main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I, Jaina Solo (The Great Chiss War)(Post-NJO: Jaina, Jag, Kyp, Jacen, Tahiri,more) Completed 2/23/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    "This is Jedi Master Kyp Durron. I've come for your prisoners, Jaina Solo and Mara Jade. Release them now or you will be destroyed."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Actually, since this is Jaina's POV I'm going to believe she's exaggerating here just a little.

I don't know if Jag did that for me or because of a mutual respect between the two men that was formed at Borleias

I would say the latter.

You know Jaina, sometimes it's not all about you. :p

"I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you."

That line cracks me up. Only because I've seen store wars. If you hadn't you should at storewars.org. It's very cuke, I mean cute.

Say what you will about Kyp Durron? he is a good friend to have on your side.

The first thing she said that I agreed with all fic.

But I'm sure she'll change her mind next chapter, probably after quoting yet another Nieus P. Sovel novel. :p

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Mandalorian: I think I meant "Daredevil/Typhoid Mary".

Ahh.

Are you quite sure of what you're saying?

Of course.

*does a Mando hakka*
    You can't suppress the truth.

*Does a Mando shrugo*

And some much sooner than they ought to, or in the Solo twins' case, not soon enough.

I happen to like the Solo twins :p

Jaina will die at the conclusion of the story, or at least that's the vibe I'm getting.

There's a surprise ending... or at least what I consider a surprise.

Missed your intended response again.

Gah! :oops:

Either you're in agreement with me, or Joss Whedon has taken possession of your soul.

I'm not making the connection, but that's probably my fault 8-}

True of course, but rather doubtful given that the only logical circumstances under which Jag might at present pull a neck-break on her would be because she'd driven herself off the edge already, and was attempting to kill him at close-quarters. Otherwise, I rather think Colonel Fel woulf resort to Charric, firing squad, incineration, or any other myriad more impersonal and substantially less icky (at least for him) methods.

Yeah?

Given prior justification, quite possibly. What exactly do they fight out there, anyway?

We aren't told [face_shhh]

I'm writing a fic about it though :p

Ideals get short shrift in this fic' it seems.

No one has accused Jaina of being an idealist...

That being the point, of course.

Exactly.

I suppose there's a sort of demented logic to it, but you're quite right. It's not stupid, it's insane, the action of a completely unbalanced mind.

It would only seem insane from Jag's POV. From Jaina's, she's trying to make a clean break in order to save Jag. She's convinced if she stays with him she's going to kill him when she falls to the dark side. Remember, she assumed she would be the one to fall based on Vaones Malu's vision.

You've practically splattered the pages with such a sub-text. What other conclusion could I draw?

That a lot of it is sarcasm? That Jaina doesn't actually enjoy misery, nor is she as cruel as she wants the readers to think she is ;)

Maggy: what she will never get I fear

[face_whistling]

Hah! Think she proved in the previous chapter that she is also a little creepy at times
    and her morality isn?t the best either

Possibly...

he is taking the Imps alone?

Yep ;)

I wouldn?t call it small bond

I wouldn't call it a large one...

it was one X-wing who blow up the DS

With a lot of help.

he sounds like Superman

More like Luke talking to Jabba 8-}

he is such an acrobatic

He's a Jedi.

that turns better and better
    I fear you will kill him in the next part

Kyp? Could be.

hah!
    I wonder why he didn?t fear to be Force chocked?

She loves him?

THAT cracked me totally up *rofl*
    He had a cute Chiss uniform wearing? Charric in hand and a mischief smile on his lips?
    Yes?
    *is all crazy fangirl*

No, just Jedi robes, I think.

oh my goodness
    that was so worth the wait
    Superb
    I dare to say best chapter yet
    I soooo it

Thanks, glad you liked it :)

JJD: I figured it wasn?t. Actually, I don?t think she and Kyp would work either, the more I think about it, and definitely not her and Zekk. I don?t know. Maybe I?m taking the whole ?Sword of the Jedi? speech a little too seriously, but I can?t see her forming an actual functioning, functional relationship with anyone at this point. She?s too messed up. So is everyone else for that matter.

I completely agree with you! Jaina isn't ready to be in a relationship with anyone. I actually wrote a trilogy where she ended up alone :p

Or maybe this is just what Dark Nest is doing to me.

