main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I hope Han & Leia are still together who's with me Han & Leia Shipper thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by poundpuppy29, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I think Han and Chewie work better as a married couple. Leia could date Lando.

2. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I am totally with the TS on Han and Leia being together. As I've said before, they are one of the great couples, if not the greatest, in pop culture history (Rhett Butler & Scarlett O'Hara have NOTHING on Han and Leia). Their relationship MUST be addressed in Episode 7.

I have a little different vision of it than TS though. The white picket fence doesn't so much fit in a SW movie (it will be a little or a lot more rocky than that), although I WAY hope the next generation of Skywalker Jedi comes from them and not Luke. It just makes so much more sense, and makes for a MUCH better story.

I think they will bicker and fight, and maybe even break up, but realize they are too in love to ever break up for good, and get back together. Something in the larger plot of the movie will bring them back together.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Han and Leia? Of course.
    [​IMG]

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I really don't think there is going to be as much to their story, other than what we gleam from some lines, a few short scenes or from the new protagonists, but some classic bickering Han and Leia -old married couple edition- is something I'm down for!

Yanksfan and Darth_Pevra like this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think the only way you can explore new avenues in their relationship story is if they are separated. If they're happily married there isn't much more Han/Leia romance you can delve into. Which is fine cuz the movie isn't going to be about them anyway. It's possible they'll be a married couple if only because there won't be enough movie time to devote to their romantic trials and tribulations. There's a whole bunch of new people who will probably have their own romances anyway!

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Force Ghost star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    This thread is.......fine.

[​IMG]

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think a break-up plot would only work if they are both main characters - and this is unlikely. If they are merely side characters, which seems likely, a bit of "married couple bickering" would be easier to do.

8. mcgo

mcgo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 22, 2013
    Personally, I'm on the "still together" bandwagon as that's how fairy tales work and I really feel like this story was wrapped up in the OT (I've always felt they should have been married at the end of Jedi to prevent nonsense like "The Courtship of Princess Leia").

But even more so than that, if Ep VII spends storytelling time on getting a split-up, older Han and Leia back together again, this film will go badly off the rails IMHO.

I don't think this can be about the "Big Three" anymore. My guess is that they play small roles and pass the torch to the next generation. I'm also assuming Han is going to die in this one (don't see Harrison Ford coming back for 3), probably saving Leia one last time or one of their kids. Gives us all one last "I love you/I know" exchange for posterity.

leiamoody likes this.
  9. smallpaul

smallpaul Jedi Master star 3

Aug 15, 2001
    No. A good story teller will allow room for characters to have an arc. Jedi ended with everybody happy. If we start off at that point there is no where to go. Leia and Han should be split and haven't talked for years. Leia chose the force over him and Han is bitter. Then you have somewhere to take your characters. They can reunite, have an adventure and fall in love all over again and put their difference aside.
    If their parts are anything more than an extended cameo you must start the main character off in a place of unhappiness. Screenwriting 101. Every movie starts with the main character losing his or her job and boyfriend/girlfriend. Luke started off unhappy and stuck on a boring planet. Characters MUST have obsticles to overcome.

10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Not every character can get an arc. Otherwise you get some major pacing problems.

It's difficult enough to give every main character in a novel a proper arc. I can't even imagine how much more difficult it must be in a 2,5 hours movie.

11. DarthScubbles

DarthScubbles Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2004
    I had not even considered them not together until I read this thread. Now that I think about it, it would be so much grittier and better if they were not. Space divorce with kids. But IF they do that, they BETTER not have the we fell back in love cliche during the movies!

12. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I'll agree with most of you and say that Han and Leia should still be together—and married.

13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    As far as 'shipping' goes, I'm not one to say "take it some place else," (and I'm all for being creative) but yeah, that little barfing emoticon pretty much sums it up for me, too. :)

That said, I do think Han and Leia will be together and I see nothing wrong with that. In fact, considering what SW is, I see a lot right with that.

