main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I, Jaina Solo (The Great Chiss War)(Post-NJO: Jaina, Jag, Kyp, Jacen, Tahiri,more) Completed 2/23/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Mandalorian: [longer response later]

Okay ;)

Fierfek! Just when I get a good hate-thing going for the girl, you've gotta go and post this!

Sorry to ruin that for you :(

Lola: I'd wonder about me too.

:p

Anyway,
    Great update. I did read the last chapter but I was so upset I couldn't reply.

It was that bad, huh?

But out of curiosity (isn't that always the reason?) I saw this post today and hopped in.

Ahh, well thanks :D

If she'd only done that in the beginning.

The Chiss still would have tricked the GFFA into an attack...

I do. She read some novels. I still say it's all his fault.

He might bear some of the responsibility :p

Alright. Which is it?
    Hope we get to find out soon.

You may never find out [face_mischief]

Thanks for reading Lola :) I'm sorry the last post upset you.

Kiden: I found this really funny.

I'm glad ;)

Well, it seems that my questions and thoughts were answered, The CEDF was truly behind the attack, and would have carried it out regardless of how Jaina acted. In light of that, I'm slightly disappointed in Jaina for not killing Jag.

Well, the CEDF's decisions aren't Jags. He's the assistant Syndic, not a member of the Ruling familes so you can't really blame him anymore than you could blame his father for fighting for the Empire.

oldj: *Tired oldj lets YK know she's still reading, still loving this fic*

Thank you [:D]

I can't possibly keep up with the requisite long response to this tonight, but I promise more tomorrow.

That's okay, no worries :)

It will have to suffice that I've told you how much I enjoyed the last couple of chapters!

Thank you :D

Oh, Jaina.

[face_mischief]

Maggy: "Jaina... I love you." Jag ~ I, JS

Yeah, what a wuss :p

teehee ... poor 3PO when she says such things about him

He's used to it.

*blinks* weird way Jag chose

Yes 8-}

*lol* I was thinking the same ... either totally brave or rather stupid

Uh-huh.

swear?

Yes?

need more of this

More in a couple days :)

melissa: Oh poor Jaina! She just can't make up her mind.

Yes, she's got problems :p Thanks for reading :)

R11: OMG I have just finished reading this story and it's brilliant.

Why thank you :)

OMG Thst Was Brillant, Thats All I Can Say. Can Not Wait For The Next Post

Thanks again. Should have a new post for Thursday :D

2. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003

On the contrary, one can prerfectly well blame him. He knows the decisions that the CEDF and the Ruling families are making, he can always ignore, revolt, defect, etc. He supports those decisions by not telling the Ruling familes what they can do with themselves.

Remember, the decision to do nothing, is a decision for the status quo (or a decision for those who do decide to do something). In this case, the status quo is the destruction of the Jedi Temple at Ossus.

3. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    [face_love] Ah! I really love that post! Very nice... always love the conversations. It's all about the communication. [face_talk_hand] :p

=D= That just might be my favorite post so far...
    but I'll wait till the end to decide for sure. ;)

4. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Kidan: On the contrary, one can prerfectly well blame him. He knows the decisions that the CEDF and the Ruling families are making, he can always ignore, revolt, defect, etc. He supports those decisions by not telling the Ruling familes what they can do with themselves.
    Remember, the decision to do nothing, is a decision for the status quo (or a decision for those who do decide to do something). In this case, the status quo is the destruction of the Jedi Temple at Ossus.

Yes, but he has been raised amongst the Chiss, it's where all his family's loyalites are? why would he believe what he thinks is Alliance propaganda over what his own people tell him? It's just like when his father served the Empire really. It doesn't make Soontir Fel evil, just on the wrong side.

TSF: Ah! I really love that post! Very nice... always love the conversations. It's all about the communication.

Yes, they need to talk things out :p

That just might be my favorite post so far...
    but I'll wait till the end to decide for sure.

Aww, thanks again :D You may not like the end :p

New post tomorrow, I hope!

5. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    [face_peace]

Think of it as cumulative damage.

As opposed to the "villain of the war"? Odd.[face_thinking]

You're really determined to make both of them lose their minds, aren't you?o_O

It's not as though Eclan's uninformed as to the goings-on (knew that Tahiri went around barefoot for one thing). He's a Mandalorian, and all Mandos have their channels...

Yes, but from the "I am your father" or "betrayed and murdered Anakin Skywalker" P.O.V.?

Did you mean to say something there?

You'd think they'd have learned since then, given all the contact they had with them during the NJO......

