main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I JUST HAD THIS THOUGHT ABOUT SIDUOUS/PALPATINE!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by houstros5, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houstros5

houstros5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002
    Okay, now bear with me, this makes sense in my head.....

I was watching EPI last night and noticed that Palpatine was always in some capacity with the good guys, Yet Darth Siduous is a presence.

What if, and a big one, Palpatine was a clone of Siduous? I know it sounds wrong, given that the orig. Trilogies has "Emperor Palpatine".

My friends say this is wrong because "of course Palpatine would not be with the good guys when he is portraying Siduous"

BUT.... suppose this:

Someone has to infiltrate the Jedi. This could not be Darth Siduous, because a sith would not go undetected in a room full of Jedi (at the :22 mark of the "Mystery" Trailer, Palpatine is gazing out of the window in the background of the room full of Jedi)

By traditional sci-fi standards, no clone is a perfect copy, therefore Palpatine could be a clone minus the light/dark side traits, therefore going undetected.

People say, yeah but Vader infiltrates and destroys the Jedi....

Do you really think that Anakin could turn to the dark side unnoticed by the jedi? again, a sith could not get close to a jedi unnoticed.

BUT Emperor PALPATINE is in the orig. trilogy....

I say that this forceless clone is following (mind) control of Siduous. This makes since in that Palpatine gains power in the Senate, eventually to the point it can be fully collapsed (ANH) which goes unnoticed because he is NOT a sith, just a clone.

while Anakin is lured to the dark side, clone Palpatine has infiltrated the Jedi, and is gaining control of the universe, to ultimately dissapear and be replaced in name and face by Siduous. This infiltration of the jedi opens the door for Vader to destroy the Jedi, as once Anakin turns he surely won't get near the jedi, leaving the CLONE Palpatine to be the mouse....

nobody sees this clone and change of power because Siduous is exactly the same as Palpatine, except Siduous is the real sith lord.

Okay, but the title of EPI was "THE PHANTOM MENACE"

That further backs my point, because other than the nemoidians thru holgram, there is NO PHYSICAL INTERACTION with Darth Siduous, ONLY Senator Palpatine (clone). The Menace is phanton because you never physically see it, only the weaker public-face clone...

On the side, the argument of where the clones fit into this came up. My guess is that they are not really the bad guys.

HOW????? THEY LOOK LIKE STORMTROOPERS!

Ever notice that all storm troopers are the same (i.e. clones)

We know them as bad because they are controlled by the empire. The same empire which at one point was the Galactic Senate/Republic headed by the CLONE Palpatine...

I know the last part doesn't make since with the EPII Title, but maybe ol' George is throwing us the first part of a giant, badass curve in the star wars saga!

we'll see soon....

2. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    I love Caps Lock.

;)

3. houstros5

houstros5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002
    Yeah, sorry about the caps, but I wanted to get my idea down before i lost the rationality of it....

4. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Palpatine and Sidious are one in the same. RM has confirmed this fact many times, and unless he is lying to us(which wouldn't surprise me, but I'll give him the benifit of the doubt) your theory is not going to be proven correct come May 16th....

:cool: Mace Windy,
    one wind to blow them all!

5. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    "Yeah, sorry about the caps, but I wanted to get my idea down before i lost the rationality of it...."

Insert punchline here.

Just kidding buddy. I actually think this topic has been exhausted over the past few years. Rick McCallum has said flat out that they're the same guy. No twins, no clones.

6. Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 1999
    Apart from the fact that it has been stated by Lucas tha Sidious=Palpatine, it sounds lite a possible thought.

7. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    I personally think there's more to the Palpatine/Darth Sidious thing that meets the eye, but that's because I like overly complicated plot lines, but interesting theory, anyway, houstros5

8. houstros5

houstros5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002

Also, why would they say otherwise? If I was Lucas or RM, I wouldn't want people to think any differently either, so that the suprise is that much greater....

keep in mind, they have lied about things before.... some lies were for the better, some for the worse...

