main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW I just have to gloat

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kadue, Oct 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maestrino

maestrino Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    Hmmmm, "egion".... I like it. :)
    Can't answer any of ya questions or perplexions yet though Syrix.

I'll have to borrow someone's TV and DVD player again hey... :D

2. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Was just having a look at the computer at work and guess what I saw, someone from head orifice sent out an email that some discs had superficial scratches on em, didn't affect the disc playing but apparently came about because of something going wrong with the burn or words to that effect, course I have no idea if this concerns anyone

My boss deleted the email cos we sold all of ours by the time it had arrived

As for that storyboard scene it was in there for sure

3. The_Poison_Monkey

The_Poison_Monkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2001
    Tizza, the extra scenes were added in just for the DVD. and your shoes do talk to each other. i could here them when we were in England. the were plotting to cut off your feet and liberate themselves from your body.

4. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    I'm not so sure about the DVD Sam. I mean, you could be right, but why include half the deleted scenes in the movie, AND include what was re-incorporated in the Deleted Scenes section as well?

I would have prefered the space to be used on some of the other 600 hours they allegedly filmed! (and that goes for the 'storyboard scene' too :) )

I mean, even the X-men movie has an option that you can turn on or off to view the deleted scenes where they would be in the movie (marked by a brief pause so you know) - I'm quite surprised Lucas didn't do that.

Still, what's done is done, eh? I guess we'll just have to wait and see if Episode 1 Special Edition is an improvement.

Edit - the first sentence originally read, "I'm not so sure Sam about the DVD Sam."

And I also forgot to say that I took care of my shoes, burnt them and fed their ashes to some cows.

5. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    There's nowhere near half[/i the the deleted scenes reincorporated in TPM on DVD. The only scene "put back" was the Coruscant Air Taxi scene.....there are a few extra shots in the Podrace Grid scene and the Podrace itself but not the entire deleted scene.

And there are heaps more little bits of other deleted scenes on there if you really look. In The Making of Ep1 doco, there's priciple photography footage of Obi-Wan landing in the Naboo swamps and in the Production Stills section there's a few shots of Darth Maul dueling with Qui-Gon on the ramp of the Queen's Ship on Tatooine.

So they're in there if you look for them....and I'm sure there's stacks more too ;)

6. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Your point is valid, DA, and yes I do realise that there is other unseen footage in the documentaries, but I also think that you missed my point, which was that about half of the deleted scenes from the deleted scenes section on the 2nd DVD had already been re-incorporated into the movie. For those of you who couldn't follow here's a bit of an explanation...

Scenes Put Back In:

Extended Grid Scene -- I would say that about half of this scene, ie: 2 or 3 extra racers was put back in.
    Extended Pod Race Lap 2 -- I would say that nearly all of this was put back in (I think you only see Sebulba use his flame blast once, the clean up droids weren't there, or the Jawas that get shot at).
    Coruscant Air Taxi Scene -- Like they say, the entire scene was re-incorporated.

That leaves:

The Waterfall Scene
    The Greedo "In-joke" scene
    Dawn Before the Race
    Farewell to Jira (sp?? The dirty old beggar woman)

The four scenes that were completely left out are pretty short, and so is the Air Taxi scene. But the deleted Pod Race stuff was taken from all throughout the race, meaning that on DVD2 they are repeating a fair bit of the pod race.
    SO, if any new scenes on the DVD hadn't been shown at all; not even in the US where they always get more footage than anywhere else in the world, then why did he re-incorporate an entire scene (and at least half of two of the others) and put the same scenes in the deleted scenes section on the second DVD, when he could have put different scenes on there. OR he could have put an option on DVD1 that allows you to watch Episode 1 with or without the additional scenes completely re-incorporated... just like the X-men movie DVD.

Well, I understood myself perfectly... I hope the rest of you did. :D

7. maestrino

maestrino Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    //Manwell//

.....Que?

:D

8. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I saw the movie at work yesterday (only the first disc) and I saw heaps of new shots in the podrace, especially in lap two. Most of em were pretty good additions. I wasn't quite sure about the whole cable coming loose though and then fixing, that seems pretty impossible at that speed (yes, I know it's just a movie). I'm still dying to see disc two! :(

9. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Read the book and it explains how he did it, books are good

10. The_Barman

The_Barman Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    especially at my house!

11. The_Barman

The_Barman Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    My house is a library :D

12. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Your house is the best damn library out there! :D

13. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    DAMN STRAIGHT!

14. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    You mean, you can only whisper at your place?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.