Yeah, Jaina's part in DN so far is pretty disappointing and out of charact

3. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Yobi:

" [face_whistling] "

:p

Possibly...

Hah!

I wouldn't call it a large one...

you wouldn't? [face_thinking]

With a lot of help.

did they ever get mentioned? :p

More like Luke talking to Jabba 8-}

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

He's a Jedi.

you know how to destroy my illusions :p

Kyp? Could be.

:eek: [face_shame_on_you] :( :_|

She loves him?

then again she hates him :p

No, just Jedi robes, I think.

duh ... nah I like my mental pic more [face_mischief]

Thanks, glad you liked it :)

yub I did :D [:D]

More?

~ Mags ~

4. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003

Maggy: you wouldn't?

Nope.

did they ever get mentioned?

They should :p

you know how to destroy my illusions

It's my job.

then again she hates him

I don't know about that.

duh ... nah I like my mental pic more

Feel free then :p

Okay, very sorry for the post delay. Been too preoccupied with Thanksgiving and the new fic, but here's a nice, relatively long post. Hope you guys enjoy it and hope all the American's had a Happy Thanksgiving yesterday :)

5. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 28: In Which Kyp Seems Very Impatient

So there I was, standing with my recently recovered lightsaber in my hand and staring at the galaxy's biggest screw-up, who was grinning almost smugly.

"How did you get in here?" I asked.

"No time to explain," Kyp replied, as he led the way towards Mara's cell. There was, of course, time enough to explain how he got on the Ice Fang, but I think Kyp was getting some sort of satisfaction out of my not knowing. As if I would be in awe of him or something.

I decided not to play into his delusions. I elbowed my way in front of him and marched toward my aunt's cell, quickly deactivating the blue energy seal that kept the red-haired woman inside.

When she saw Kyp behind me, Mara rolled her eyes. "Rescued by Durron? Will the injustices never stop?"

They wouldn't.

"How nice," Kyp replied, before producing Mara's saber from inside his cloak. "And after I went to the trouble of recovering this for you."

"I take back almost everything I've ever said about you," Mara announced as she gracefully rolled off of her sleeping pallet and took the weapon from him.

"I make no such exchange," I added.

"We really don't have time for this," Kyp insisted.

Before I could berate him for his posturing, his point was underscored by blaring threat alarms inside the Star Destroyer, bellowing in the detention area and ringing in my ears.

"Come on," he said, waving for us to follow him as if we were the last idiots in the galaxy and started off for the exit.

"Force," Mara said. "He's here alone, isn't he?"

"I'm starting to think so."

"How in the nine Corellian Hells did he manage that?"

"I haven't a clue."

"There's no way for us to get out of here if he didn't bring reinforcements."

"I don't sense anyone."

"Either do I."

Mara looked pretty good for having spent two weeks in a cell. Jag had seen to it that she was treated well just as I was. I myself had lost ten pounds eating the alien slop.

You can read about it and my other diet tips for shedding that unwanted weight in Chiss confinement in the next edition of "Galactic Celebrity".

Kyp led us through the cramped circulation vents he had used to get to our cells while avoiding our captors.

"Are you leading us towards your ship?" Mara whispered as we crawled on our bellies through the metal conduits.

"My ship was destroyed? it was just my X-Wing anyway," Kyp explained.

"What?" Mara and I asked simultaneously in disbelief.

"How were you planning on getting us out of here, Kyp?" I asked.

"Relax, I have a plan."

"Kyp, you came here by yourself? in an X-Wing when you had two people to rescue. Under the circumstances, I wouldn't say planning is not your strong suit. Why don't you tell us what you have in mind so Mara and I can tell you why it's wrong."

"No time to explain? you'll just have to trust me."

That was getting annoying. I began to wonder if Chiss imprisonment wouldn't have been more tolerable and less irritating than being rescued by Kyp Durron.

To Kyp's credit, however, he had actually been able to come up with a decent plan for escape while snaking through the Star Destroyer's vents. He'd figured out that the Jade Shadow had been moved to a smaller hanger for ships that were impounded and hadn't been lost in the explosion he had caused.