Dude, she's got problems.[face_shame_on_you]

Ah, but do we know that they really did? Isn't it all Jaina's take on it (which I mistrust), FACPOV?o_O

She picked probably the most mind-numbingly stupid way to react to that old bat's "visions" as well. Cap'n Bojo would be proud, I reckon.

Truth hurts.[face_plain]

Character shields?

But from her P.O.V. or yours?

BTW, I also posted that longer response I promised on the previous page.

6. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Mandalorian: Fierfek! Just when I get a good hate-thing going for the girl, you've gotta go and post this!

So you're in love with her now, right? [face_mischief]

I always expected as much.

;)

Really, the most accurate analogy would depend entirely upon one's personal experience, but Jaina, being the sister of Jacen, must naturally impose her own POV as the universal standard.

I think it was clear she was giving an opinion...

To Jaina, it seems, everyone is "damned if they do, and damned if they don't".

Exactly!

I should think she'd be remembering such things fondly by this point.

Who's to say there isn't a touch of endearment in that?

The Jaina-induced chronic weepiness and the fact that he's basically her punching bag might be something of a turn-off.

Good point.

Truth and falsehood are interchangeable terms to her? When does the seriousness end and the sarcasm begin?

I think its more layered than that...

According to whom?

Jaina?

And look how he ended up....

A Jedi legend? :p

She just killed an undiclosed number of CEDF personnel. She was expecting to eat what? Green thakitillo?

All in self-defense ;)

The fact that she assumes that her mysterious confidante will assume that it's miraculously Sovel in the brig of a Chiss warship makes me wonder about her.

The fact that you would assume she assumed that make her wonder about you [face_mischief]

I'm not so sure about that. I doubt he has the will to do it at this point, but he's rather larger, taller and heavier than she is, and without any weapons, he could probably kill her sooner than she him.

Jaina doesn't need weapons or physical strength to kill someone. Ask that Vong warrior from SBS [face_whistling]

Weep, have her stunned, or attack Ossus?

Everything but the weeping, that was just for him :p

Exactly. Would've done the same thing myself in a similar situation.

I'm sure it makes sense from the Chiss POV.

Not all that unlikely....

;)

They *ahem* were considering wiping out an entire species some years back.

With a weapon the Chiss developed for the same purpose *ahem* o_O

Okay, Juliet. Let's get the mutual suicide pact over with now.

I've always wanted to make a suicide pact with someone :)

I still can't believe it took this long to get her to tell him.

She hasn't seen him in months 8-}

Almost reminds me of Orson Welles' character in Lady from Shanghai: "I don't want a girlfriend with a husband. If she can fool him, she'll probably fool me too".

Good rule!

I might, but I'm not even going to begin trying to explain it.

Quitter ;)

As opposed to the "villain of the war"? Odd.

Villains are a point of view...

You're really determined to make both of them lose their minds, aren't you?

I'm just writing down Jaina's story, I have nothing to do with what happens [face_mischief]

It's not as though Eclan's uninformed as to the goings-on (knew that Tahiri went around barefoot for one thing). He's a Mandalorian, and all Mandos have their channels... [/i]

ahh.

Yes, but from the "I am your father" or "betrayed and murdered Anakin Skywalker" P.O.V.?

Probably a bigger shift in POV then that :p

Did you mean to say something there?

Probably but I don't remember what it was now [face_thinking]

You'd think they'd have learned since then, given all the contact they had with them during the NJO......

Not all that much really outside of Jag and Kyrn, and Luke & co. brief visit to Csilla.

Ah, but do we know that they really did? Isn't it all Jaina's take on it (which I mistrust), FACPOV?

Everything is from Jaina's POV. We don't know anything that she doesn't know.

She picked probably the most mind-numbingly stupid way to react to that old bat's "visions" as well. Cap'n Bojo would be proud, I re

7. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 26: In Which We Discuss Captain Bojo's Head Injuries

I'm not really certain what happened that night in my cell? whether consumed by profound loneliness or my last lingering feelings for Jag, I spent the night in his arms. I remember crying into the breast of his uniform and lots of little familiar kisses, as well as whispering things I now regret.

I will say this: that it was nice, and warm, and that for a few short moments before I drifted off to sleep in the slim cot we were squeezed into, I forgot about the war, and the pain. I forgot about Tahiri's death and the fact that the man whose neck I was nuzzling was at least partially responsible.

I honestly don't remember much more than that and what I do recall is too foggy to be shared for fear of misleading you.

