main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA I have good news...and bad news...Lilac Parade

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Eledaia, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Bad news first. Well, I went to the Lilac Parade office today to see what the heck is going on. Turns out they never got my application. The good news is that we can re-apply no problem. More Bad news, I didn't read the fine print that our group has to be INSURED. More good news, there was an insurance office right next to the Lilac parade office, so I stopped by. More Bad news, the guy at the Lilac office said we needed to have at least $500,000.00 coverage, the good news is that for a years worth, we can purchase a policy for around $200.00. The bad news, we don't have that. We would however have that if we started paying dues, and I would personally double my dues to add to the pot.

Anyway, do we want to do this? Is this worth it? I don't know that we will have such a public display opportunity like this until next year, and then there won't be any movie playing...

2. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
  3. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    We're supposed to pay dues? o_O

When is the Parade and how do we fit into the picture?

I would like to help out, but, until I land a job, I'm strapped financially.

4. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    I'm willing to spring for dues now, but I'm also thinking that the Lilac isn't the only parade to happen here. There are at least two 4th of July ones and Labor day...
    Just food for thought.
    When is the latest we can apply?

5. TK-3374

TK-3374 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    After carful consideration and looking at my wallet i have come to a political decision that we should pass on the lilac parade and focus on another parade. The 4th of july would be a good one and will give people time to finish/start costumes

6. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Risking the "wrath of the rancor" i'm going to have to go with Casey on this one, while doing the lilac parade would be fun and exciting, and a great opportunity to recruite, I, for one, certainly don't have the funds right now :( but there are more opportunities in the coming months, we just need to start working on them now (and start thinking about the lilac parade for next year)

7. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Sorry, Kelli, but I'm with Casey and John. We are not as organized with fundage right now. We have yet to have a meeting where the bylaws are presented to all members and the dues explained to new people.
    I know we're all busy, I know we haven't had time, se la vie.
    We probably should introduce the bylaws as well as the Council of Five to the group as a whole.

8. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    I'd be willing to pay dues. Even without a job, I'd find a way.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have any kind of "recognizable" outfit for the Lilac (or any other) Parade. And I don't know what Kelli's schedule is looking like between now and then. I'm thinking that we may have to pass on that specific parade. Besides, we don't have a float, or a convertable, or even a decent looking/running pickup truck.....

By the way, if I were actually paying to be a part of our group, I would actually want people to call me far enough in advance of any activity (like I keep asking) so that I can know what's going on when I'm not able to get to a computer.
    FYI: You'd actually have to talk to me. Live. Leaving messages on my machine doesn't always work. You've either been cut off halfway, or it didn't take.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.