We came out of a vent near the observation deck overlooking the hanger, and made our way down there, alarms still screeching only to find a half dozen Chiss guarding the luxury yacht. We quickly dispatched the sentries, only to be greeted with a very familiar voice.

"Why, Mistress Jaina, it's you," C-3PO exclaimed, waddling out into the middle of the hanger to greet us. "I just knew you'd come and rescue me."

The Chiss had been holding our protocol droid along with the Shadow? I was very glad to see that they hadn?t destroyed him. It was also surprising to me, considering the Chiss don't like or use droids.

"Of course, Threepio," I said with a win

6. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    [review here]

EDIT:

Chapter 28: In Which Kyp Seems Very Impatient

hah!

"No time to explain," Kyp replied, as he led the way towards Mara's cell. There was, of course, time enough to explain how he got on the Ice Fang, but I think Kyp was getting some sort of satisfaction out of my not knowing. As if I would be in awe of him or something.

*grins* he will tell her at some point ... if he survives that long

"I take back almost everything I've ever said about you," Mara announced as she gracefully rolled off of her sleeping pallet and took the weapon from him.

hehe

You can read about it and my other diet tips for shedding that unwanted weight in Chiss confinement in the next edition of "Galactic Celebrity".

*rofl*

Somewhere in the galaxy Han Solo was crying.

Hah! That?s just mean, he loves him dearly :p

"No," I said. "We have to let Jag make his own choice."
    Essence Point.?

darn Essence Points :p

But it was destiny.
    And I've learned the hard way that you can't escape your destiny.

that?s true :(

a great new chapter :D
    Kyp all mystery ... *silly grin*

liked it

~ Mags ~

7. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    I decided not to play into his delusions.

[face_talk_hand] I highly doubt he's that bad.

I Force shoved him hard into the metal wall, letting him crumple limply to the deck. I then knelt down to check and make sure he was all right? he was, just unconscious.

[face_shame_on_you] After all, he did kind of save your life, well sort of if your story is true.

I don't know Jaina. I would have taken him with you. I'm just saying.

8. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    I'm a post behind so let me just say that I loved Kyp's rescue! :cool: ANd I have to admit he can get on my nerves a little...perhaps the same way he does Jaina's. :p

By the way... sliding scale of morality! [face_laugh] SL!!!!

OK on to the latest post... I loved it! =D=

When she saw Kyp behind me, Mara rolled her eyes. "Rescued by Durron? Will the injustices never stop?"

They wouldn't.

"How nice," Kyp replied, before producing Mara's saber from inside his cloak. "And after I went to the trouble of recovering this for you."

"I make no such exchange," I added.
    [face_laugh]

I could go on pasting, but even that little bit shows a lot. First it shows how similarly Mara & Jaina's sharp sense of humor, sarcastic, & dry wit are. Also what a team they have been. Great interplay betweeen all three of them!

Kyp is quite the planner. :p

Poor Jag... he can not catch a break. Though he does seem to be veering into the relm of stalking & desperate now. I do hate to say that. I love Jag! :_|

Mara gets cool points for her flying for a change! =D=

9. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Maggy: *grins* he will tell her at some point ... if he survives that long

Obviously she knows about if by the time this story is being told :p

*rofl*

Glad you liked that.

Hah! That?s just mean, he loves him dearly

Han will sue you for saying that 8-}

a great new chapter
    Kyp all mystery ... *silly grin*

Thank you :)

Lola: I highly doubt he's that bad.

So do I :p

After all, he did kind of save your life, well sort of if your story is true.

Are you saying there are parts of this story that aren't "true"? [face_mischief]

I don't know Jaina. I would have taken him with you. I'm just saying.

It might have made things worse [face_devil] And didn't you say that Jag was twisted for capturing Jaina? [face_mischief]

Thanks for reading :D

TSF: I'm a post behind so let me just say that I loved Kyp's rescue! ANd I have to admit he can get on my nerves a little...perhaps the same way he does Jaina's.

Yes, Kyp isn't the most charming person :p

By the way... sliding scale of morality! SL!!!!

OK on to the latest post... I loved it!

I could go on pasting, but even that little bit shows a lot. First it shows how similarly Mara & Jaina's sharp sense of humor, sarcastic, & dry wit are.