When I woke, however, the reality of it all came crashing back down on me like the Executor into the second Death Star, my head still throbbing from the affects of the charric stun bolts. Jag must have anticipated this though, or drew the conclusion from my pained whimpers, as when I opened my light-timid eyes he was applying a cool cloth to my forehead with great care.

Or maybe he was just used to women feeling terrible after they'd spent the night with him.

"You're going to be fine," Jag had whispered. "Just experiencing some of the after affects of charric fire."

"I'd already put that together."

He kissed my cheek and then stood from my bed, stretching stiffened limbs. "I should be going. I'll probably be reprimanded for this as it is."

"Wait... You're leaving?"

"Of course? I can't stay in this cell all day, Jaina. I'm in command of this vessel right now. I'm sorry, I'll be back later."

"What about me? You don't think I have better places to be?

"Jaina?"

"Can I at least see Mara? Or Threepio for Force's sake?"

"I'll see what I can do," he replied, turning back toward the blue energy field that sealed us both in.

"You're really going to leave me here? To keep me prisoner?"

"I can't very well let you go."

"For how long?"

"Until the war is over, Jaina."

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"It's the only way I can keep you safe? please, try to understand. As long as you're here you won't be harmed in the invasion. I won't have to worry about some flight of clawcraft taking you down over Force-knows-what planet, and you won?t have to worry either. If you're unable to fight for the other side, we won't have to worry about that vision coming true."

This is where I began to question Jag's sanity again.

"You can't keep me here forever," I cried.

"Of course not, Jaina. Just until we've gotten control of this part of the galaxy and the Alliance has accepted the rule of and joined the Chiss Ascendancy. Then we'll be on the same side."

"You expect me to just stay out of the fight while the Chiss take over completely?"

"Isn't that what's best for everyone?" Jag asked. "I can appreciate that this is upsetting to you, Jaina, but with the Alliance having attacked us, the only way we can guarantee the safety of the Ascendancy is to stop the Alliance and let its worlds join us."

The whole conversation was beginning to remind me of an episode of Captain Bojo's Critter Quest, when Bojo had been hit in the head by a Gormarian rock splitter and refused to admit that he need to visit the infirmary.

"I won't let you do this!"

Jag signaled for the guard to shut down the energy field and let him out. "Jaina, you don't have a choice. I'm doing this to protect you. Do you have to be this stubborn all the time?"

The fact that he would even ask that question showed how little he knew me.

"Please!" I cried as he left the cell. "Don't do this!"

"Goodbye, Jaina."

The blue field was alight again and I was left in my cell to contemplate the idea of sitting out the entire war in a Chiss prison cell. I don't think I've ever been so lonesome. I felt completely useless, like C-3PO must in almost every situation.

8. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    YK responses here

9. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Chapter 26: In Which We Discuss Captain Bojo's Head Injuries

I'm not really certain what happened that night in my cell? whether consumed by profound loneliness or my last lingering feelings for Jag, I spent the night in his arms. I remember crying into the breast of his uniform and lots of little familiar kisses, as well as whispering things I now regret.

the girls should slowly figure out what she wants :p

I honestly don't remember much more than that and what I do recall is too foggy to be shared for fear of misleading you.

I?m sure she doesn?t want to tell [face_mischief]

Or maybe he was just used to women feeling terrible after they'd spent the night with him.

ouch!

"I'll see what I can do," he replied, turning back toward the blue energy field that sealed us both in.

for the Force sake he is the commander after all!

*giggles madly* now? She is really fast </sarcastic>

The blue field was alight again and I was left in my cell to contemplate the idea of sitting out the entire war in a Chiss prison cell. I don't think I've ever been so lonesome. I felt completely useless, like C-3PO must in almost every situation.

superb reference ...
    then again I have read recently a pretty good fic there he was not so useless and shot some droids in a hanger bay to save an ex - smugglers butt :p

even when this all this very tragic with the deaths and invasion and such ... it develops a own comic

well done, once again
    it?s really a joy to read this :)

~ Mags ~

10. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Love your/Jaina's bitter sense of humor in this story. Another fabulous chapter, good job.

11. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    I spent the night in his arms. I remember crying into the breast of his uniform and lots of little familiar kisses, as well as whispering things I now regret.

:eek: [face_shame_on_you] Jaina!!

...what I do recall is too foggy to be shared for fear of misleading you.

[face_frustrated] Stang!!

ROFLOL!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"Wait... You're leaving?"

:D Nice reference. Is dialogue genetic?

