main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I hesitate to ask.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Everton, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Not this kind.

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Yes this kind.

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  4. TheModFavorite

TheModFavorite Jedi Master star 4

Sep 14, 2007
    as the mod favorite, i think that talk like a ninja day would be a great idea. everyone knows about the pirate versus ninja wars. i think i'll make a poll about it.

5. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003

You know what? My husband actually does support Ninja Day. Seriously. He dresses up like a ninja and goes to work, being ninjerly on the tram, at the zoo, etc. He's hardcore keen about the day, so I actually know a lot about it, and fearing his stab-me-in-my-sleep wrath for even pretending to make fun of ninjas, I was actually just making fun of Talk like a Parrot day. So yes, Stalk Like A Ninja day is "real" and "legit", and I'm happy to support it because it's always been a source of amusement for me. And I'm not even taking the piss.

But apart from a banner and some icons, I don't really know how we're going to do it. Or is it just about recognising a day that counterbalances the whole pirate thing?

6. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Well I had a whole plan going (with a moderator's input and support), including an informative post and setting up guidelines and the like. It was to hype the whole thing and get people interested. Mianly it was a condensing of this thread (with the argumentative attitude of course removed). However, a thread was already made in the YJCC, it's not helpful (though I appreciate the user for trying) and actually has ended up making this even more of a mockery.

I can't use the existing thread because no one will take post #27 seriously if posts 1-26 are not, but it's against YJCC rules to post a second thread on the same topic. So now I'm kind of stuck.

7. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Eh, ASO posts the same crap all the time. Do it.

8. TheModFavorite

TheModFavorite Jedi Master star 4

Sep 14, 2007
    my posts weren't meant as mockery, but to try to garner excitement. if i offended, i do apologize.

9. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You can wait one month to start a new thread on the same topic. This is good because it gives you time to enlist support (like encouraging the Pulsator's husband to join up to the JCC) and write out your Ninja mandate. Also, late October will be just over a month out from your day, and so you will be able to build momentum for your all out Ninjitsu takeover of the JC on Dec 5.

Trying to get support this far out is probably a wasted effort anyway, so do not be discouraged by the thread in JCC.

10. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    You just demand a mod update the title to say "(see post #27 for important updates)." That is their job and they would be happy to do it.

11. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Willy, we know you're madly in love with Dani, but you need to either ask her out or give it up already.

Also, I support most frivolous holidays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.