main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I JUST GOT THE GUNSHIP!!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by BlasterMaster, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I DEFIANTLY CAUGHT THE FEVER!!!!! I'm headin to the closest city tomarrow to start my gunship hunt. I'll keep ya guys posted on what happens!

~Saber_Holder~

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    lordvader10, just curious, when did you order/preorder yours?

3. lordvader10

lordvader10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2002
    August 15, the day i looked all over and decided that scouring the world for the Gunship would be too much for me. Therefore, I preordered it. Could that be why?

4. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Don't worry LordVader I ordered mine 7 days after yours and I just called WallyWorld and they told me that I would have mine on 9/5 or that it would ship that day. She sounded like she had a mouth full of rocks. But I did hear 9/5 so I pray every day till then.
    Or call back agin.

5. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    lordvader10, well, I ordered mine June 20th, so you're probably much farther down the waiting list, that's my best guess.

Sorry. :(

6. lordvader10

lordvader10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2002
    Cool, thanks. That makes me feel much better.

7. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

omg. I am sooooooooooooooooo pissed at my parents. I had plans for like a week to go to the city tomarrow to look for the Gunship. I got all my homework done today (which was a lot), just so I could go on a hunt for it. I was walking by the living room door, and my moms like "were not going to auburn tomarrow". She wants to spend the day with my dad, since he had to decide to take the day off, EVEN THOUGH THEY SPENT THE WHOLE WEEKEND TOGETHER ALLREADY!!!!!! I was pissed. Now my dad gets all pissy at the price of the gunship, and tells me a whole buch of **** about how I don't need it, and that they will be EVERYWHERE (yeah, right). I try to explain to him how rare it is, but of course he just rolls his eyes like he doesn't take anything I say seriously. Then my mom starts saying that I don't have enough. She owes me a $220 pay check. I tell her that, and shes like "well, you can have $20 of it. The rest can go in the bank". Now that really got me going. I demanded at least half of the pay check. My dad starts going on about how my collection is pointless. My mom told me three times that I wouldnt have anyplace to put it, even though each time I told her a perfectly good place. My mom is like "why don't you just stick to the smaller things?". Smaller things? SMALLER THINGS?! They were the ones who let me use their names on the entry forms for my TPM pepsi machine!!!!!!!!!!!! I explain the whole homework thing, and they don't care of course. I come back in here, and then go on the wal mart site. I go back in, and ask them if I can order it online. NOOOOOOOOOOO! I can buy it in the stores now!! They tell me they'll drive me to WalMart (not the one I was planning on going to. this one is only 5 mins away). I explain to them that this walmart never puts anything new out, because not a lot of people buy the SW stuff here. Of course my dad thinking he's mr. intelligence goes on saying "You can just have them order it for you!". I AGAIN have to explain that they order things in large shipments, and even if it does come in, it probably wouldnt be on the floor for months. "So whats the big deal if you don't get it for months?!". Now that last thing really got me pissed. I finally made a deal with him, that if they don't have it there tomarrow, I can order it online. As I walk back here to post this, he starts saying "You don't need to get it on there! You can get it in the store just like everybody else!". I just ignored him, and kept walking. Phew. That felt good to get off of my chest. Lol. this was intended to be a short rant too......

~Saber_Holder~

8. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Dude, that's SO not cool.
    So your mom owes you $220 of YOUR money for YOU to decide what to do with, and she will only give you $20? [face_plain]
    And they don't care even after you did all that homework? That's crap. Really crappy.

I'm so good my parents support me and my Star Wars thing. They rock. :cool:

9. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

They usually support it, but not for the Gunship I guess. If Wal Mart doesnt have it tomarrow, I'm sure I can just coax my mom into letting me order it online when my dad isn't around. Problem is, with my luck, They will be sold out again probably. I want the Gunship soooooooooo bad!!!!!

~Saber_Holder~

10. JediSkywalker

JediSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    Wow thats a bummer bout ur parents. My dad and mom support me in my collecting. I ts a hobby. Walmart.com wont be sold out dont worry.

11. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    saber_holder dont feel too bad, we have all been there at sometime. That's why you look forward to getting a car and being able to drive!

12. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

And about the car... my dad laid down a stupid rule about me not getting one till after I graduate from college . Yes, you read right. Thank God he has no real control of me after I turn 18... (I'm 15 right now. 16 in February)

~Saber_Holder~

13. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    COLLEGE!!! Dude thats rough, I'm in college now and I couldnt live without a car. I would die.

14. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

He had a car in college, and when I bring that up, his excuse is that he spent 4 years in the Navy first, so he was "older and more mature". Another thing is my driver's permit. He got his when he was 15, but him and my mom are making me (and made my sister wait) till 16.

~Saber_Holder~

15. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    That sucks

16. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Yes. Yes it does.

~Saber_Holder~

17. BlasterMaster

BlasterMaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2002
    how does he expect you to live away from home without a car while you are at college? What are you going to do? Fly magic carpet? I mean geez thats rough, I send my condolences.

18. kowikan_monkey

kowikan_monkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    Oh man, that sucks. My parents support me as long as my grades are in the A-range and I buy not too much, and the occasional big thing once in a while.

19. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    OUCH saber_holder! My mom usally drives me around to the W-M Targets And TRU. She is really cool!!! When I get a paycheck ill probaly save half of it.

Sithman when is your gunship coming in?????

20. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    saber_holder my mom`s the same way about me finding the Ki-Adi Mundi figure.She says quote "Why are you so upset about not finding a chacrater no ones ever heard of?" She thinks it is pointless that I buy SW stuff that "No ones ever heard of".Damnit non-fans like her never heard of them,but I have.

21. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Man, saber_holder, that bites. Like really bad. :(

I think I'll go hug my parents.

22. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Sorry Saber obout your troubles with your parents. For me I'm so glad that my teen years were spent in the dark years of collecting. Now If I want something i just buy it on the spot. The only thing I have to lsten to is my wife complaine. Then I tell her that I got with my money.

23. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Man, that's rough about the parental units. Glad I spent my teen years in the collecting void too. Being in my mid-20s, I can buy anything I want when the finances allow. Then there is the matter of explaining the purchase to my wife. But we have come to an understanding, and she has no problem with my hobby.

24. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Sithman i thought drac was you!! LOL :p

My mom takes me to a lot of places!

Maybe ill get teh gunship on vacation!!!! :D

25. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, the Sidious icon is sorta my trademark, so that's understandable. :p

OooooOOOOoo, a nationwide search for TEH GUNSHIP!!!!!11 :D

Thread Status: