main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I HAVE LEARNED THE TRUTH ABOUT THE FORCE!

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    In ATOC, didn't Yoda discuss the need for him to look into the dark side to be able to see the plan taken up by the Dark Lord of the Sith. It may have been more described in the book. I would also say that when Vader picked up the Emporior and threw him down the shaft, he was drawing on the light side.

2. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Yea, we are closer then it seemed then Jake (Just hard to get the real jist of someone in writing sometimes)

One thing that is making me curious... Were did this "Spring of Force" come from? It seems strange that this would be the only place it existed. and also i wonder what that black material that was covering it was, because appearently it blocked the massive amounts of Force enery that was behind it until Nyax had it torn down.

3. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Good question. I was going to answer "cortosis ore", but that only works on lightsabers. I can't really seem to remember anything that pushes the Force back besides ysalimiri.

4. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Aye, Cortosis is just the sabers. I hope they go more into this Force Spring because as it is they just kinda opened it and never mentioned it again really, well past the storm that it now seems to generate in Traitor, But that seemed to be more of the Death Residue left by Nyax, since it was mostly hate and anger that came from that storm.

5. ExeterIsLame

ExeterIsLame Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    Remember the whole prophecy of the one who will bring balence to the force. I dont believe it meant that Anakin would be the one to bring balence to the force. I think it was meant that through him Luke would be born the one who has been on both the light and dark sides of the force and taken the path between them. In the time of the old republic there were both the dark and light factions of the force... it was splintered persay... but in the NJO after the coming of luke the rift between the two sides of the force was healed. I think that is how one could explain the differences between the characteristics of the two points of view. This is just a theory. I have no sage knowledge to back it up, just seems to make sense.

6. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I agree with you Jake. I just finished reading NJO Traitor, and the jist that I got from it was that their is one force, but a light and dark side of ourselves. I have to say that this was a great book probably my new favorite, but I think it would have been better had they built up Ganner's search for Jacen. Ganner's change I thought was a little quick. I have another question too. Can Jacen percieve the Vong through the force now? I was kind of confused on this issue because on page 151 it says that he can feel the Vong coming. What do you guys think?

7. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Yea, in away he can, just like Anakin. That Coral implant kinda tuned him into the Yuuzhan Vong Force frequence if you will, just like Anakin did with the Lambent Crystal in his saber.

8. Jacen_Solo81

May 18, 2002
    But in the certain chapter I was talking about his slave seed was already removed, and Anakin could only percieve them through the lambient. So with his new perception of the force does he now have the ability to see the Vong?

9. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    I'd say yes. Like it says he focuses on the spot the Slave Seed used to be and that seems to act as a tap into the part of the Force the vong seem to exist in. That is my thinking anyhow.

10. Jacen_Solo81

May 18, 2002
    I guess you're right. Maybe we will find out in Destiny's Way.

11. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Damn, I feel like I'm a year behind. I am just halfway through Jedi Eclipse.

12. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Books on tape my friend, i can read a book once, but i can listen to one more :p

Speaking of which, Jacen check you PM's bro!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.