main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I have 'stepped down'

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Chyren, Oct 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Oh well. :(

2. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Dang, this will create a void that can never be filled.

Now I just need to figure out if that's a good thing or a bad thing . . . ;)

Seriously, you were truly one of the most interesting, entertaining and fun mods. Sad day, this.

3. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    You were the finest female moderator we ever had :)

Actually, I'll miss you, I really thought you were a great admin. :(

4. viper_stew

viper_stew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 14, 2001
    people here "jump on the bandwagon", just because they hear a popular name, who they don't know....

You know if many of us haven't been persistant on getting unbanned when you kicked us out, we would have stayed banned.....

many of us who are NOT trollers, would not have been here because of your "piss off" declarations...

so I have mixed feelings, you were entertaining, i'll admit that, but you "came down" on many who were just having fun and did no harm or no trolling, and you went totally "extremist" on us, were another Admin would just say give a light deserved warning....... [face_plain]

5. Dark Lord of the Jedi

Dark Lord of the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    bah! Chyren is (was) the best mod the JC has ever had. (no offense to any past/present mods here)

followed by Darth Ludicrous
    //kiss-ass :D

6. QuiBobJinn

QuiBobJinn Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2000
    I wrote once that if there was such a thing as a Star Wars scholar it was Chyren.

I have admired your knowledge and love for these movies for about 2 years now. If only there were more like you.

Thanks for the memories, the laughs, and the vjiking.

Peace.

7. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    I can't believe I survived to see that day.

Force be with you, Chyren (which I still can't pronounce)

on related news, is ChyrensNameInVain (or whatever) still banned, or what that just _Chyren_?

8. LOOKIE_HERE

LOOKIE_HERE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
  9. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
    But....who will harrass the fanboys? WHO?! :_|

;)

Seriously though, with all the time over the past year I've spent in the spoiler forum, it's a sad day to see you go. I remeber how it was in there, and the place would be so much worse if you had not have been there to keep us in line. Cheers!

10. Tater

Tater Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2001
    Good, I never really liked you anyway.

Well, there was that one time when you pulled that cool joke on everybody. That was awesome. :D

11. ObiJohnKenobi

ObiJohnKenobi Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Dad, what was a "chyren"?

12. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Actually, I was the finest female moderator we ever had!

;)

13. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
  14. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    yes, jasman. and what about you in your infamous speedos???? ?[face_plain] :_|

15. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I still say he used a sock to troll and then banned me for responding. Hm. He did good, but...

16. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    Hmmm... the Speedos pic. Maybe I should post a new pic. I just got a new thong....

:D

17. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    w e l l :eek: :eek: :eek: since many missed the speedo pic, a new thong pic might cause a stir here and a change of pace. It's been kinda quiet. :D :D :D

18. Melvin_DP

Melvin_DP Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2001
    To Chyren:

I don't believed you "stepped down" at all. I think that's why you put that in quotation marks in your thread title.

As a matter of fact, I believe they either

A. "fired" you.
    b. forced you to resign
    c. Your conscience worked you over so much (if you have one), you couldn't take it anymore.

Either way, you certainly deserved it.

Especially for what you did to my girlfriend, which you are well aware of (though you deny it).

You PMed her one day, flaming her (why I don't know, and she doesn't either). She called me, crying. I asked her what the hell she was doing on a Star Wars message board anyways. But, being the fool for Star Wars that she is, she couldn't resist.

Anyways, when she PMed you back, and said you were rude for saying those things, you banned her. And you just didn't ban her; you IP banned her. So she had to come over to my house, or use other computers in the office, just to log on the these boards. This became a big hassle, so she requested on this forum that her IP be unbanned and her account restored.

Well, lo and behold, you show up trying to cover your ass. You even accused her being an "AOL troll".

