main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I have seen it.. and this is what i have to say.

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by 1ringwd4s, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1ringwd4s

1ringwd4s Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2002
    I wasnt expecting to watch Episode3 so soon but my good friend from Warner didnt forget me while i was in the US. She asked me when will i be back from the states and i told her "if this is about the advance screening for Star Wars then i'll leave tomorrow." Hahaha!!!

The only catch is.. i couldnt bring anyone with me. I have to be there alone. Which was all fine with me. I went at Greenbelt3 early (they told me the movie will start at 7pm which of course it didnt happen). I didnt even wear anything Star Wars related. I showed up.. was given the ticket. Didnt eat the buffet they had set up there. Went inside cinema2. Waited a couple of minutes before they started showing a few movie trailers (Ice Age2, Fantastic Four, Batman Begins, etc) then the 20th Century Fox intro.

Lucasfilm

A Long time ago.. in a galaxy far, far away

Star Wars

Episode III

Revenge of the Sith

Spolier warning
    beware
    spoiler might affect your viewing pleasure
    you have been warned
    This movie lived up to my expectations and more. It is so good that you're gonna watch it 5 times till it disappears in theaters. But before i tell you how i felt watching it.. i want to point out a few of the disappointments i had.

The space battle was very detailed. It was so awesome that i wanted some more. It was disappointingly short.
    Well, for me anyway.

Where the hell are the 2 12" action figures they produced from this film??? Shaak Ti and Barriss Offee wasnt in the movie. Or probably i just didnt see them because of the amount of things that are going on in every scene. (That is why you have to watch it a couple of times before you ...**** it.. forget it).

Didnt see Mon Mothma either.

Palpatine was so good that Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar didnt have time to wield their lightsabers. Yes, he's that good he bested 2 Jedi Masters within seconds. And Kit Fisto? Man.. you disappoint me!!!

Worst, Aayla didnt even ignite her lightsaber during Order66.

Grievous' death. It could have been better. The Clone Wars series made him too good.

Other than that?? ****! This film kicks ass! Just like what i told Oneal. ESB is still better than ROTS but ROTS IS BETTER THAN THE REST!!! (oh, and they also mentioned Quinlan Vos' name in the movie.)

Anakin/Dooku/Obiwan duel was awesome and thats only the beginning!

The Boga is such a cool animal. I wont be surprised if the Boga toys sells out once the movie hits.

You have got to see how Grievous use his 4 lightsaber attack. Just like Clone Wars chapter20.

Battle ground Kashyyyk was like a sci fi version of Saving Private Ryan's Omaha Beach.

The Clones at Utapau looks so cool when they fight the droids. One of the Clone even climbed on top of the Crab Droid and blasted the **** out of its head "Clone Wars" style. How cool is that?

All this and more.

My heart was pounding during the Order66 event. Betrayal most bitter.

Obiwan and Anakin's lightsaber duel is beyond words. They move so fast just like how Obiwan and Darth Maul fought in Episode1.

But when Yoda confronts Darth Sidious... oh man... you're jaws will fall to the ground!!! That duel at the Senate Chamber is unbelievable!

I was surprised how good the movie flows. I even tried to hold back my tears when Obiwan was about to leave Anakin scarred at Mustafar. It was so emotional for a Star Wars film.

Guys, this is the Star Wars film we've all been waiting for. You guys are in for a treat on the eve of May 18.

Episode 3, the most depressing Star Wars film is one of the best in the saga.

May the Force be with you... always.

By the way.. dont blame me if you got spoiled. Dont tell me i didnt warn you. The movie ends with the twin suns of Tatooine setting. A new hope.

2. Jedi_Dondie

Jedi_Dondie Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2005
    ooh! a have a bad feeling about this!

3. sithlord_executor

sithlord_executor Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    oh man! eheheeh.ts ok.. i am very xcited! ive got ROTS's sypnosis..awwwwwwwwwww! its 5 days and counting!

4. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I've seen it twice... it gets even better the second time you watch it.

Oh, and I burst in tears both times during the scene of Padme's funeral... :_|

5. XYDE

XYDE Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2004
    for me, the tearjerker scene was Obiwan's last words before he left Anakin for dead...

i LOVED ROTS
    but i thought it was BITIN!
    theyve deleted the Mon Mothma scene, the Mon Calamari scenes, the initial formation of the Rebellion scene, and the supposed (?) Qui-Gon scene!

On interviews, GLucas sez that ROTS would explain questions like "Why does Qui-Gon not disappear into thin air when they died?" Although fans would know the answer as they have the stuff they know putting 1+1 the star wars facts...but GLucas really sez that ROTS would REVEAL ALL answers

i LOVED it nevertheless

premiere screening kanina here in Iloilo (10pm May 18, 2005)
    Tomorrow watch ako again with my other friends...took the day off sa office for this

CANT WAIT TO GET THE DVD OF THIS & MARVEL AT THE SPECIAL FEATURES!!!

6. Jedi_Dondie

Jedi_Dondie Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2005
    A masterpiece! It answered all of my questions and enlightned me more regarding the entire saga.it is as if im looking through a jedi holocron.hehehe

7. Padawan_20

Padawan_20 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I watched it thrice yesterday, and every time i watched it, i just got more and more impressed. It was an incredible film, and i loved the way ROTS tied the whole saga together. Good job!

Personally, the film was the most engaging of the prequel trilogy. The betrayal was great, ala Godfather, when Michael had the other heads of the rival families killed. Sarap i-hug ni Padme, hehehe. And the first breath of vader, classic.

Question though, would Padme still have died if Anakin did not join Palpatine (She died coz she didn't find the will to live, right?)

8. jediRyze

jediRyze Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    hi, i'm just new here

and about ep III: ROTS . . . i love it very much . . . i've watched it several times already this week and still i can't get enough of it . . . despite that this episode may still have some unanswered things to me . . . its still a great movie that connected the whole star wars saga . . . now, i'm so happy that star wars is now completed and sad at the same time that it has ended

i love all the duels and how fast both opponents attack with their lightsaber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.