main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I Hove You [Completed: 4/28]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaya Solo, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Greatness! :) Glad to know someone's watching out for Tahiri!

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Wow, you?re such a smart arse that you could be my long lost padawan!

Does that mean you will take me on as your padawan [face_batting]

3. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Crud... do you need a master? I thought you've been around for a while... I have two already! One of them will graduate eventually... if you're still interested then... ;)

Um... but my padawans (all girls) kinda don't want a "little brother". Just so you know, they'll be extra mean and evil to you. ;) Well, they're just crazy loons so ignore them. :)

4. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    Just so you know, they'll be extra mean and evil to you.

:eek: Us? Mean and evil? O:) We would never be mean and evil....at least not so as you could find proof of it. [face_mischief]

Well, they're just crazy loons so ignore them.

:eek: I resent the implication that we're crazy loons. :eek: We are not some species of bird!

5. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Can't believe I'm about to finish my second story!

RevaDurron
    It's very touching.

Nice, Jaya!

Thanks! :)

KraytDragon
    yeah well you weren't the one that told me so
    I am not mad at you and the person who told me shall be punished

Awesome. ;)

oldjedinurse
    Great fic, start to (almost) finish!

I agree with all the comments above, so I won't go into my own glowing, detailed review.
    Awwww! ;)

I'll just add that I love the way you wrote this - your style is very "spare". But with few words you have given great detail and evoked lots of emotion in your readers.
    Thanks! [face_blush] So it really has a different style than other stuff? I know I write a lot less? but I didn?t realize my story was that different.

Terrific job, Jaya!!!
    Thanks!

KraytDragon
    Emotion? *sigh*And here I was trying
    to eleminate emotion.
    Does that mean I have not succeeded?

I think she doesn?t just mean about the last post. ;)

Vongchild
    Greatness! Glad to know someone's watching out for Tahiri!
    Yep! :)

YodaKenobi
    Does that mean you will take me on as your padawan
    Um? not unless I get rid of one of my current two right now. They?re both stubborn though, and I?m not so sure how quickly they?ll move along. ;)

Jaina
    You know you?re a crazy child! :p All of you are! :p

6. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Tahiri sat quietly as she pondered what she had read.

She knew it was all true.

She could feel that it was true.

She now knew of her parents and grandparents, and how they lived and sacrificed so that she could have life.

Even though her heart ached and she no longer wished to live without him, she knew that she, like her mother and grandmother, would be able to survive.

She slipped the necklace on silently and at once felt connected with her past. She was also filled with an immense hope for the future.

Tahiri heard a soft knock at the door.

Tahiri quickly rose to answer it.

?Hello, Grandmother.?

7. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    HAH! FIRST POST! IN YOUR FACE, EVERYONE!!!

Awesome ending!

THEY MET!!! :D

8. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Terrific! I loved this last ending. :)

9. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Crud... do you need a master? I thought you've been around for a while... I have two already! One of them will graduate eventually... if you're still interested then...

Well, I was mostly joking ;) But I never had a master and I feel like I missed out on childhood or something :(

Um... but my padawans (all girls) kinda don't want a "little brother". Just so you know, they'll be extra mean and evil to you. Well, they're just crazy loons so ignore them.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to upset the balance :p

Um? not unless I get rid of one of my current two right now. They?re both stubborn though, and I?m not so sure how quickly they?ll move along.

Fine :( :p

Beautiful post :D I'm glad Tahiri finally realizes everything and now knows who her granny is :)

10. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    =D= =D= =D=

Well done, Jaya!!

Enjoyed this very much. I'm so glad she met her grandmother.

As to my earlier comments about your "spare" writing, I do see it as a style. And one that really works for you. So many people write very well using a lot of words, description, phrasing. You just get to the heart of it. And you get very good responses from readers.

So I'll say it again: Well done!

oldj

11. NenYim

NenYim Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    =D= Wonderful job! I love the ending, it's great she got to meet her grandmother!:)

12. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Great fic!! Your pov's were really interesting, and a breath of fresh air, Great job!!

13. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    I have very little knowledge of the NJO, but I found this story to be very touching even without knowing the connections. Excellent work, Jaya Solo!

14. KraytDragon90

KraytDragon90 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2005

Crud... do you need a master? I thought you've been around for a while... I have two already! One of them will graduate eventually... if you're still interested then...

Well, I was mostly joking But I never had a master and I feel like I missed out on childhood or something

Um... but my padawans (all girls) kinda don't want a "little brother". Just so you know, they'll be extra mean and evil to you. Well, they're just crazy loons so ignore them.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to upset the balance

Um? not unless I get rid of one of my current two right now. They?re both stubborn though, and I?m not so sure how quickly they?ll move along.

Fine

masters??
    padawans??
    I thought that was some sign of friendship or something wierd like that.
    Not the Star Wars version of master and padawan!
    can someone please explain this to me?
    me=confused

15. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Yes, it was a happy ending. I still would have like to see a wee bit more. An epilouge maybe???

16. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Don't know really what I would write for it...

17. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    VongChild
    HAH! FIRST POST! IN YOUR FACE, EVERYONE!!!
    Haha. You guys are amusing!