Well, like the Bible says, "all things work together...". Justice is served. Her company got a new T1 line installed at work. She now has a new IP, and from her own computer she can regularly use these forums. I'm not gonna bother to tell you who she is, but let's just say that you uses these forums to her heart's content now (why, again, I don't know). She doesn't have to come over to my house (though I enjoy her company, I wish she wouldn't use my computer to frequent a damn Star Wars message board), and she doesn't have to walk across the hall to somebody else's computer to use these forums.

Meanwhile, you sir, have "stepped down". Pf-shst. There is a God.

19. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I concur with the above statement.
    Also I think the Native American race is the most beautiful race.

20. Kabal

Kabal Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 18, 1998
    This Chyren love fest makes my stomach ache and my head hurt. If all you who claim to love him knew his tactics, you wouldn't be so quick to like him (like starting the trolling and then banning people...I can remember a time when he banned someone for saying "penis" when he posted a message on another forum and called someone a "jackass." And when I brought this matter up to him, of course he starts in on the parallel and circular arguments with me...)

Why don't you people actually locate your life and do something in the real world meaningful, like tell someone in your family how much they mean to you, just like this bull-crap butt kissing you're doing here?

Oh well. His "stepping down" was long over-due. IMO, and contradictory to what the bandwagoners and mindless followers here say, he was not a good mod.

21. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I reiterate: I still say he used a sock to troll and then banned me for responding.

Sure, he kept a sort of totalitarian order that can be seen as at least not negative, but eh. He's gone. Let us move on to the next Robspierre.

22. Chyren

Chyren Manager Emeritus star 5

Sep 30, 1998

I have just stepped in to mock the irrationality and black-hole-of-stupidity betrayed in Melvin DP's post.

It amused me greatly, and I'd firstly like to thank Melvin for giving me a laugh today, although I'm sure his humor was unintentional.

"I don't believed you "stepped down" at all. " says Melvin hopefully, in his happy world of makebelieve.

sorry to disillusion you, Melv, but I did. No one in this plane or the next forced me into taking the action. Adequate proof of this is in the fact that the news would have been all over by now, as the mods forums have not been particularly secure in recent months.

I note with pleasure your bitterness, however, and will add that I don't remember you. :)

"Especially for what you did to my girlfriend, which you are well aware of (though you deny it). "

- I rather think you've practiced this line on other people besides me, Melv. :D

As a matter of fact, I don't remember your girlfriend either. I'm inclined to doubt she actually exists, to be honest.

"You PMed her one day, flaming her "

- it is a great pity that the bible doesn't say anything about providing PROOF for wild accusations. Its rather a simple matter to provide proof for this claim. I again assume that the reason you do not supply it is because you don't have any. In other words, it didn't happen.

"Anyways, when she PMed you back, and said you were rude for saying those things, you banned her. And you just didn't ban her; you IP banned her. So she had to come over to my house, or use other computers in the office, just to log on the these boards. "

Melv, you're not supposed to come back under a ban, under any circumstances. Strike one. Not very christian of you or your girlfriend to skirt the rules of the forum, and commit a deception. Fraud, in fact. That is a sin, Melvin, you know. Jesus told his followers to 'render unto caesar' -- meaning to obey the laws of the regime in which they lived. And yet here you are, disobeying the laws of the forums, making false accusations without a shred of proof, and deliberately deceiving the forum moderators by alternate logins. For shame, Melvin. That's not very christian of you.

"Well, like the Bible says, "all things work together...". Justice is served. Her company got a new T1 line installed at work. She now has a new IP, and from her own computer she can regularly use these forums."

- here we see you delighting in her ability to commit deception on the owners of TF.N. I am not particularly surprised, since if what you say is true, then your 'girlfriend' (theres those pesky quote marks again!) is a serial troll who has no respect for the rules of the TF.N forum.

"Pf-shst. There is a God. "

- I rather think that the fact YOU have a girlfriend is abundant proof against the existance of god, Melv.

23. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    **LOL**

DAMN, I miss you, man!

:D :D :D :D

24. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    That was funny, but I still don't miss him.

25. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    That was funny, but I still don't miss him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.