I thought that it sounded like Jaina when I wrote it too :p

Also what a team they have been. Great interplay betweeen all three of them!

Thanks! :D

Kyp is quite the planner.

Yes, not exactly a "look before you leap" sort of guy :p

Poor Jag... he can not catch a break. Though he does seem to be veering into the relm of stalking & desperate now.

[face_laugh]

I do hate to say that. I love Jag!

It may just be Jaina's perception of him [face_mischief]

Mara gets cool points for her flying for a change!

Mara always gets cool points :cool:

Thanks for reading, TSF :)

10. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I'm slipping...I should have been here earlier, but here's my belated review :p:

Chapter 28: In Which Kyp Seems Very Impatient [face_laugh] Caught my attention immediately.

So there I was, standing with my recently recovered lightsaber in my hand and staring at the galaxy's biggest screw-up, who was grinning almost smugly. Aw! He's not the galaxy's biggest screw-up! [face_love][face_love][face_love]

Alright, maybe he is. :p But he's also the galaxy's sexiest screw-up... ;)

When she saw Kyp behind me, Mara rolled her eyes. "Rescued by Durron? Will the injustices never stop?" I love Mara (actually, most of the time I don't, but I'm really enjoying her here).

They wouldn't. Of course not. That would make life far too easy, wouldn't it? And we wouldn't have a story then, either. :D

[face_laugh] You know, there's endless potential for fascinating and hilarious scenes between these two; they're really more alike than they'd like to admit. Too bad they never get any screen time together.

You can read about it and my other diet tips for shedding that unwanted weight in Chiss confinement in the next edition of "Galactic Celebrity". [face_laugh] Ah...I love Jaina's sarcasm!

"Kyp, you came here by yourself? in an X-Wing when you had two people to rescue. Under the circumstances, I wouldn't say planning is not your strong suit. Why don't you tell us what you have in mind so Mara and I can tell you why it's wrong." [face_giggling] That cracks me up!

Somewhere in the galaxy Han Solo was crying. One of my favorite lines from this story thus far...

"No," I said. "We have to let Jag make his own choice." Very Luke-esque. Jaina rarely acts like a Jedi; she's more of the warrior type. But it's nice to see her when she does goes into Jedi-mode.

Essence Point.? [face_cackling_madly] (We need more faces around here. I don't feel I'm able to adequately express my feelings with the few we've been given).

Would things have been different if I'd taken Jag with us? Possibly.

But it was destiny.

And I've learned the hard way that you can't escape your destiny.
    Of course it was. And of course you can't. This is SW, after all. ;)

Marvelous post, as usual. I'm running out of superlatives for you. Maybe I'll make up some more of my own.

Is it too soon to ask for more?

11. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Very good chapter, YK. I really like Jaina's clarity here - about their situation, about Kyp, and about Jag.

Nice "Indiana Jones"-style moment there as J/K took out Jag's guards without touching him.

oldj

12. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Nice update!

They're finaly out of there just one question...

"now that that unpleasantness is over, how about you agree to stay willingly."
    ...Has Jag completly gone insaine?

Favorite lines:

"Kyp, you came here by yourself? in an X-Wing when you had two people to rescue. Under the circumstances, I wouldn't say planning is not your strong suit. Why don't you tell us what you have in mind so Mara and I can tell you why it's wrong."

"Of course, Threepio," I said with a wink. "We wouldn't leave you behind."
    Somewhere in the galaxy Han Solo was crying.

13. TahiriSoloFan

May 20, 2003
    Mara always gets cool points

Of course, she does.... I should have said you get points for giving her credit for the cool flying!
    [face_batting]

14. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    *bump*

15. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Interesting J/K.

16. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Yeah, I need to do something for this :p

JJD: I'm slipping...I should have been here earlier, but here's my belated review :

You're plenty on-time :p

Caught my attention immediately.

I wonder why... [face_thinking]

Alright, maybe he is. But he's also the galaxy's sexiest screw-up...

I'll leave that for you to decide ;)

I love Mara (actually, most of the time I don't, but I'm really enjoying her here).

How can you not love Mara? :eek:

Of course not. That would make life far too easy, wouldn't it? And we wouldn't have a story then, either.

