I have Star by Star sitting in front of me! But...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth-Curtis, Oct 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Curtis Jedi Padawan

So I get home from school on a Friday. It's kinda cloudy out but I'm feelin like it's a good day.

Then my mom walks into the house and drops Star By Star on my lap

"I saw this at the library, thought you might want to read it"
    And that's my story
    I have Star by Star on my lap

But...
    I haven't read Balance Point, Conquest or Rebirth. The book is on hold and due back in seven days. Should I read Star by Star regardless or go out and buy Balance point conquest and Rebirth right away...
    or just take it back to the library

what should i do? I'm not rabid to read it because I havent read the previous three books and last I read Han Solo was finished his adventures in the Luceno duology (which rocked!! finally... there isnt dozens of superJedi) but I'm just wondering wha you guys think?

2. suncrusherX Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd tell the library you lost it and fork over the $25 myself.
  3. Darth-Curtis Jedi Padawan

OK I'm gonna do an excerpt:

I couldn't get...(middle of the sentence ...it.
  4. Draco_Starcloud Jedi Knight

star 2
    Read is regardless! I read both parts of Micheal Stackpole's New Jedi Order books before Vector Prime.

And give us spoilers!
  5. Dark_Jedi_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 1
    I would read the others first, but i agree with suncrusher, you should tell the library you lost it, and pay the money.
  6. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm with Draco_Starcloud here. I too read the Dark Tide duology before VP because I had to wait until VP was in paperback before I could get it. Since you got it, don't cheat the library out of what may be their only copy. Yes, folks did say to pay them back. But still, they may not be able to get another copy right away and I'm sure other folks may want to check it out as soon as possible. Read it and return it.
  7. LtSticks Jedi Knight

star 3
    To be honest, id say read the others before sbs, cos i waited a year before VP came out, and enede up getting MAS duology. I really regretted it. The BIG spoiler was revealed, which totallly annoyed me, and made the waiting even worse. But, hey, its your life, and thats just my outlook on things.

Oh, if you DO read it, tell us some stuff!
  8. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    OK I'm going to ask you what I asked everyone else who got the book early. Please PM me with some spoilers. Evn if you aren't going to read it, justflip throught it and choose some. Seriously.

I ordered it off Amazon.com. And had it overnighted. EXPENSIVE!
  9. LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Master

star 4
    In my opinion i would read Balance point, conquest, and rebirth first. Then you will probably be more exited about SbS when you read it.
  10. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    I've foolishly went ahead and read the spoilers. I wish I didn't now. :(
  11. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, the same thing.....I would love some spoilers PMed to me!!! Pleeeaaaase. ;)
  12. stevo Jedi Master

star 4
    My mind, my body is screaming for SBS and SBS spoilers

must. . .

resist
  13. BoutyPunkrAurra Jedi Knight

star 3
    SBS IS AT THE LIBRARY?!!??!?!?! why ddint you SAY so?!
  14. stevo Jedi Master

star 4
    It isn't at the library. Trust me, It's no where, absoulutly no where in the 4th largest city of the United States.

DUDE, Curtis! you have SBS right in front of you, read it! We would kill to read it and you have it in front of you!

Wow, I thought I made 50 posts 2 day, but it turns out that I made 110+
  15. BoutyPunkrAurra Jedi Knight

star 3
    what is the 4th largest city in the country??
  16. stevo Jedi Master

star 4
    Houston, TX

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed. ( I hate that!)
  17. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    At the very least read the BP and EoVs' summaries at Timetales.
  18. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    ::Wants to cry.:: My library. It has an entire room of viola music, a wing for the Hebrew literature collection, a Marion Zimmer Bradley that's been out of print since 1983, and yet it has, count them, 4 star wars books. Zahn TTT and Children of the Jedi.

My bookstore, when Rebirth came out, had 5 copies and I got the last one. I'm hoping for another merchandising miracle here.
  19. stevo Jedi Master

star 4
    The libraries in Houston have Truce at Bakura, that's it. 8 million people and one Star Wars Book!
  20. JediFarfy Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, everyone move to Seattle--NOW! I'm just luck I guess. There are members of the Seattle Star Wars Society that work at many major bookstore in and around Seattle (that's B&N, Borders, Waldens, and B. Dalton). They each have just about all of them. Except the X-Wing books. i just bought them. :D

Oh, and I want spoilers too! Please?!?!

JediFarfy
  21. Ornitier Jedi Knight

star 1
    That Seattle Star Wars thing does have people like that? I'm on that list but I don't get much info about it... I personally say read them in order. the Bantam books you can read in nearly any order since they weren't released chronologically for the most part. Series in that you should read chronologically and the NJO basically works like a big series. However, while they claim that you can just read the major novels and skip over the paperbacks, that is false as major events do occur in the minor novels that affect the story.
  22. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    I still think it's kinda weird that we get all the Star Wars books here where I live. It's a town called Florence in the state of Alabama. our local Books-A-Million and Booklands(owned by the same company)have pretty much all of the novels. I've never had a problem getting any of them.
  23. wesgirl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi RingoJu,

BAMM has a warehouse there I think. Everytime I order books online f/BAMM the tracking info originates in Florence AL. It never takes longer than 2 days and I ALWAYS get New Releases at least a week early. Rebirth shipped TEN days early. You ARE lucky :)

Shalla
  24. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
    That's pretty cool. It has always depended where I was living at the time on how quickly I got the book. I always got it early when I lived in SC, but not so anymore. :(
  25. exar-tull Force Ghost

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.