"I have the high ground". What does Darth Maul think of that?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Froghurt, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: heels1785, Seagoat
  1. AnakinSucks Jedi Knight

star 3
    Anakin was delimbed and burning alive!

How could Obi-Wan save him even if he wanted to?

Good job for Ani that those flames went out and he used his super powers to survive! 8-}

To bad he couldn't use those so called powers in battle a bit more often.
  2. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Overall message is that the sith's overconfidence leads to their demise.

Siths are powerful, but they overestimate their power sometimes and it becomes a weakness.Maul was so sure he had Kenobi in deaths grip, but because he was so overconfident and surging with power he didn't notice what was going on with Obi Wan. He didn't notice till it was too late and got owned.

When Dooku fights Anakin and Obi wan in AOTC he's merked both of them, he's pretty confident he can beat anyone.Yoda wobbles in and Dooku's quite sure he's surpassed his old master. However as he starts gloating Yoda unleashes and Dooku is forced to retreat.

Anakin Vs Obi Wan... the obvious, the title of this topic. Anakin is so overwhelmed by his power, that he feels he will have no problem merking Obi Wan after his jump. But his thoughts are distorted with delusions of revenge that he's the one disabled after his move.

And most famously, The Emporers death because of his dependency on Vader to protect him and stay loyal to the darkside. The tragedy of darth plageus anyone?

I apologize in advance for the long pointless rant. Oh!and for the spelling/ grammer too. I've had a few too many.Shogg.
  3. severian28 Force Ghost

star 5
    Its the arrogance that gets both of them merc-ed. They both win their duels against Obi-Wan then lose by being arrogant.
  4. Darth_Cerus Jedi Knight

star 1
    It should also be noted that the move Anakin was attempting, to flip over Obi-Wan and land infront of him, was kind of his trademark move. He'd already done it twice during the duel. Obi-Wan knew it was coming.
  5. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    What does Darth Maul think of that?

"I've been halved..." [face_thinking]
  6. sith_rising Force Ghost

star 4
    Or, how about, "I'm divided on the issue."
  7. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "Darn... Now, I'm half the Sith I thought I'd be."

Hey, FYI on Wookiepedia, they changed Yoda's Bio/History to include a snippet about Darth Sidious holding the 'High Ground' at the end of their Duel in the Senate.

Gotta luv a good retcon.;)
  8. Talon_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    We all know he learnt his lesson in ROTJ. Could you imagine if Vader had jumped up on to the catwalk instead of throwing his saber. Luke cuts him into peaces and Vader falls to the ground saying "Damn, not again" Palpatine looks on awe struck "That boy never learns"
Moderators: heels1785, Seagoat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.