Please remember this is the Non Spoiler Forum, houstros5.

9. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Please edit your last post houstros. That would be a spoiler....

10. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    houstros, you might wanna edit that post so it's free of "reports" of Episode II content.

11. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    I've PMed steve....

12. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Everyone always thought the Clone Wars would be with Jedi clones and I think this idea is still clinging to some. It is obvious now that it won't work the way we always pictured it. And don't read too deep into things, this is not the X Files. Other than the "I am your father" and Luke/Leia sibling thing, SW has no mass conspiracies.

13. houstros5

houstros5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002
    Sorry about that, I really didn't know of a "spoiler" around that, only banter among friends...

14. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    Thanks houstros5!

15. houstros5

houstros5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002
    no conpiracies YET.... you suggest that story-wise infiltrating the jedi would be a cake-walk. I think it would take a conspiracy of this grand scale to happen.

you don't keep order for thousands of years on luck...

16. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    Wow, haven't heard this argument before in about 10000000000000000000000 Sidious/Palpy threads. :)

It seems pretty obvious that they're one and the same.

17. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Everyone always thought the Clone Wars would be with Jedi clones

Actually, I always assumed that some bad guy made clones, and there was a war.

I didn't even think that it would bring about the fall of the Republic.

Be careful about how you generalize.

18. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I like Oak have always had doubts accepting that Sidious is merely Palpatine. I hope that it is something more.

19. PruneF8ce

PruneF8ce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Nope. No Palpatine clones. Take him away!

20. Sith Acolyte

Sith Acolyte Jedi Master star 2

Jun 8, 1999
    This is the sound of me reading about the same debate I got sick of in September of '99....

*WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM*

[briefly lifts head from desk to see if he's done any permanent damage to his head or the desk. He hasn't]

*WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM* *WHAM*....

21. Jedi Without a Cause

Jedi Without a Cause Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2000
    yes, this has been brought up before, but apparently it must have been SOME time ago because I've never participated in this discussion as it is always shouted down as being redundant, similar to the dagobah/naboo thing. Everybody goes CRAZY if you even mention it thinking that if it's been thought of before, the it must be wrong. Which may or may not be true, but doesn't help the situation because then nobody ever talks about it, forcing newbies to bring it up again when they get here because they think it's new as the old topic has been shouted back to page 20 or whatever.

I generally don't beleive Sidious or Palpatine is a clone, though I won't dismiss it off hand. A couple things I like about the theory though, it would then be possible for Sidious to have been working on this plan of his for a loooooooong time. And the palpatine puppet is one of the last steps. Sidious could be as old as yoda or older. Also it gives a little more meaning to the title attack of the clones.

-JWAC

22. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Whoops never, mind forget this was non spoilers. My bad.

900th POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Dom

Dom Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 15, 2000
    "Someone has to infiltrate the Jedi."

Yup, there as to be a traitor among the Jedi and his name will be Darth Vader.

Senator/Chancellor/Emperor Palpatine and Sidious are one and the same, listen to Lucas' commentary on the TPM DVD.

24. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Someone has to infiltrate the Jedi. This could not be Darth Siduous, because a sith would not go undetected in a room full of Jedi (at the :22 mark of the "Mystery" Trailer, Palpatine is gazing out of the window in the background of the room full of Jedi)

You don't even have to go that far. Just look at TPM: Palpatine's standing in the same room as a bunch of Jedi during Qui-Gon's funeral. But they don't sense him. Why?

Yoda: "Hard to see the dark side is."

25. houstros5

houstros5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002
    Yet Obi-Wan senses Vader and vice versa in ANH....

Not that hard to see the dark side is...

He goes undetected in the room because, once again Palpatine could be a force-less clone of Siduous.

And anyone using that "listen to Lucas" excuse is nuts, he and Ricky-boy have lied about stuff before and again, if this major swerve does indeed happen, why in the blue hell would they tell you ahead of time.

Keep in mind the short term memories of these two, given they cant even get Mace's lightsaber color consistant...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.