main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ I just finished reading the Episode II novel, and noticed a few things.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by RED_RAPTOR_ONE, Apr 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RED_RAPTOR_ONE

RED_RAPTOR_ONE Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2002
    1) It seemed that R. A. Salvatore noticed at page 300 that this book was getting kinda long and rushed through the last 60 pages.

2) The book is totally different than the movie in places. Strange as the author obviously had the script.

3) The book lack an adaquate description of the surroundings. Rarely did he explain the environments and things just happened.

However, some of the back story stuff about C-3PO and R2-D2, that you don't actually see in the movie, was interesting. Would have been a thousand times better if those moments were fleshed out and not simple three sentence paragraphs.

Seemed to be a rush job. I give it three stars. Barely worth the 40 bucks at Witcoulls I paid, even if I got a dare stamp on my card for it. My two cents. What are you're guys thoughts.

2. purplebabbit

purplebabbit Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    I bought the paperback a few weeks ago, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, flipped through some parts. Not wanting to spoil the book so... Apparently Anakin's tusken raider attack is described in more detail, or so I heard, something about force-lifting rocks etc, more of a darkside thing... anyway... I must get around to reading it soon.

3. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    purplebabbit, I wouldn't really call that a spoiler but just in case... (highlight to see) I thought the original sequence filmed for that *was* more gory, maybe they just cut that out to retain the PG rating. I'm probably wrong though.

4. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    I thought it sucked.

Oh, and hi New Zealand people! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.