main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I have come up with a theory.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by sithlord85, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithlord85

sithlord85 Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Im not sure if this has been explained before in a novel or some where but you know how a jedi when he or she passes. Why do some fade out of existence and some need to be cremated. Well I figured if a jedi knows his time is up he or she can decide to go willingly leting the force take them. Those who do not die willingly don't fade away, Because they know their time is not up. But the logical explaination would be that When yoda passed and obi-wan they let their mediclorians devour their cells. This then lets a jedi become a walking spirit. But when a jedi doesn't go willingly the mediclorians doesn't do its last job and then the body need to be set a blaze to dispose of the mediclorians. This then sets the jedi spirit free from the body, its prison after death. Then ultimatly becoming like aniken in ROTJ.

2. Gothic_Yoda

Gothic_Yoda Jedi Master star 2

Aug 29, 2003
    I believe that becomming a force ghost is a skill which is learned. You also have to be strong in the force to do it.

I think I heard somewhere that Lucas may explain this better in RotS.

GothicYoda

3. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    But the logical explaination would be that When yoda passed and obi-wan they let their mediclorians devour their cells.

Not very logical, but if this were true, then they can digest fast as hell.

4. JonYo

JonYo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2004
    midichlorians are nonsense.

5. sithlord85

sithlord85 Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    science isn't my thing, sorry. I hope Lucas will explain more on the subject.

6. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Bear in mind that the disappearing trick and the coming-back trick are two seperate things.
    While Obi-Wan & Yoda 'vanish' and return as spirits, Qui-Gon Jinn doesn't vanish and yet still returns (in voice anyway) in AotC.
    Vader's a bit of a grey area. You don't see him vanish on screen, but the official line is that he does vanish before the cremation.
    So while the techniques may come from the same bucket, they're actually different.

Just a thought. :)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I agree with Blackout there... I'm starting to think they must be two separate things. I'm wondering if perhaps the Force doesn't reclaim everyone's spirit whether the body vanishes or not.

8. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I think they are definitely connected. Yes, we do hear Qui-Gon's voice, but we don't yet know what all this means. It will be a rather fruitless debate until we've seen ROTS, but it's always fun to speculate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.