Awesome ending!
    Why thank you. :)

THEY MET!!!
    Had to leave it on a happy note.

RevaDurron
    Terrific! I loved this last ending.

YodaKenobi
    Fine
    You just adopted a padawan! I can?t adopt a padawan that has a padawan! That?s like children having babies! :p

Beautiful post
    Thanks!

I'm glad Tahiri finally realizes everything and now knows who her granny is
    Yep! Glad you enjoyed my ending. :)

oldjedinurse
    Well done, Jaya!!
    Thanks!

Enjoyed this very much. I'm so glad she met her grandmother.
    The story was too sad? just had to make it end happily! ;)

As to my earlier comments about your "spare" writing, I do see it as a style. And one that really works for you.
    Thanks! Like one of my padawans has said, this story is very different from my other works. This story focused a lot on emotions? but then again, I think I?ve made Wes focus on his emotions a little too much lately! Poor Wes. ;) Maybe I?ll have to write more like this? ;)

So many people write very well using a lot of words, description, phrasing. You just get to the heart of it. And you get very good responses from readers.
    Thanks! I?m a very empathetic person, so I guess it shows in my writing. I really do feel what I write. When I kill someone off that I?ve liked? I almost cry right along with the other characters.

So I'll say it again: Well done!
    Thanks!

NenYim
    Wonderful job! I love the ending, it's great she got to meet her grandmother!
    Thanks! I?m so honored that you guys liked my story this much!

AvenKiel
    Great fic!! Your pov's were really interesting, and a breath of fresh air, Great job!!
    Wow! :eek: ?Breath of fresh air?? Wow! I?m so honored that you liked my story so much! [face_blush]

Rosh_Penin
    I have very little knowledge of the NJO, but I found this story to be very touching even without knowing the connections. Excellent work, Jaya Solo!
    Wow! That?s an awesome compliment! [face_blush] I?m glad you enjoyed it so much, even without knowing all of the connections. Actually, I think I vaguely reference just a few bits and pieces of different eras. :) A lot of it was the JJK books too. Well, I knew that Tahiri had to come from some where? ;)

KraytDragon
    masters??
    padawans??
    I thought that was some sign of friendship or something wierd like that.
    Not the Star Wars version of master and padawan!
    can someone please explain this to me?
    me=confused

Depends on the master and padawan. Me, I make sure that my padawans are trained well before I let them run free on the fan fiction board.

Jodi
    Yes, it was a happy ending.
    Yay! I?m glad you liked my ending.

I still would have like to see a wee bit more. An epilouge maybe???
    Um? if I ever come up with anything maybe? but I?m afraid the plot bunny would grow fangs and demand another story. Don?t know where I?d go with this. ;)

18. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh nice ending there Jaya, sad that it's over all ready though. :( Excellent work though! Congrats on completeing another story!

19. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Thanks Luney! Yeah, it was hard ending my second story. :( But I'm really glad everyone liked it so much! :D

20. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002

I really loved this story, Jaya. It made me feel warm inside. I too liked the narrative style as it helped me understand the character of Tahiri's grandma - kind and honest and straight forward.

Glad to be of help with the names. I can't remember where I found out what Tahiri's parents' names were, but I know I needed them when I started to write the Oasis series.

You've done a super job with this - it's original and very satisfying to read. :)

21. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I'll post my comments to 'Prankside' and 'Birth of a Playboy' sometime later tonight.

:D

March 28th Post

She held the small package in her hand and pondered what to do next. Inside the package held secrets of her past, of her family, and she knew that whatever was in the package would change her life forever. It would connect her to her family and let her understand more about herself.

She unwrapped the package and saw that it contained a small, wooden box as well as a data card. The small box contained a necklace made of well worn blue glass beads. As she picked up the necklace, she felt the Force swim around her. This necklace had a strong connection to her family, and she assumed that the data card would explain all of the rest.

She picked up the data card, inserted it into her data pad, and steeled herself for the information the data card held.

She was going to learn about her family.

Excellent beginning, Master.

March 30th Post

[i] [blockquote] ?I hove you Macy,? the message read.

I sat, puzzled at the strange message. ?Is this in code too?? I wondered.

I decoded it again, and again, but I still received the same message. ?I hove you Macy.? [/blockquote] [/i]
    [color=green] [b] That is so cute, Master [/b] [/color] :D

[hr]
    April 3rd Posts

[i] [blockquote] I wondered if Dyan would want a boy or a girl. I wanted a boy so that he could grow up to be tall and strong like his father and have dark hair and green eyes like him.

He would probably have argued that I should have a little girl, one that would grow up to be as beautiful and smart as I am. I laughed as I remembered arguing with him about how I wasn?t beautiful especially since my long blonde hair was so curly that it would end up frizzing on missions that had any moisture on the planet at all. He joked that perhaps I should volunteer for all of the missions on Tatooine so that my hair would be perfect. I always laughed at that. [/blockquote] [/i]
    [color=green] [b] Hmmm, I wonder who it could be? [/b] [/color] [face_confused] [face_grin]

[i] [blockquote] I still occasionally wondered how we would have been dealt with by the council. We had been assigned to each other shortly before the Clone Wars began. All of the madness of the Clone Wars had forced us to bond more quickly than other master-apprentice teams. Once the purges started we were forced to go underground and hide. The lines between master and padawan had blurred then, and we fell in love.

