main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

''I have other uses for you''

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Almec gained the most from this. He's free from prison, has been restored to his post as Prime Minister and all his rivals are dead. With the backing of Death Watch and Satine and Viszla dead, Almec rules Mandalore. Because there's no way Sidious leaves Maul on Mandalore.

2. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I sense a Cracked-style Photoshop challenge coming, where we show the other possible uses Palpy has for Maul.

eukaryote likes this.
  3. Mars457

Mars457 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 3, 2013
    And he has zero actual power, being a pawn in a game being played far above his head.

4. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Not to mention the fact that Bo-Katan's faction is motivated by the deep-seated xenophobia in Mandalorian culture and is fighting for the legacies of both Vizsla and Satine.

The Mauldalorians are symbolically nothing without Maul. He's their anointed leader after defeating Vizsla in the duel. Without Maul, Almec could be left rudderless and at the mercy of whatever ambitious supercommando who vies for power. However, he does have control over the institutions of government. Almec could mobilise the state's resources against Bo-Katan's faction and hold onto power through inertia.

5. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Based on Mandalore some random person will just declare themselves leader and end up ruling.

07jonesj likes this.
  6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Not Almec. He'll poison your tea.

Vialco likes this.
  7. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    He who controls the tea controls the Mandalorians.

Cue Bo-Katan throwing the tea into space.

8. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Wrong. Almec has power over everyone on Mandalore except Maul. He only answers to one man, and the people of Mandalore see him as their official leader and with Maul as Sidious's captive, Almec has no master. Mandalore is his to command without any outside interference.

Well until the Republic invades and ousts him.

9. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    There are contradictions between Wrath of Maul & The Sith Hunters when it comes to how he survived the fall. The only thing that saves them is that the comic was from Maul's pov via dream/nightmare. As for Maul's ultimate fate, Disney won't kill him until they squeeze all the ink from his upper body.

10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Heh, the Mandalorian Tea Party, when the citizens of Mandalore flew up and threw tea into space in protest of Almec raising tea taxes without their consent.

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    And that's when the sacrifices began... Thank you, your legacy is intact.

12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I predict that Almec will concoct a sinister scheme in which he invites Dooku and Palpatine to a peace summit, but serves poison tea, given both belly aches and putting them out of commission for weeks. Sidious will be unable to run a government when he's too busy suffering from Montezuma's Darth Plagueis' revenge. Meanwhile the non-Sith elements of each slug it out without their Sith overlords to regulate the fighting, leading to de-stabilization of both governments and the ascendency of Mandalore as the head of 2,000 systems. Cheap school lunches FTW [face_devil]

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Maul didn't get help from Plagueis either; Plagueis was in the process of getting killed by Palpatine. Maul didn't have Plagueis' ability to cheat death, nor did he have the power of transfer essence, which even Palpatine did not learn until he obtained the Tedryn Holocron.

14. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I like this story. Especially where the fans vote on who lives and who dies.
    So what are some opportunities that have been wasted?

[​IMG]

15. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Let us not forget that it was the maker and not the fans, who short-sightedly whacked & illogically revived... said woefully contrived. ;) Randy was a complete waste and bringing Maul back means it was dumb to kill him in the first place. Dathomir magic is so lame... it borders on patently absurd. The whole story of Maul and his yellow suped up clone has been eye candy and little else.

JackG likes this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    No way. Yeah it was dumb on the surface but Maul turned into something fantastic for TCW. The Maul arc here in season 5 gave us a surprisingly rich story that feels like it'll carry some real weight into the future. Savage even had a cool death that actually resolved his character and make him somewhat tragic again. It ain't over. I can't wait to get around to my little marathon.

17. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Now that Sidious controls Maul, he controls Mandalore, Death Watch, and the underworld.

InterestingLurker and Seerow like this.
  18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's exactly right. Consequences and real weight for the future.

rumblewagon likes this.
  19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Well nothing heavy enough to effect RotS, so I can't agree.

Also: Obi-Wan should (has) to be the one to finally put an end to Maul, his reputation requires it. It's his kill. Then again, Filoni does seem to hate Kenobi, so Ahsoka will probably kill him.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Given Kenobi said the Republic was liekly to invade Mandalore, I can't see Sidious keeping Maul as ruler there seeing as he would not be able to defeat a Republic army (unless of course Palpatine puts a stop to the idea of invading). Seems more likely Maul will be used for some more sinister plan

Maybe so, but Maul obviously managed to keep himself alive long enough to get somewhere safe despite having no legs.

rumblewagon likes this.
  21. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    The events of Lawless certify in my mind that Kenobi will deal with Maul, and do it as a Jedi.

22. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Soooo...uh, back to my original question. What are some of the wasted opportunities? Thoughts? Ideas?

23. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I think we will see either, if not both, a Dooku vs Maul and an Anakin vs Maul conflict before the show is done, but yes Obi-Wan will be the one to put the final nail in his old adversary's coffin. Anything else would be heresy!

rumblewagon likes this.
  24. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Great, I'm going to have nightmares for weeks.

25. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Everything about Savage was a waste, not sure how many times you want me to repeat that... he did nothin more than go out and find his brother, and at the end I found that to be so lame. Ideas? Start with not killing Maul in the first place, or stop with bringing him back after creating Savage... either one of those two choices would work for me.

The Shadow Emperor and Sitara like this.