main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC I have no friends.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Keycube, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keycube

Keycube Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2009
    Okay, I have friends; but no Star Wars friends.

Meh...I have Star Wars friends; but no fellow Star Wars zealots.

Anyone else have this problem? I could sit and have dinner discussions over the AT-AT gait, or the packaging issues surrounding how to make "X" starship "real-world" flightworthy with thrust vectoring...that sort of thing. You know, because that's what 46 year olds do.

Don't get me wrong, I know it smacks of being (more than?) a bit sad and pathetic; I'm nothing if not a realist. But there you are. Watching AOTC alone in my bathrobe this weekend whilst covered in cats, got me to wondering if there are others that share my plight (for better or for worse).

As an aside, I probably check in to this site way too much. So thank you all (for enabling me).

2. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    One idea is to make friends on and through the JCF, as well. :) There are the FanForce subforums for various regions, various Facebook groups for different communities on the Boards, and meetups (often just on an individual level, but there's been precedent for large and organised ones). More than one group of RL friends, or indeed even marriages, have had their origins in the JCF.

The social threads (such as the Cloud City Cantina) are a good way to get to know your fellow JCFers better and make friends, as well. Plenty of Star Wars zealots here, after all! And feel free to PM me!

Cleo Jinn likes this.
  3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Well said Dreadwar. :)

Anyway Keycube don't feel discouraged. You'll make friends in no time. But next time do not create a thread just on this, it would have been better suited if you posted your post in the Cantina for instance.

Darth Dreadwar and Bardan_Jusik like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.