main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW I HAVE SEEN IT (no spoilers)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kalor_Voe, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalor_Voe

Kalor_Voe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2000
    Hoo baby, where can I start?

It's very reminiscent of ESB (in fact, there are several cyclic references to it that are very direct), yet has its own unique feel. It has much more intrigue, and the action/effects left me with my jaw hanging open.

And there are several bits that explain parts of the original tril, so you then know why a character figured something out, or what was going through their head when they did a certain action.
    Absolutely brilliant. I cannot think of anything George could have done better.

2. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Wow...so where do you rate it (avoiding the whole 'its new so its great' deal) out of the movies already out?

3. Cockatiel

Cockatiel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2002
    Is it the best SW film made?

4. Kalor_Voe

Kalor_Voe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2000
    1st or 2nd- around ESB.

Some of the love affair seemed a little cringey to me, but I think it was consistent with where the characters are coming from.

Yoda was quite surprising in several aspects, and I liked young Boba much better than I thought. He may be young, but he is still very much Boba Fett.

5. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    You beat me to it Steve.

Yes, it was brilliant. It rates up there with ESB as the best in my books. I won't know for sure until I see it a couple more times and focus on all the little details that I picked up.

6. Cockatiel

Cockatiel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2002
    "He agrees!" - C-3P0 ;)

7. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    I'm a bit suprised (and happy) you think it's that good. I've read some seriously damning reviews in the last few days and wasn't getting my hopes up too much for it.

8. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I'm sorry Kalor, I'm going to have to close this and redirect you here. If I'm gonna to it to all the other threads that pop up, I have to do it for you, too. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.