I just made a thread over in Los Angeles's board.

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This game is going to be great!! :D :D

2. fn_clone Jedi Knight

star 3
    That game wasn't so great. :( :(
  3. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Someone check those Ref's bank accounts I smell pay off.
  4. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    (dang sacul, you're even up earlier than me!)

Terrible, terrible calls. We don't have the same refs on Sunday, do we? It'll be a whole new crew, right?

I'm *SO* mad at Kobe for nailing Bibby. In the re-play the ref was looking right at him too! That was awful, awful basketball. I really hope Kobe is fined for it.
  5. fn_clone Jedi Knight

star 3
    Even though there were some bad calls, I don't like complaining about the refs. You get some calls, you lose some calls, and the game goes on. The Bibby/Kobe incident was a good no call in my opinion. Bibby had his arm around Kobe blocking his path which could've been called for a foul. Kobe decided to plow over Bibby since he couldn't get around which could've been called for a foul. You have two foul situations right there away from the ball, the best call is no call in that case.

What makes me mad though is that they didn't call the most obvious foul on Webber when Webber reached in and then right after that they call a foul on Vlade instead. Vlade wouldn't of fouled out right away if the refs had made the obvious call on Webber. (Didn't I just say I don't like complaining about the refs and here I am doing it now??)

It's all on the line now. I believe in the Kings, but the last two games have been too close for comfort. I'm already starting to get nervous. In my opinion all we need is Bibby to start hitting again, that was the factor in last nights game. I'm not even sure how he hurt his tricep, anyone know?
  6. bigdigs266 Force Ghost

star 1
    Bibby hurt his tricep by practicing his saber technique!

GO KINGS!!
  7. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  8. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Dark side has pulled its shroud over the refs (sp) of these games. They suck! Coby should be playing football for that forearm he slammed in Bibby's face. And has anyone but me noticed that Shaq is in violation of free throws every time? As soon as he lets the ball go during a free throw he steps forward, over the line before the ball touches the rim. Just watch him Sunday! And the refs let him get away with it. All the time.

That's ok, Jackson and the leakers will have to out up with the cow bells again when they loose. ;)
  9. fn_clone Jedi Knight

star 3
    LDV, did you see that special they had on channel 31 or something where they pointed out all of the ways Shaq breaks the rules? I myself did not see it, but I heard about it and stepping over the free throw line was one of the big points. They showed that he stepped over the line every single time in one game. Pretty crazy stuff.

Series recap:
    Game 1 - LAL 106, SAC 99
    Game 2 - SAC 96, LAL 90
    Game 3 - SAC 103, LAL 90
    Game 4 - LAL 100, SAC 99
    Game 5 - SAC 92, LAL 91
    Game 6 - LAL 106, SAC 102
    Game 7 - ????? (Kings of course ;) )

This has to be the best series I've seen in a long time.
  10. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Did anyone read the good article in the bee on the greatest basketball team ever?: Kobe, Shaq and those three refs. They're unstopable.
  11. fn_clone Jedi Knight

star 3
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, WHY?!?!?!?!?! WHY DID IT HAVE TO HAPPEN TO US!?!?!?!?!??!
  12. Darth_Hater Jedi Master

star 2
    anyone want to tell me why doug christie was taking the big shots down the stretch?
  13. fn_clone Jedi Knight

star 3
    that's the 8th wonder of the world.
  14. PowerOfTheDarkside Jedi Padawan

Great series. Scoreboard Lakers.
  15. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Well as much as it hurt to see the guys lose, I can't say I'm not proud of them for the job they did.
    It took the champs 7 games and an over time to get past us.

Be proud, after all there is always next year.

GO KINGS!!!
  16. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, it was a great series and a marvelous year. I never cared about the championship, but boy it would have been fun to BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

I have no idea on earth why 1) Doug Christie who's played a terrible offensive game all series long was given the ball at the end over and over again. 2) free throws. Why couldn't we throw free throws really all series long?

I wasn't positive before but now I am. The Kings are a better team. Keep in mind we didn't even have one of our All Stars most of the series in Peja. If everyone had been healthy, we'd now be thinking Championship.
  17. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Sour Grapes. Sour Grapes.

Give the Lakers their due. As a Laker fan I give the Kings their due, since I was almost certain that the Kings would win, which is why I did not watch game 7. I am happy but Sacramento was tough. Next Year Sac, maybe, actually watch out for Dallas.
  18. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Pththt...stupid Lakers
  19. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Next year The Lakers will have to give up the crown to the Kings. The Kings are still young, and are a tougher team. They took the Lakers to the limit, but I agree, the Lakers showed why they are the champions. But there is a storm coming next year, and there is a cold chill on the back of the neck of the Lakers. And when they look back, they see the that storm is the Kings, and it's picking up speed and destroying everything in its path as it approaches the Lakers, and it will destroy them next year. The torch will be past on.
  20. fn_clone Jedi Knight

star 3
    Let's look at next season. I'm not sure what the salary cap is going to be, but who should we trade and who should we keep? Take note that Bibby is a free agent.

I think we have to sign Bibby back. People are probably going to hate me for this next statement, but I think we can do without Peja. I say this b/c I think Hedo has a lot of potential and will fill Peja's spot. I can speculate a lot more, but I'll leave that up to you guys.
  21. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I [face_love] Peja! He's an all-star. Hedo's still young and makes a lot of mistakes.
  22. fn_clone Jedi Knight

star 3
    Peja is a regular season player and great at that, he's still not ready for the post season. Without him, others step up easily and fill his place, it just doesnt seem like he's that critical to the team. He's a great player, there is no objecting to that, but I'm just not sure about him. Maybe it's just b/c he has sat so many recent games and i've already forgotten how he carried the team at the beginning of the regular season. I know Hedo is still young, but that guy is learning so fast.

edit: Don't forgot that if we do resign Bibby, he now knows that he is capable of putting up 20-30 points a game. He said that during the regular season he was content at watching his teammates score, but in the playoffs he knew he had to step up and put a lot of points on the board. Bibby's points and Hedo's points combined are more the Peja was putting up. So this is another reason why I think we can do without him.

But really, I'd like us to keep him. It all depends on the salary cap.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.