"Of course? I can't stay in this cell all day, Jaina. I'm in command of this vessel right now. I'm sorry, I'll be back later."

"For how long?"
    "Until the war is over, Jaina."

:mad: No wonder he's dead.

"It's the only way I can keep you safe?

:rolleyes: Oh, puhleese! How twisted.

;) Good for you, Jaina.

"You can't keep me here forever," I cried.

:-B Of course not, you idiot Chiss! Don't you know Jaina that well?

"Of course not, Jaina. Just until we've gotten control of this part of the galaxy and the Alliance has accepted the rule of and joined the Chiss Ascendancy. Then we'll be on the same side."

o_O Yeah. Right.

"You expect me to just stay out of the fight while the Chiss take over completely?"
    "Isn't that what's best for everyone?" Jag asked.

[face_laugh] Now, THAT'S funny!

I felt completely useless, like C-3PO must in almost every situation.

:D [face_laugh] Poor Threepio! But its funny, 'cause its true!

Wonderful update, YK. Its nice to finally see this very complex relationship play out. I hope she gets to see Mara, so that we can read what Mara has to say about their situation.

Of course, Threepio would also be interesting, I'm sure!

oldj

12. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm a little bit confused. Go figure :rolleyes:

Doesn't sound very Jag-like or even Chiss-like. Maybe it's because I wanted this to be Jaina being psycho. I just can't come to believe it's Jag who's whacked.

I don't know. It just doesn't sound right that they'd want to take over the galaxy. Maybe kick some Alliance behinds but conquer worlds just so they aren't attacked anymore? Doesn't sound like the boring Chiss I've read about.

Or are they really the Vong in disguise? [face_thinking]

13. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    No reason why you should, because he's not. Jania is, and that's why we're getting this skewed version of events.

Re: Jag's loyalty to the Chiss versus his love of Jaina:

I've always been a supporter of duty trumping love m'self.:p

14. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Aww, thanks again You may not like the end

Why did I have a feeling you might say somethinglike that? :oops:

I spent the night in his arms. I remember crying into the breast of his uniform and lots of little familiar kisses, as well as whispering things I now regret. [face_whistling]

...what I do recall is too foggy to be shared for fear of misleading you.

o_O :rolleyes:

Jaina can't figure out what she really wants (or rather, how to stop making herself want what she really wants) ... and Yoda would find a way to deny us the little bit of mush he begins to tanalize us with! [face_shame_on_you] [face_not_talking] :p

15. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Mandalorian: YK responses here

My replies to your replies here :p

Maggy: the girls should slowly figure out what she wants

She wants Jag and peace. And peace of mind...

I?m sure she doesn?t want to tell

I think that's it too ;)

for the Force sake he is the commander after all!

He still has others to answer to, and maybe he's not sure its such a good idea to put two Jedi together...

superb reference ...
    then again I have read recently a pretty good fic there he was not so useless and shot some droids in a hanger bay to save an ex - smugglers butt

[face_laugh] I like that fic too... and that scene :p

even when this all this very tragic with the deaths and invasion and such ... it develops a own comic

Glad you're finding some of it funny.

well done, once again
    it?s really a joy to read this

Thank you :D

BigFatty: Love your/Jaina's bitter sense of humor in this story. Another fabulous chapter, good job.

Glad the humor is coming through. Thanks so much for reading :)

oldj: Jaina!!

We don't know if she regrets saying sweet things or mean things ;)

Stang!!

*giggles*

ROFLOL!!

Poor Jag.

Nice reference. Is dialogue genetic?

Must be.

No wonder he's dead.

What makes you think he's dead? :confused:

Oh, puhleese! How twisted.

It makes sense to me, in a way :p

Good for you, Jaina.

:)

Of course not, you idiot Chiss! Don't you know Jaina that well?

We know she gets out one way or another ;)

Yeah. Right.

It could happen!

Now, THAT'S funny!

And people think Jag doesn't have a sense of humor ;)

Poor Threepio! But its funny, 'cause its true!

He's everyone's punching bag, like Jacen :p

Wonderful update, YK. Its nice to finally see this very complex relationship play out. I hope she gets to see Mara, so that we can read what Mara has to say about their situation.

I doubt she's too happy. Thanks for reading, I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

Of course, Threepio would also be interesting, I'm sure!

I guarantee he's not happy! :p

Lola: I'm a little bit confused. Go figure

Hmm, I'm sorry about that. If you have questions you can always ask them here or PM me :)

Doesn't sound very Jag-like or even Chiss-like. Maybe it's because I wanted this to be Jaina being psycho. I just can't come to believe it's Jag who's whacked.