Exactly :p

You know, there's endless potential for fascinating and hilarious scenes between these two; they're really more alike than they'd like to admit. Too bad they never get any screen time together.

Well, Mara did talk about wanting to murder him in Ruin 8-}

Ah...I love Jaina's sarcasm!

What sarcasm? :p

[face_giggling] That cracks me up!

:D

One of my favorite lines from this story thus far...

thanks!

Very Luke-esque. Jaina rarely acts like a Jedi; she's more of the warrior type. But it's nice to see her when she does goes into Jedi-mode.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I think she just realized she would be doing exactly what Jag did.

[face_cackling_madly] (We need more faces around here. I don't feel I'm able to adequately express my feelings with the few we've been given).

I agree!

Of course it was. And of course you can't. This is SW, after all.

Yep. Just ask her grandpa [face_mischief]

Marvelous post, as usual. I'm running out of superlatives for you. Maybe I'll make up some more of my own.

Go for it ;)

Is it too soon to ask for more?

Nope, I'll try and have something for tomorrow.

oldj: Very good chapter, YK. I really like Jaina's clarity here - about their situation, about Kyp, and about Jag.

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it :)

Nice "Indiana Jones"-style moment there as J/K took out Jag's guards without touching him.

I didn't think about Indiana Jones but I guess that's a good comparison :D

melissa: Nice update!

Thank you :D

They're finaly out of there just one question...
    ...Has Jag completly gone insaine?

I don't think so, but I'll leave it up to you :p

Thanks again :)

TSF: Of course, she does.... I should have said you get points for giving her credit for the cool flying!

Yay, I got cool points [face_dancing] :cool:

Kidan: Thanks for the bump :D

Sil: Interesting J/K.

I think it's more "J, K" ;) Thanks for reading :)

Okay, sorry about the delay, everyone. I'm going to try and have a new post ready for tomorrow. I think there are only a few posts left in this story, we are nearing the end [face_mischief]

17. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 29: The Source of Jacen's Insanity

I found some fresh tracks today near one of the bogs. I can tell from the imprint in the mud? the size, the design on the heel? that it's him.

I'm getting closer.

It's been more than a day since I've heard or seen any evidence that the battle is still going on above Chafour, which can only mean that the Alliance has lost.

The only surprise to me is that it lasted as long as it did.

I'm having trouble traveling, especially during the day. My shoulders are so sunburned that every beam from Chafour's star feels like vibroblades slipping into my flesh. I'm also out of food.

I don't care. As long as I'm getting closer to my prey I know that I can carry on long enough to complete my mission.

Then I can let go.

Artoo was more active today. I had to help him over only a few obstacles and he even whistled and chirped from time to time.

Threepio will be thrilled.

I tried to meditate today and nothing came to me. I couldn't do it. Maybe the Force is leaving me or maybe it doesn't even exist on this rock.

I remember how important my Uncle Luke used to say meditation is. How important it was to "fall into the Force." When I was a teenager training on Yavin 4, I remember when we began more intense lightsaber training. It was my first real sparring match with my uncle, who is certainly no slouch when it comes to using a lightsaber.

Match after match my uncle beat me? and I didn?t just lose. It wasn't even close. We would start and in a matter of seconds I would be kissing the mat and my lightsaber would end up knocked into another corner of the training room (I had a button activator at the time so you can imagine the horrible scorches I left on the temple walls that day).

As you can imagine, this was incredibly frustrating for me, because up to that point I had dominated every opponent I'd ever faced. I was easily the best in our class, even better than Jacen at the time. I beat Raynar Thul like a Bith in a head-butting contest.

And yet everyone was lasting much longer against Luke than I was. Even Raynar! It was embarrassing.

I'd always thought of my Uncle Luke as very gentle and sweet. Sure, I knew he was the man who destroyed the Death Star, fought Darth Vader, killed the Clone Emperor, and too many other things to even list here? but I didn't expect to see that side of him. It's not that I thought he would let me win, just for some reason I thought I could push him around in a fight the way I was everyone else.

After about the eighth time of him sweeping my feet out from under me and my back hitting the mat, my frustration was great enough that I nearly burst into tears. Luckily the session was over and everyone was dismissed. I sat in the training room for a bit and decided to sulk, only to have my uncle come back in and check on me.