One thing I do find curious, though, is that some of the fans I've encountered who say they want the happy ending for Han and Leia (which they define as marriage and kids) are the very same people who decry the thought of Luke having a wife (or widow) and a son, daughter or both. Just because Luke had no romantic prospects the moment we last saw our heroes by no means suggests to me that nothing of consequence (including Luke falling in love and starting a family) could have occurred in the three decades since.

And don't get me started on the whole "Luke has too much to do in setting up the New Jedi Order to focus on family" thing. Yeah, right, like Han and perhaps even more so, Leia, will have been doing nothing but raising their children and standing on the sidelines while the hard and vitally important work of establishing a new galactic government goes on without them. Right.

The better argument might be that Jedi don't allow marriage and children, but well, I guess that means Leia's not a Jedi, either. But this is still besides the point to me, as I cannot imagine Luke not having learned from the failings of the Old Order and adapted the new accordingly.

But I digress. This is about Leia and Han. Yeah, I'm open to other ideas (I recall one idea about a drunken Han who is basically out of the picture until the events of VII roll around), but I generally feel that they should still be together.

14. mcgo

mcgo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 22, 2013

Your protagonist and major sidekicks must have obstacles to overcome. Your supporting characters do not have to have their own obstacles to overcome; they enhance the protagonist's conflict and support the protagonist and their sidekicks as they struggle to overcome the obstacles. From everything we've heard about the ST, which granted is not a whole lot, there are going to be several new young 'uns taking on the protagonist and sidekick roles. Still think the H/L "arc" has been played out. Now they're supporting characters and don't need a brand new arc.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  15. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    I see Han and Leia living as dumb rednecks stranded on Nar Shadah or Ord Mantel. The Falcon would be up on cinder blocks with the Hyper drive in pieces and parts on the front lawn that has not been manicured in seasons. I see their kids as a bunch of deadbeats that have moved back in with their parents. Han and Leia also have grandkids that don't exactly look like their fathers. Han has a beer gut and Leia is pushing 300lbs, she has a faded tattoo of the Falcon on one of her breasts and a sad looking tramp stamp that looks like it has been through an asteroid field. One of her nostrils is pierced and part of her ear was chewed of in a freak accident while working sex trade on Coresant. Han has bigger problems, one being addicted to drugs that he used to smuggle and the other being a bald spot on his head. Every once and a while he mumbles and even C-3P0 can't decifer it. The grandkids are the out of control breaking stuff into smaller pieces.

BigAl6ft6 and JediKnightOB1 like this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Complete logical leap time based on pure speculation. TFN sez Harrsion Ford is down for multiple Star Wars movies because he likes Han's "arc" presented across all three films. If there was a progressive arc to Han Solo, what's the easiest thing to stretch out over 3? Difficulties with his love life / family /responsibility seems to be one so you never know if it's a total given that they'd still be together at the start of Ep. 7. Gotta have that Han Solo arc across the ST and all.

17. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I'm having horrible Jurassic Park 3 flashbacks.

18. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I'd prefer for them to either be together, or be together and working stuff out. Never got married or being divorced and that's the end of it is not for me.

19. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Those obstacles don't always have to be personal ones. It would feel too cliche if Han and Leia weren't together but got back together during the course of the film. That's pretty much romance novel territory. God, no. :\

I want them together, I want them functioning and stable without the extraneous garbage of having a dead Sith kid and the dead Sith kid's illegitimate grandkid as part of their background. These two deserve a better history...a busy history, no doubt, running around the galaxy doing New Republic business, yes, but not the melodramatic crap.

20. Jedi_Lantern

Jedi_Lantern Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2013
    I want them still together. Seems senseless to insult their character development of the OT by not having them together

mcgo likes this.
  21. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Let the poor kids have their happy ending. I hope they're together. And when the events of Episode VII roll around, I"m sure they'll be enough to keep them busy that it won't be necessary to throw a "divorced" dynamic into the mix. Let them work as a team. Bicker as a team. Make up as team. Just let them be Han and Leia. Please.

mcgo, HanSolo29 and Force Smuggler like this.
  22. pete brock

pete brock Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2016
    THEY WERE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.