Jag is very loyal to the Ascendancy, or at least that's been my read of him.

I don't know. It just doesn't sound right that they'd want to take over the galaxy. Maybe kick some Alliance behinds but conquer worlds just so they aren't attacked anymore? Doesn't sound like the boring Chiss I've read about.

We don't know much about the Chiss at all? what we do know is they totally annihilate their enemies. They hunted down the Vagaari until there was nothing left (after tricking them into attacking) and they developed Alpha Red to destroy all the Yuuzhan Vong.

Thanks for reading :)

Mandalorian: No reason why you should, because he's not. Jania is, and that's why we're getting this skewed version of events.

Yes, I don't believe Jag is "whacked" either.

Re: Jag's loyalty to the Chiss versus his love of Jaina:

Exactly.

I've always been a supporter of duty trumping love m'self.

Not me :p

TSF: Why did I have a feeling you might say somethinglike that?

Because I always say things like that to taunt you [face_mischief]

Jaina can't figure out what she really wants (or rather, how to stop making herself want what she really wants) ...

Yeah, I think she knows what she wants, she just knows she can't have both...

and Yoda would find a way to deny us the little bit of mush he begins to tanalize us with!

Hey, there was mush in there? depen

16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    AH! :eek: I missed a post! How does something like that happen? ;)

I'm not really certain what happened that night in my cell? whether consumed by profound loneliness or my last lingering feelings for Jag, I spent the night in his arms. Jaina, honey, what are you thinking?

Or maybe he was just used to women feeling terrible after they'd spent the night with him. [face_laugh]

"Of course not, Jaina. Just until we've gotten control of this part of the galaxy and the Alliance has accepted the rule of and joined the Chiss Ascendancy. Then we'll be on the same side." Bizarrely, the first thing that popped into my mind when I read that line was "Uh-oh, boyo. Yousa in trouble now!" This frightens me.

The whole conversation was beginning to remind me of an episode of Captain Bojo's Critter Quest, when Bojo had been hit in the head by a Gormarian rock splitter and refused to admit that he need to visit the infirmary. [face_laugh] again

The fact that he would even ask that question showed how little he knew me. [face_shame_on_you] Oh, Jag, Jag, Jag. What are we going to do with you?

I felt completely useless, like C-3PO must in almost every situation. The juxtaposition of humor and tragedy in this story is one of my favorite aspects of it. It shouldn't work, but it does.

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but this fic provides yet more fodder for my belief that Jag and Jaina just won't work. Maybe that's not what you're going for, but... [face_devil] [face_whistling]

Is it too soon to ask for more?

17. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Think Typhoid Mary/Deadpool, only with the roles reversed.

You just want to believe she was...

I knew it.[face_not_talking]

Endearment by way of a healthy dose of permanent PMS, no doubt.:p

See??

I know...

According to whom?

Jaina?

A dead Jedi legend.[face_plain]

Overruled.

Ahh. She realized then that I intend to kill her? Good...

A convenient Deus ex Machina of the diminuitive female butt-kicker.

All the same, that technique seems to require an unholy amount of rage to employ, and her emotions are far to conflicted to be so focused.

Besides which, it's rather hard to concentrate when your neck's in the process of being snapped...[face_whistling]

At this point, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'm rather unimpressed.

She takes after her gandfather so well, in all respects...[face_mischief]

It makes sense from the POV of any OpFor.

o_O

Come, come, do let's not quibble about this. My point still stands.

I'd have never guessed.[face_whistling]

She could quite easily have told him before not seeing him for months, silly girl.[face_shame_on_you]

18. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    JJD: AH! I missed a post! How does something like that happen?

It happens to the best of us :p

Jaina, honey, what are you thinking?

She's lonely and loves Jag?

Bizarrely, the first thing that popped into my mind when I read that line was "Uh-oh, boyo. Yousa in trouble now!" This frightens me.

I must be the only one who thinks it's perfectly reasonable from Jag's POV :p

Oh, Jag, Jag, Jag. What are we going to do with you?

Kill him?

The juxtaposition of humor and tragedy in this story is one of my favorite aspects of it. It shouldn't work, but it does.

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying that. It's a pretty sad story so I wanted it filled with a lot of black humor. Not necessarily laugh-out-loud funny, but enough to keep from depressing everyone :p

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but this fic provides yet more fodder for my belief that Jag and Jaina just won't work. Maybe that's not what you're going for, but...

Not really what I'm going for, no. I was thinking more about how circumstances could drive them apart.