"Rough day," Luke said tentatively.

"Why, Uncle Luke?" I cried. "Why did I fail so completely?"

He sat down next to me on the bench that bordered the temple wall.

"Because you wouldn't surrender yourself to the Force, Jaina. You use your lightsaber too much as a weapon."

"But it is a weapon!" I replied indignantly.

"No, it's not. Not really. A lightsaber reveals more about what's inside you than it does deflect blaster bolts. It is a tool of understanding."

You can probably see how Jacen got so screwed up.

I rolled the silver cylinder in my hand. "All I see is a metal hilt that holds a beam of light that can cut through almost anything."

"That's your problem. You're thinking too much about the world you can see, hear, taste, and touch. You have the Force, Jaina. You can't be afraid to immerse yourself in it."

"But that's not true. I was using the Force every time I swung my blade."

"Yes, but a Jedi doesn't really use the Force? Jedi let the Force use them."

I suppose I should tell you some more about my Uncle Luke. I'm sure whoever you are, you've heard the stories, seen the holodramas with Luke Skywalker taking on hoard

18. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    [review here]

Edit:

Chapter 29: The Source of Jacen's Insanity

[face_laugh]
    that?s a title :p

I found some fresh tracks today near one of the bogs. I can tell from the imprint in the mud? the size, the design on the heel? that it's him.

heel?!?
    oh-ho ... [face_worried]

I'm having trouble traveling, especially during the day. My shoulders are so sunburned that every beam from Chafour's star feels like vibroblades slipping into my flesh. I'm also out of food.

ouch! Poor Jay ... sunburns are horrible

And yet everyone was lasting much longer against Luke than I was. Even Raynar! It was embarrassing.

oh?!

wonderful catch of Luke. =D=
    I like how he is still deep down in his heart the farm boy, the naïve boy he was in his youth. That he has so much on his shoulders but doesn?t show and that his heritage must weight heavy on his shoulders and he don?t let him bother.
    Wow

Amazingly done

~ Mags ~

~ Mags ~

19. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003

I don't care. As long as I'm getting closer to my prey I know that I can carry on long enough to complete my mission.

Then I can let go.

Pure Jaina! Ah, the determination and stubbornness... o_O

Artoo was more active today...Threepio will be thrilled.

[face_laugh] That Threepio! ... :_| Poor Artoo!!!!!!!

Match after match my uncle beat me? and I didn?t just lose. It wasn't even close. We would start and in a matter of seconds I would be kissing the mat and my lightsaber would end up knocked into another corner of the training room (I had a button activator at the time so you can imagine the horrible scorches I left on the temple walls that day).

As you can imagine, this was incredibly frustrating for me, because up to that point I had dominated every opponent I'd ever faced. I was easily the best in our class, even better than Jacen at the time. I beat Raynar Thul like a Bith in a head-butting contest.

Now THAT would really piss Jaina off...

...A lightsaber reveals more about what's inside you than it does deflect blaster bolts. It is a tool of understanding."

You can probably see how Jacen got so screwed up.

:rolleyes: Yeah, I can. Fond as I am of Luke...

Is that naiveté?

Are you kidding? ;) He's the King of Naiveté! But good point, well made...

Force knows I've sure as hell thought so more than once over the years.

I knew you were smart, Jaina. :cool:

And I know I will be surrendering myself to the Force in a whole new way soon.

[face_worried] Uh-oh.

I really enjoyed Jaina's introspection about her Uncle and the Force. You're capturing the essence of her canon personality while emphasizing her sharp edges to make them play so well into your story.

Continued great work, YK! But I expect nothing less...

oldj :D

20. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    it's here! *does scary dance for joy*

Quite the pessimist Jaina...

Ahh, Artoo is coming around! Maybe this is a sign of good tidings for Jaina...

[face_laugh]

Hmm...this could be taken multiple ways...she'd die, or she'd determine her own fate, by giving into the Force, and not killing Jag. After all, if she slices and dices him, while down on this planet, I doubt Jag would fight back, so she'd have to do it in anger....Guess it's just one of those Essence Points....[face_thinking]

21. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    And I know I will be surrendering myself to the Force in a whole new way soon.

Hopefully we'll get to see just how, soon.

