main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

i hear that in the UK they relese the Star Wars books early, so...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BoutyPunkrAurra, Sep 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoutyPunkrAurra

BoutyPunkrAurra Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 21, 2001
    i think its almost a month before it is released officially here, but i am DYING to know. this is the ONLY spoiler i want to know!!!! if ANYONE knows who dies is SbS, please post it here!!!!!

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    i think i know but they wouldent tell me who "Jimmy" is. Anyway i dont think you can post this spoiler so ill email ya right away.

3. BoutyPunkrAurra

Sep 21, 2001
    you so rock.

4. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    thats what they tell me anyway people who is JIMMY!!!!!!!

5. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    The UK has different release dates from the US on occasion, but I don't think they're ever before ours. Never a month before ours.

"Jimmy" dies in S^2. Those who do know who he is are not likely to tell, but if you do some searching, you may be able to find out.

6. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yeah, but don't ask me, at least. My mouth will remain shut.

And I strongly suggest you wait for the book release, which is not that far from now. If you don't know who Jimmy is, you'll enjoy it a lot more... (Ya know, it's something called suspense, and apparently SbS will reach the highest peaks of suspense...)

7. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I dont care if Ben dies!..I just want to know! The only thing that could make me mad is the chiss empier falling apart(ahh ducks)! I think I know but common Xizor!!Please!! Im just a anxiose kid dude i need to know!

8. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    We'd only get it a day or two early, not a whole month :)

9. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Patience, you must learn patience. (And don't try to insist, I won't tell you. I understand why the admins asked us to don't reveal anything, and I agree with them. So again : my mouth will remain shut. - And no, I don't talk to my monitor. -)

10. BoutyPunkrAurra

Sep 21, 2001
    btw, what IS the official release date????

and you know what??? i feel liek an idiot because i spelled my screenname wrong when i was signing up. it is supposed to be BouNtyPunkrAurra. n, i tell you, N!!!

11. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    October 30, I think.

12. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Jimmy can't die. Everyone will think he's dead, which will have the same effect, anyway. He will come back triumphant and save the galaxy.In five or six books from now. Maybe after Traitor??? Ala Luke in Dark Empire?

13. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    yeha ok **SPOILER**

Jimmy Dies in Star By Star

Jimmy is a star wars character

More info forthcoming Oct. 30

Don't hate me

14. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Too late. :p

15. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    You don't want to know who Jimmy is. I was stupid enough to highlight the stupid thing and i really wish i hadn't. Just wait for Star by Star. Then you can get all the details and how they die and everything.

16. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Someone give me a lightsaber right now. I'm cutting down that spoiler post of Darthparth's so it doesn't take up so much room for four sentences and four quater page sections of nothingness. Gonna make it just one.

In actuallity, I recall not to long ago someone from the UK coming on and complaining about it taking so long for the books to be released over there after the release over here.

17. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    On what site did you highlight this?

18. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    He highlighted it on a spoiler post here in the JC. But don't search, that post has been deleted.

19. Nighthawk_Andy

Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    yep, the UK editions of the NJO don't come out for a FULL MONTH after the american release, which for me is going to be the most painful experience in a while, unless i cna get my hands on one of the US editions....

Also this whole Jimmy thing sucks! I wish the admins hadn't confirmed it......I'd rather have not stumbled across that post..:(

*and so began the legend of 'jimmy'*

20. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I figured out the whole Jimmy thing. Folks, the people who told us Jimmy was the code for some character were lying to us. Jimmy is actually the name of a desert topping that the Vong eat. Apperanetly, the Vong orginated from here on earth as descendants of the bio-tech soldiers the military is thinking about. And they like jimmies on their ice cream. particulary the rainbow kind.

21. Jedi-Rascal

Jedi-Rascal Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2001
    yep, the UK editions of the NJO don't come out for a FULL MONTH after the american release,

I used to work in a bookshop, and always got the books a week before even the US release date (Balance Point was 2 weeks!). I don't work there any more, I'm at uni, but my mate still does, and she promises to mail me them as soon as they come in!

22. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    The release dates are always later here in the UK for some reason. I got Rebirth four weeks after it was released in the States because the date had been put back here. I'm hoping SbS is on time and not put back.

23. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    Try living in Finland... I am not saying anything, not saying anything...

Bah. Getting books is HARD, especially if you wait for the translation like some people who aren't gifted with even basic skills in English...

Ara
    (Skipping math... Next time I write it to one of these, send me a virtual kick, please?)

24. Simone

Simone Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    I don't know but I get Star Wars book's a mounth LATE!

:_|

Imagine other's having a book I really want before me and the pain of avoiding this site!!

It makes me want to....

:_|

25. Emiaj

Emiaj Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    The UK release of Rebirth was about 3 weeks after the US. Only on occasions do we receive stuff earlier, and then only a day or two (generally on the principal that all books/cds/videos/dvds are released on Mondays, movies on Fridays).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.