main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark I jest saw the A,F,I award show, honoring Gorge Lucas

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Prezrick, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Prezrick

Jedi_Prezrick Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    [face_flag]The AFI award show was grate! Thay had all the original Star Wars Stars.=D= IT WAS GRATE=D= Did eny body els see it.[face_flag]

2. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    You mean great??? ;)

3. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    lol, great, and yes I saw it, and I saw it when it came back on, lol.

it was cool, CHEWBACCA! ... i love chewbacca, lol

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yep saw it too. How sweet of George to have that band there for his kids. :D

Loved Carrie's 'I'm Han Solo and I'm an alcoholic' start. [face_laugh] And Harrison's thanking that one guy (can't remember who...) for stating that Tom Selleck was gonna be in his TV series and couldn't be Indiana Jones. [face_laugh] Poor Harrison...kept being pushed over not once, but twice. First as Han and then as Indiana. LOL!

It was great!

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    This is me on the far right leading the way out, with another San Diego Fanforce member (Tom) behind me as Shatner's Footman. LOL

[image=http://www.theforce.net/holonet/newspics/afi-shatner.jpg]

It'll re-air on Saturday at 2 AM and Sunday at 9 AM for those of you who missed it.

I got shown twice without my helmet on.. I totally was NOT expecting that. Maroon 5 had their dressing room right next to ours and we ended up doing a lot of our rehearsal the last day in front of their dressing room. We rehearsed from 9 - 6 on Tuesday June 7th (with an hour or so off for lunch), Bill Shatner arrived around 2pm to rehearse with us. He loved the idea of the troopers picking him up and was great to work with. Then on Wednesday we got to the theatre around 1:30 to rehearse some more prior to dress rehearsal but we were waved off. George Lucas was there and we were supposed to be a surprise for George, so we had to go hang out at the Hamburger Hamlet across the street until we got the "All clear" to go over to the Kodak theatre to rehearse, then we had dress rehearsal later that evening, where I took most of the photographs. Then we returned on Thursday for more rehearsals, and at 7:45 were headed over to the stage, and at 8:15 we were doing the opening number with Shatner. It is too bad you guys didn't get to see the WHOLE dance number.. it was great. :D

Here are the photos from the rehearsal.. oh, and Mark Hamill stood back stage talking to us for a good 20 minutes and he signed my armor!

http://public.fotki.com/MaraJade/afi/

6. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks so much for sharing those pics with us Mara_Jade_Fan!! Looked like you and your buds had a blast! Lucky you!

7. Spelling_Bacon

Spelling_Bacon Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2005
    jest=just
    A,F,I=A.F.I. or AFI
    Gorge=George (or under special figure collecting circumstances, Jorg)
    grate=great
    eny=any
    eny body=anybody
    els=else

HART=HEART

Please note: This is not Hyperspace_Police's sock.
    This is all in good fun--although I wouldn't mind raising the literacy bar a touch--you are always welcome, Prezrick--you just have to grin and suck it up when we make fun of you. ;)

8. Jedi_Prezrick

Jedi_Prezrick Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    [face_flag] I under stand lol. [face_flag]

9. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Just caught the repeat of the show this past Sunday morning. I was impressed. It was nice to see the old cast brought together. I was surprised that not one of the newer cast members made an appearance.

10. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Jimmy Smits was there, along with some crossover characters--Chewie, R2 and C-3PO. Who knows if other PT minors were there in the audience?

Funny how Carrie and Harrison will show up for this kind of thing, but not for Fans.

11. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    That's right. I forgot about Smits. I guess I never really think about ol' Bailey boy. As for Carrie, doesn't she show up at Cons and such. I could have sworn she was at C2. Not sure if she was at C3 though. But I know what you mean about Harrison. He should own up to Lucas and give a little love to the fans, but from what I hear he is a big jerk in real life. [face_talk_hand]

But I was really referring to Hayden, Natalie and Ewan. Those guys should have been there. I mean, c'mon, they made THREE movies with the man. o_O

12. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Carrie does Cons from time to time--presumeably when she really needs the money. :rolleyes: But when she does and when interviewed about SW, she tends to complain and say rude things about us.

With Ewan and Natalie, you can sort of understand them thinking they have better things to do, because they had good careers, and continue to have good careers afterward--don't know where Hayden stands on that..

One theory I had was that they offered the part that Jimmy Smits had to other stars but Jimmy was the best they could get--the others thumbed their noses at such a small part in the program. It did seem to be OT heavy...

13. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    I know for sure Natalie is overseas filming a movie and same with Ewan, and honestly Im glad Natalie wasnt there cause she shaved her head for the movie shes filming

14. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah, I heard about that and might have seen a pic on the web. [face_sick]

15. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    yea hayden natalie and ewan don't have time, harrison mark and carrie don't have a life outside of star wars, lol, so of coruse they had time to go :p

16. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    Actually

Ewan is doing a play in London

and Haydon is shooting a movie in Italy

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yep Ewan is doing Guys and Dolls and I think it goes thru until Oct.

18. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    Did I also hear that Ian McDarmiad is in a play as well?

19. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    Ian McDiamird I belive is in plays all the time in england i think...

20. scsublizzard

scsublizzard Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2005
    what was up with Peter Jackson ?

21. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Looked like a tapeworm got a hold of him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.