Only a few chapters left?

Can't wait to see how this ends, so I can go back and read the whole thing in one sitting. Maybe I won't be so confused. Yes, I still am.:rolleyes:

I'm getting closer.

If this is Jag why isn't he confronting her? He'd have to know she's there. I would think he'd try one more time to declare his love and convince her that the hag was wrong about her killing him.

Or did I miss something and this is not him?

22. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Interesting title and I'm assuming this is talking about TUF.

23. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004

Oh gosh, what do I see here? JJD? I hope you're joking... :_|

So very true. I think I can be more or less sure I'm writing Kyp decently, but Jacen just totally confuses me, and not in a good way. I feel like someone out of 'King's New Clothes' fairy tale, who is very tempted to say that the King is naked, but thinks that if everyone around say he's impeccably clothed, there should be something wrong with his perception.

In other words, I can't understand what all this fuss around Jacen is all about.

YodaKenobi, now that I'm finished with this semester, I promise to read the whole thing ASAP. These two posts I peeked at look very, very promising.

A.

24. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Maggy: Chapter 29: The Source of Jacen's Insanity
    that?s a title

Yes :p

ouch! Poor Jay ... sunburns are horrible

Yeah, they are!

wonderful catch of Luke.
    I like how he is still deep down in his heart the farm boy, the naïve boy he was in his youth. That he has so much on his shoulders but doesn?t show and that his heritage must weight heavy on his shoulders and he don?t let him bother.
    Wow
    Amazingly done

Thank you :)

oldj: Pure Jaina! Ah, the determination and stubbornness...

Yep, she is very stubborn.

That Threepio! ... Poor Artoo!!!!!!!

Well, we know at least part of Artoo lives on because you're reading this account ;)

Now THAT would really piss Jaina off...

More so than losing to Jacen, even :p

Yeah, I can. Fond as I am of Luke...

In canon, I think it's actually Jacen who's been manipulating Luke [face_whistling]

Are you kidding? He's the King of Naiveté! But good point, well made...

I agree :p

I knew you were smart, Jaina.

She is that too :cool:

I really enjoyed Jaina's introspection about her Uncle and the Force. You're capturing the essence of her canon personality while emphasizing her sharp edges to make them play so well into your story.

Thank you very much :)

Continued great work, YK! But I expect nothing less...

Aww, thanks [face_blush] :D

Kidan: it's here! *does scary dance for joy*

Yikes! [face_worried]

Quite the pessimist Jaina...

Always...

Ahh, Artoo is coming around! Maybe this is a sign of good tidings for Jaina...

Could be. Like a patient in the hospital who gets better right before he dies [face_mischief]

Hmm...this could be taken multiple ways...she'd die, or she'd determine her own fate, by giving into the Force, and not killing Jag. After all, if she slices and dices him, while down on this planet, I doubt Jag would fight back, so she'd have to do it in anger....Guess it's just one of those Essence Points....

You assume it's Jag she's chasing? [face_mischief]

Those are good guesses though ;)

Thanks for reading :)

Lola: Hopefully we'll get to see just how, soon.

Wanting Jaina to die, eh? [face_devil]

Only a few chapters left?
    Can't wait to see how this ends, so I can go back and read the whole thing in one sitting. Maybe I won't be so confused. Yes, I still am.

I'm sorry it's confusing. Feel free to ask questions either here or via PM :)

If this is Jag why isn't he confronting her? He'd have to know she's there. I would think he'd try one more time to declare his love and convince her that the hag was wrong about her killing him.
    Or did I miss something and this is not him?

We don't know that it is Jag. Have to wait and see who it is and why ;)

Sil: Interesting title and I'm assuming this is talking about TUF.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. :confused:

Ars: Oh gosh, what do I see here? JJD? I hope you're joking...

I agree with her :p

YodaKenobi, now that I'm finished with this semester, I promise to read the whole thing ASAP. These two posts I peeked at look very, very promising.

No hurry, but thanks for reading :)

Thanks, everyone! [:D]

25. TahiriSoloFan

May 20, 2003
    That was very touching... she somehow mangaged to be in awe of Luke and repectful of him, while at the same time seeming annoyed & irritated with him. Great writing! Just exactly how we feel about many of our relatives. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.