JCC I Heart Illinois Politicians

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Former Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr. admits to campaign finance violations, may get jail time.

Late last month Bill Cellini, Blagojevich associate convicted of fundraising extortion, began doing time in the Indiana jail where former Illinois governor George Ryan also served his sentence.

George Ryan himself is back at home in Kankakee, IL, to finish out his 6 1/2 year sentence under house arrest.

Former IL governor Blagojevich is of course still serving time in Colorado. To be fair, Blago and Ryan were two of only four Illinois governors who did jail time in the last four decades.

There's something special about Chicago and Illinois.
    Last edited by Jabbadabbado, Feb 8, 2013
  2. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Given the ongoing trial of a former Detroit mayor and the lying troll of a governor of Michigan it is no surprise that some official is guilty of something bad. And I think it is a safe bet that every state has this going on to shockingly large degrees.
  3. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Agreed Illinois may not actually have a monopoly on corrupt politicians. I don't know much about JJJr., he isn't my rep. My rep is the awesome Danny K. Davis, who has yet to be convicted of anything, although that whole thing with the Rev. Sun Myung Moon was pretty damn oddball.
    [IMG]

Rock on rep Davis!
  4. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ahhh Chicago, how I miss thee.
  5. Lowbacca_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    4 governors to serve time out of how many?
  6. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    only four of the last nine were ever convicted of a crime.
  7. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    They're everywhere, people.

I'm pretty sure this guy is the reason that the Republicans took over the North Carolina General Assembly for the first time in a century, and I know he's the reason we now have a Republican governor.
  8. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    To be fair, we'll never know for sure if that would have happened if Beverlee Purdue had opted to run for re-election.
  9. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    My representative is Charlie Rangel, who needs no further elaboration when it comes to corruption. And of course, the last two governors before Cuomo, Spitzer and Paterson, also had their issues, and Pataki was no saint either.
  10. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    We won't, but she was too closely associated with Easley and that backlash was there already. Dalton was a solid candidate but McCrory had this election in the bag from its onset.
  11. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    This thread amuses me.