I have to laugh at that statement!!

and yes I know you all too well too. heh heh

25. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    Ok Zoolander. [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.