No, I have just been extremely lazy this week and only have a half-done post for this :( sorry guys, hoping to have a post tomorrow.

Thanks for reading :)

Mandalorian: Think Typhoid Mary/Deadpool, only with the roles reversed.

Comic books? I remember Deadpool but I don't recall a character named "Typhoid Mar" [face_thinking]

You just want to believe she was...

What I say goes :p

Endearment by way of a healthy dose of permanent PMS, no doubt.

[face_shame_on_you]

A dead Jedi legend.

All Jedi die.

Ahh. She realized then that I intend to kill her? Good...

A convenient Deus ex Machina of the diminuitive female butt-kicker.

;)

All the same, that technique seems to require an unholy amount of rage to employ, and her emotions are far to conflicted to be so focused.

A good point...

Besides which, it's rather hard to concentrate when your neck's in the process of being snapped...

Jag trying that though might drive her over the edge.

At this point, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'm rather unimpressed.
    She takes after her gandfather so well, in all respects...

Heh.

Come, come, do let's not quibble about this. My point still stands.

Yes, but you're ignoring the fact that the Chiss are notorious for it.

She could quite easily have told him before not seeing him for months, silly girl.

Ideally :p

Still, I can't really imagine them jumping to the conclusion that Jedi endurance is equivelen to that of the average Bantha.
    But on the other hand....

Yeah...

And what little she does know is not especially conducive to keeping us in the know...

Right ;)

You'd want your girlfriend to dump you, without, warning, hesitation or explanation?

No, it's cruel, but not stupid.

Right. I think I've almost compiled enought intel to conclusively prove that she derives a marked masochistic thrill from it.

Could be!

Sorry I missed the update this week. Hoping to have a new post up tomorrow :)

19. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    I think I meant "Daredevil/Typhoid Mary".

Are you quite sure of what you're saying?8-}

*does a Mando hakka*

You can't suppress the truth.

And some much sooner than they ought to, or in the Solo twins' case, not soon enough.[face_skull]

Jaina will die at the conclusion of the story, or at least that's the vibe I'm getting.[face_thinking]

Missed your intended response again.

Either you're in agreement with me, or Joss Whedon has taken possession of your soul.[face_plain]

[face_peace]

True of course, but rather doubtful given that the only logical circumstances under which Jag might at present pull a neck-break on her would be because she'd driven herself off the edge already, and was attempting to kill him at close-quarters. Otherwise, I rather think Colonel Fel woulf resort to Charric, firing squad, incineration, or any other myriad more impersonal and substantially less icky (at least for him) methods.

Given prior justification, quite possibly. What exactly do they fight out there, anyway?

Ideals get short shrift in this fic' it seems.[face_plain]

Nah...

That being the point, of course.

I suppose there's a sort of demented logic to it, but you're quite right. It's not stupid, it's insane, the action of a completely unbalanced mind.

You've practically splattered the pages with such a sub-text. What other conclusion could I draw?[face_plain]

20. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 27: In Which Jaina is Rescued by one of Bojo?s Critters

This is why I love Kyp Durron.

Sure, he destroyed Carida and millions of sentient beings there. And yes, he seems to have a sliding sense of morality at times. And maybe I even find him a little creepy more often than not.

But when I was stuck aboard the Ice Fang inside a detention cell, it was Kyp Durron who came to my rescue after he learned of the slaughter at the Jedi Academy and the Chiss' marooning me into their trap.

Kyp didn't have a fleet with him, as the Alliance wouldn't provide one for such a mission, certainly not headed by the man who duped Rogue Squadron into attacking a Yuuzhan Vong ship womb under the guise that it was a super weapon. He didn't even have his own squadron at his disposal.

What Kyp Durron had, was an X-Wing.

His plan wasn't very good. In fact, I'm not even sure we should be calling it a "plan".

What Kyp did was track me down using my Force presence and the small bond we'd formed in our friendship over the years to track down the Chiss Star Destroyer when it was hiding in dead space along the Outer Rim. He emerged from hyperspace after a week of searching, one X-Wing against a Star Destroyer.

He promptly hailed the Chiss vessel and said this: "This is Jedi Master Kyp Durron. I've come for your prisoners, Jaina Solo and Mara Jade. Release them now or you will be destroyed."

I recall one episode of Captain Bojo's Critter Quest which featured an animal known as the "kalyco" who would challenge any beast it came across despite the fact that a kalyco was about the size of a whisperkit. The segment on Captain Bojo actually showed it trying to fight a rancor.

