main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 I have PSWCD = Post Star Wars Celebration Depression

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by JXD, Apr 22, 2015.

1. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015
    Anyone else in the same boat?

Rellum Kire and jp1974 like this.
  2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I suffered a bit on Monday and all I did was watch the live stream [face_laugh]

Looked like such an amazing experience, I was already planning to go to C8 in 2017 (at least that's when I was assuming it would be, was hoping for it to be in May to cover midnight screening of VIII and 40th anniversary) when they announced it would be in London next year which saves me so much money. Really looking forward to it.

jp1974 likes this.
  3. jp1974

jp1974 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2015
    I am still suffering. Seriously... no sleep. Wishing I was back in Anaheim with my SW family. My friend who I went with, sent me a message when we got back home saying, "All the women are ugly and nobody is wearing Star Wars shirts". After laughing, it reminded me of the great time I had. Looking forward to attending CVIII.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Following the first CE (London) in 2007, my houseguest from the US and I had the 'con crud' for three days. It was an effort just to make it from my flat to the local pub for sustenance.

5. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    At least now i can watch all the panels I missed on Star Wars You Tube channel

6. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Same. Sure, I don't mind sleeping in my own bed or being back on Central US time, but the Post Con Depression (PCD) is really hitting me hard on my first day back at the office. I will have to watch the videos of the panels I missed while volunteering and waiting in line for the TFA props. Also rocking some edema in my lower legs from all of the standing.

7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Yes, very much in the same boat, and it is comforting to know I am not the only one.

On Monday morning I felt it so strongly, and since I am pretty local to Anaheim (Mondays also being my regularly scheduled day off), I actually went back and walked the convention grounds for a minute just to breathe the air again and know what was happening there just the day prior. As luck would have it, while walking around I actually met Mary Franklin, who was the only other person I saw that was still there from Celebration. I introduced myself and thanked her and just told her I can't believe it is over, which she was gracious about. That was a very fitting moment of closure to the whole event for me. I then went and got lunch in Downtown Disney where I still saw quite a few Celebration shirts, so it was nice to at least be around a few more attendees and echo the same thoughts of not wanting it to be over. Spent the rest of the day watching the live streams to catch everything that I missed and basically re-live the whole event. And since then I've just been keeping up with a lot of the social media chatter about it and have decided to use Celebration Anaheim as kind of a launching point to become much more active and involved in the Star Wars community than I have in the past (registering for this forum being one example). It was my first Celebration, so it certainly has impacted me a lot. Star Wars music has basically been playing on a constant loop in my head, and I even dreamt last night I was there. Not sure if I can make it to London so I want to ride this out as long as possible.

jp1974 likes this.
  8. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    just a touch. I think I saw more after CV or CVI. Stayed healthy at least. Watch this CV vid and remember the good times!

9. SinderMoonStar

SinderMoonStar Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2015
    same here, it feels funny being back at work and not seeing anyone is a star wars tee. Also having the Con Crud is not helping, been running a fever since monday but would give anything to be back a Celebration.

10. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Oh yeah my sister and I are totally going through it, hopefully I can go to London.

11. jp1974

jp1974 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2015
    Now that the depression is starting to fade. I've got the con-crud as well. Sore throat, coughing.. etc. Ughhh!

12. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Hard to believe exactly one week ago we were all in The Force Awakens panel to kick off the event, cheering and bringing a lot of energy to Celebration.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, that's what we had..

14. torjoreyri

torjoreyri Jedi Knight star 1

May 9, 2014
    In 14 years of annual convention-ing, this is the first time I've ever gotten sick afterwards. So thanks a lot, you stuck-up, half-witted, disease-ridden nerf herders.

I'm going to C2E2 in Chicago this weekend, though. Never been to two conventions so close to each other.

15. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Ooooh, I have done 2 conventions in 2 weekends (Worldcon and then DragonCon). It was fun, but I did not stay up late much at the second one. It is VERY tiring. I had a great time at CVII --- and I won the Cosplay Contest, an unexpected but welcome surprise --- but I was ready for it to be done and get home.

16. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    I'm sorry about everyone who got sick. There was one idiot in particular in line at one of the food trucks who joined a group in front of me who bragged about being sick all night (in a very graphic manner). So yeah, of course, the smart thing to do was to come where all the food was and make the rest of us susceptible to his illness :rolleyes:

17. Oddacon

Oddacon Jedi Knight

Mar 19, 2015
    No con crud here, but I was surely feeling PSWCD. It was weird coming home. It felt as if we were in a different world and life all together. Lasted Monday through Wednesday. We're back into the swing of things in our normal lifestyle. And now I can watch the panels I missed on Youtube.

18. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Oh, I'm still a mess! To be around so many kind, passionate fans..and then - nothing!

19. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Now that I'm finally home from the States, it really has hit me. Or maybe it's just the jetlag, but also PSWCD too...

20. Jedi Master Splinter

Jedi Master Splinter Jedi Knight

May 15, 2015
    I didn't realize this was a thing. This year was my first celebration. It was very depressing to fly back home. And for about a week I had that odd depressing feeling. Kind of felt like when you finish watching a show that has no more seasons left. Just a weird alone feeling. But so happy that you got to experience it. But still very sad that it is over.

I was really sad when I heard it was going to be in London next year because I had already planned on going to the next celebration. But London isn't quite feasible for me.

21. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    It seems like such a long time ago, but it was only four weeks ago that SWC was still going on...

22. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Seven weeks ago...sigh...this event had a huge impact on me, to say the least

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Still missing Celebration? Or were there events and panels you couldn't get to? Rebelscum have put together a page linking to all of their Celebration coverage. Enjoy!

Rellum Kire likes this.
  24. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    And on this day, exactly one year ago, at this moment, most of us, including those not in attendance, were tuned in to the opening panel of Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, which, looking back, was truly the moment that reignited Star Wars fervor all across the globe, a fervor that will remain constant for many years to come.

Still one of the best experiences of my life being there that whole weekend, taking it all in, and having it reignite my fandom in a way I never expected and am truly grateful for.

Padme501st likes this.
  25. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I miss it so much that I've been doing my own sleuthing of where I think the next location is (even though I know I have to wait till July for confirmation). I'm just ready to go again

MotivateR5D4 likes this.