We realized that we had to separate then because we feared being discovered and knew that we had a greater chance of being discovered if we were still together. And so we separated, after spending one last night together, which resulted in the tiny being growing inside of me.

In some ways I envied Dyan who was now one with the Force. He didn?t have to figure out how to protect himself and his unborn child, and on top of that, how to survive in this new and scary galaxy. So what does an unwed, soon-to-be-mother, not-quite-Jedi do?

I will let you know when I figure it out. [/blockquote] [/i]
    [color=green] [b] That is so sad, Master. [/b] [/color] [face_sad]

[hr]
    April 6th Posts

[i] [blockquote] My poor daughter had been cursed with my curly, blonde hair, but she did at least get Dyan?s green eyes.

Oh, how I wished he was there. I wished that we could raise our daughter together and that we could teach her the ways of the Jedi. Maybe my daughter and I would start a new order. One that mirrored the Corellian Jedi. [/blockquote] [/i]
    [color=green] [b] Hehe. [/b] [/color] :D

[hr]
    April 9th Posts

[i] [blockquote] The galaxy is still a dangerous place. The Clone Wars have long ended, but a new threat has risen in its place. I am afraid that this threat is worse than the one that we faced during our time. I can only hope that somewhere, someone is being raised that will be able to overthrow this new regime. Perhaps it will be Kari. [/blockquote] [/i]
    [color=

22. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Padawan, you sure were busy while I was gone! I'll do replies to this story soon. :D

23. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Tahi
    I really loved this story, Jaya.
    Thanks! :D

It made me feel warm inside.
    Aw, shucks! [face_blush]

I too liked the narrative style as it helped me understand the character of Tahiri's grandma - kind and honest and straight forward.
    Thanks. I guess I never really thought about the style I wrote it in until everyone commented that it sounded different from all of my other stories. :D Thanks though. It?s nice to get interesting comments like that. :D

Glad to be of help with the names. I can't remember where I found out what Tahiri's parents' names were, but I know I needed them when I started to write the Oasis series.
    Yeah? I had to improvise for Tahiri?s mom as to why I named her something different. Hope it was believable. ;)

You've done a super job with this - it's original and very satisfying to read.
    Why thank you! That?s a really great compliment! :D

Raven
    I'll post my comments to 'Prankside' and 'Birth of a Playboy' sometime later tonight.
    So in three months? ;) I?m impressed at how many replies you got to! :D

March 28th Post
    She held the small package in her hand and pondered what to do next. Inside the package held secrets of her past, of her family, and she knew that whatever was in the package would change her life forever. It would connect her to her family and let her understand more about herself.

She unwrapped the package and saw that it contained a small, wooden box as well as a data card. The small box contained a necklace made of well worn blue glass beads. As she picked up the necklace, she felt the Force swim around her. This necklace had a strong connection to her family, and she assumed that the data card would explain all of the rest.

She picked up the data card, inserted it into her data pad, and steeled herself for the information the data card held.

She was going to learn about her family.

Excellent beginning, Master.

Thanks! :D

March 30th Post
    ?I hove you Macy,? the message read.

I sat, puzzled at the strange message. ?Is this in code too?? I wondered.

I decoded it again, and again, but I still received the same message. ?I hove you Macy.?

That is so cute, Master

Funny story about that line. I?ll tell you later on IM about it. :D

April 3rd Posts
    I wondered if Dyan would want a boy or a girl. I wanted a boy so that he could grow up to be tall and strong like his father and have dark hair and green eyes like him.

He would probably have argued that I should have a little girl, one that would grow up to be as beautiful and smart as I am. I laughed as I remembered arguing with him about how I wasn?t beautiful especially since my long blonde hair was so curly that it would end up frizzing on missions that had any moisture on the planet at all. He joked that perhaps I should volunteer for all of the missions on Tatooine so that my hair would be perfect. I always laughed at that.

Hmmm, I wonder who it could be?

Hm? I wonder? ;)

I still occasionally wondered how we would have been dealt with by the council. We had been assigned to each other shortly before the Clone Wars began. All of the madness of the Clone Wars had forced us to bond more quickly than other master-apprentice teams. Once the purges started we were forced to go underground and hide. The lines between master and padawan had blurred then, and we fell in love.

We realized that we had to separate then because we feared being discovered and knew that we had a greater chance of being discovered if we were still together. And so we separated, after spending one last night together, which resulted in the tiny being growing inside of me.

In some ways I envied Dyan who was now one with the Force. He didn?t have to figure out how to protect himself and his unborn child, and on top of that, how to survive in this new and scary gala

24. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    The sad face was because that it was a sad story, although it was wonderful to read. (Just sad).

25. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Yeah, it was sad, but it was meant to be. After all, she lost her only love in the Purges, her daughter and her daughter's husband, and thought she lost Tahiri. Then she found her granddaughter again but only because Tahiri had lost Anakin. It is a sad story. But happy because they found each other. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.