It wasn't pretty.

When the Chiss responded to Kyp with what was sure a condescending refusal in accented Basic, the Jedi Master executed the second phase of his plan: he attacked the Star Destroyer.

No, I'm not joking.

He made an attack run on it with nothing but his X-Wing, spewing his quad lasers and proton torpedoes at the metal beast in a futile gesture of defiance.

I don't know this for a certain but I suspect the fact that he was in an X-Wing and his enemy in a Star Destroyer really meant nothing to Kyp. I'm not saying he thought he could actually beat the thing, I'm just saying it didn't matter. He attacked it as if it were a coralskipper because it was the only thing he could do.

He came to save me. There was nothing that was going to stop him.

Fortunately for Kyp, Jag must have instructed the crew of the Ice Fang not to kill him, and instead caught his fighter in a tractor beam before dragging him into the docking bay. I don't know if Jag did that for me or because of a mutual respect between the two men that was formed at Borleias, but whichever, I am very grateful.

They tractored Kyp inside and told him at charric-point to come out of his cockpit peacefully. When Kyp popped the canopy and emerged in a vac suit, the Chiss were probably thinking he'd lost his mind. I won't sit here and tell you that Kyp isn't a little unbalanced, but in this case the vac suit was a very good idea.

Kyp stood on the nose of his X-Wing and the Chiss decided not to gamble on him actually complying with their demands and fired some low powered charric blasts to stun him into submission.

It was already too late.

Kyp vaulted up to the hanger's maintenance catwalks like a Sabín sky monkey as the CEDF assault team tried to hit him in mid-air with a mist of charric fire. When Kyp hit the catwalk he took off at a dead run for the upper hanger exit and that's when it happened.

I had already felt Kyp's presence when he arrived in the system calling out to me. I'd felt him searching for weeks. When I heard the explosion all the way in my cell, I had little doubt that there was a correlation between his arrival and the blast. Kyp had packed his X-Wing with heavy explosives and activated them when he stepped out of the fighter. The explosion blew a hole in the hanger bulkhead, sending anyone who surv

21. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    [mine]

Yobi:

She wants Jag and peace. And peace of mind...

what she will never get I fear :(

I think that's it too ;)

:p

He still has others to answer to, and maybe he's not sure its such a good idea to put two Jedi together...

[face_thinking] Yeah probably true

[face_laugh] I like that fic too... and that scene :p

oh you do :D :p

Glad you're finding some of it funny.

yeah I do indeed ... thanks the force I don?t forget my crash webbing :p

Chapter 27: In Which Jaina is Rescued by one of Bojo?s Critters

This is why I love Kyp Durron.

*rofl*
    *is happy that she put her crash webbing on*

Sure, he destroyed Carida and millions of sentient beings there. And yes, he seems to have a sliding sense of morality at times. And maybe I even find him a little creepy more often than not.

Hah! Think she proved in the previous chapter that she is also a little creepy at times :p
    and her morality isn?t the best either [face_mischief]

But when I was stuck aboard the Ice Fang inside a detention cell, it was Kyp Durron who came to my rescue after he learned of the slaughter at the Jedi Academy and the Chiss' marooning me into their trap.

:eek:
    he is taking the Imps alone?
    [face_mischief] o_O

Kyp didn't have a fleet with him, as the Alliance wouldn't provide one for such a mission, certainly not headed by the man who duped Rogue Squadron into attacking a Yuuzhan Vong ship womb under the guise that it was a super weapon. He didn't even have his own squadron at his disposal.

*rofl* I knew it ... he is all alone [face_laugh]

His plan wasn't very good. In fact, I'm not even sure we should be calling it a "plan".

that sounds so after him :D

What Kyp did was track me down using my Force presence and the small bond we'd formed in our friendship over the years to track down the Chiss Star Destroyer when it was hiding in dead space along the Outer Rim. He emerged from hyperspace after a week of searching, one X-Wing against a Star Destroyer.

