main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT I have not watched the new Star Wars Blu-Rays.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by UK Sullustian, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    Drop it. Your fellow users of the boards are not topics.-mod edit.

2. Joda0

Joda0 Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2013
    You can also find some stuff on YouTube, for example the feature length 'Empire of Dreams', excellent and fascinating documentary.

JediWheelz and Pensivia like this.
  3. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    I may dislike some of the 2004 changes, but I'm glad I bought that set because of the Empire of Dreams documentary.

JediWheelz likes this.
  4. Stormtrooper Dave

Stormtrooper Dave Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2013

I remember VH1 aired a special called "When Star Wars Ruled The World" shortly before the release of the DVD set in'04. One of the highlights was Mark Hamill talking about slipping into a movie theater in December of 1976, and seeing the trailer for Star Wars. As he recalled, when the trailer was nearing the end, and the narrator says "and it's coming to your galaxy next summer", someone in the theater yelled out that it would be the late night movie on TV a few months after that. I always thought that was amusing, not to mention completely incorrect.

I wish that program could have been included on the blu-ray set, because VH1 did a really good job getting the big three (Ford, Hamill, Fisher) together to talk about how it influenced their careers. As it is, I don't think it's available anywhere. I looked for it on You Tube once or twice, but I didn't have any luck finding it.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  5. Endor_Commando

Endor_Commando Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2007
  6. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    To the OP and anyone else who hasn't seen the SW Saga Blu-rays, especially the OT, you're missing out. The picture quality & sound are stunning. Even if you don't like the new additions/changes, they're still great to watch.

I myself held out on getting these for about a year after they came out, then finally caved in late 2012. Getting the Saga Blu-ray set is one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Poor Greedo like this.
  7. Stormtrooper Dave

Stormtrooper Dave Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2013

Yes, thank you!

It should still be on one of these box sets, though. Maybe the next one :)

8. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    The Blu Rays are awesome.

The deleted scenes from ANH and the black and white version of the cantina scene are worth the price alone.

That deleted Biggs scene in HD is better than all three prequels - and I like the prequels.

JediWheelz and Poor Greedo like this.
  9. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I can only echo what's been put forward already. I would recommend setting aside feelings about various tinkers for a moment and just enjoying seeing SW in all its audio-visual glory.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Poor Greedo like this.
  10. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Why not just mute the sound at that part if you don't like it?

11. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, good one.

12. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    No seriously it's only a few seconds of the film.

13. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    I don't know how you watch movies, but you are not supposed to pause, mute, skip or do anything in order to alter the content presented. To suggest that taking away something (complete sound annihilation in this case) to make the experience better seems like the worst suggestion possible. Nothing good has ever come out of repression.

The whole act of muting the film is so much more than just pressing a button on the remote. People are not THAT dumb.

14. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Oh well. I've just never been someone who complains when there is a change to the Star Wars films. I can see why some people do but I'm not one of those people.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and JediWheelz like this.
  15. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    The only time I ever skip to the next scene is when Jedi Rocks happens. I saw it once in the theater. Never again. NEVER AGAIN!

16. Beru'sBlueMilk

Beru'sBlueMilk Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2013
    I got so sick of mates complaining about the Blu Rays that I decided to make my own version, It's all in a huge folder on my laptop, it has separate folders with the unaltered and blu ray versions of the original trilogy along with the Adywan redone version of a New Hope in one, The prequels along with the Phantom edits of I and II in the next one. The next one contains a shedload of documentaries, Empire of Dreams, some 7 hour doc of the making of all 3 originals, several other docs, The Holiday special, Troops, IMPS, trailers etc. The next one contains all the soundtracks. The next contains all the deleted scenes from the bluray. The next folder has heaps of Ralph McQuarrie art. The next contains heaps of poster artwork for all 6 films and the last one has interviews, concept art and general stuff. The next folder contains all the Clone Wars episodes and the film. And I have a mate getting my a heap of original TV ADs for all the toys from the original line, so that'll be another folder. My little boy's always asking to watch them all the time...and it didn't cost me a thing.

JediWheelz and Darth_Pevra like this.
  17. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
  18. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I... really didn't need to know about that

19. Darth Ridiculis

Darth Ridiculis Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2013
    Whup Whup! Here come the piracy police.

20. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I really want to buy it but I know they are coming out with another release in October. I only know they are releasing a DVD/Blu-Ray combo and I not sure what the special features are.

21. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    I still don't have a blu ray player LOL

22. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I am boycotting the Blu-rays. So, as of right now I have never watched or owned the Blu-ray versions in their entirety.

23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I haven't watched it either. I did see a montage of changes on YouTube or something, but I have no intention of paying for that.
    Just can't get past that idiotic "Nooooo" thing.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    They are just the DVD and Blu-ray audio commentaries.

25. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I am REALLY starting to HATE most Star Wars fans. Why cant people just watch the movie as a movie. No one 'raped" your childhood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.