I wouldn?t call it small bond :p
    it was one X-wing who blow up the DS ;)

He promptly hailed the Chiss vessel and said this: "This is Jedi Master Kyp Durron. I've come for your prisoners, Jaina Solo and Mara Jade. Release them now or you will be destroyed."

he sounds like Superman :p [face_laugh]

No, I'm not joking.

never would have doubt that :D

[face_love] so sweet

Fortunately for Kyp, Jag must have instructed the crew of the Ice Fang not to kill him, and instead caught his fighter in a tractor beam before dragging him into the docking bay.

stupid idea

I don't know if Jag did that for me or because of a mutual respect between the two men that was formed at Borleias, but whichever, I am very grateful.

ha I can imagine :D

They tractored Kyp inside and told him at charric-point to come out of his cockpit peacefully. When Kyp popped the canopy and emerged in a vac suit, the Chiss were probably thinking he'd lost his mind. I won't sit here and tell you that Kyp isn't a little unbalanced, but in this case the vac suit was a very good idea.
    Kyp stood on the nose of his X-Wing and the Chiss decided not to gamble on him actually complying with their demands and fired some low powered charric blasts to stun him into submission.

what did he do? Tell, tell, tell :D [face_batting]

Kyp vaulted up to the hanger's maintenance catwalks like a Sabín sky monkey as the CEDF assault team tried to hit him in mid-air with a mist of charric fire. When Kyp hit the catwalk he took off at a dead run for the upper hanger exit and that's when it happened.

he is such an acrobatic [face_love]

I had already felt Kyp's presence when he arrived in the system calling out to me. I'd felt him searching for weeks. When I heard the explosion all the

22. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Not really what I'm going for, no. I was thinking more about how circumstances could drive them apart. I figured it wasn?t. Actually, I don?t think she and Kyp would work either, the more I think about it, and definitely not her and Zekk. I don?t know. Maybe I?m taking the whole ?Sword of the Jedi? speech a little too seriously, but I can?t see her forming an actual functioning, functional relationship with anyone at this point. She?s too messed up. So is everyone else for that matter.
    Or maybe this is just what Dark Nest is doing to me. :mad:

What Kyp Durron had, was an X-Wing. [face_laugh]

[face_laugh] [face_love] Oh, wow. That is so Kyp. You managed to sum him up in four lines without one bit of introspection. Amazing.

Captain Bojo is my second favorite running joke in this fic (guess what the first one is? :p).

When the Chiss responded to Kyp with what was sure a condescending refusal in accented Basic, the Jedi Master executed the second phase of his plan: he attacked the Star Destroyer.

No, I'm not joking.

He made an attack run on it with nothing but his X-Wing, spewing his quad lasers and proton torpedoes at the metal beast in a futile gesture of defiance.

I don't know this for a certain but I suspect the fact that he was in an X-Wing and his enemy in a Star Destroyer really meant nothing to Kyp. I'm not saying he thought he could actually beat the thing, I'm just saying it didn't matter. He attacked it as if it were a coralskipper because it was the only thing he could do.

I was pretty much hugging myself in delight all through that bit there. :D

When Kyp deactivated the energy shield and saw my surprise and elation he said, completely deadpan, "I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you." [face_laugh] I love it!

My hand wrapped around its familiar contours and I looked up to Kyp to see him grinning beneath his messy sweat-soaked brown hair. "Now let's blow this thing and go home."

Say what you will about Kyp Durron? he is a good friend to have on your side.
    True that!

It?s almost frightening the way you manage to have every single characterization right-on?most people who can write Jacen well couldn?t write Kyp to save their lives, and vice versa. But then, you?re just wonderful. :p :)

Great post!

23. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    YK:

...yes, he seems to have a sliding sense of morality at times. And maybe I even find him a little creepy more often than not.
    Morality on a sliding scale? Great description of ... well ... lots of characters. And Jaina finds him creepy? She's smarter than I thought (at least in this fic).

And that's more than enough...

"This is Jedi Master Kyp Durron. I've come for your prisoners, Jaina Solo and Mara Jade. Release them now or you will be destroyed."
    Oh, Kyp. Its just crazy enough to work...

Needless to say, our meetings weren't quite as loving as the first night.
    Jag's lost it, and Jaina's reading crackpot philosophy...no wonder they're not so interested in each other anymore, nevermind all the murders and such.

"I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you."
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"Now let's blow this thing and go home."
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Say what you will about Kyp Durron? he is a good friend to have on your side.
    Even if he creeps you out, right Jaina?

Very good and interesting post, YK. Surprised the heck out of me that Kyp rescued her the way he did. I wonder what's next for them...?

Excellent, as usual!

~ oldj ~

24. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    I'm still waiting for the moment when Jaina finally kills Jag...

But back to the post where Kyp is the main attraction [face_rolling_eyes[

He's crazy, lucky and whatever... Luke and Han should sue him for copyrights :p

Oh yeah and I'm still waiting for the moment when Jaina learns the truth about this war. I bet it will be a shocker [face_devil]

25. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    For some reason, I wouldn't count on it.[face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.