main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I just played Rogue Leader.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by ElfStar, Nov 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElfStar

ElfStar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Aren't you guys jealous? :D

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yes. Someone else here has too...

3. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Me want RL NOWWW!!!

Can't wait for Christmas... :D

Error: Only one message post per minute is allowed.

4. ElfStar

Mar 24, 2001
    It's really cool. It's definitely more then just another RS. Lots of improvements, not the least of which is graphics.

5. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    i cant wait! with my xmas bonus money i will be buying it, hopefully it will be for pc also... i want GC mainly because they are redoing all the resident evil games!

6. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Me I'm geting it the 18 along with my Cube,Lugi's Mansion,and Waverace. 17 days and counting.

7. Dark_Sith_Alf

Dark_Sith_Alf Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000
    In the video previews it appears that the Tie Bombers now have missiles. Can you confirm this ElfStar?

8. Rogue-Leader

Rogue-Leader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    I have to wait for Christmas. I will be getting the GameCube with Rogue Leader, Luigi's Mansion, and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

9. JediJared

JediJared Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2000
    Did you have a chance to launch a proton torpedo? I loved that effect when I played :)

10. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Alf, well, they fire them in XWA, so I'd assume they do in RL!

11. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    I knew there were missiles on the tie bomber in XWA, but the tie bomber didn't have missiles in the original Rogue Squadron. Missiles on the tie bombers again will be a nice change. Makes it harder again.

12. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Yeah me too I also have to wait till christmas to get my GC with only RL first.

13. ElfStar

Mar 24, 2001
    The level I played did not have any Tie Bombers. Lots of Tie fighters. And the proton torpedo effect is really cool. But what I really liked was the way the trench lit up when you shot your lasers.

Unfortunately I took too long flying slowly and looking at the textures, so before I could kill Darth Vader Yavin 4 blew up. :(

14. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    I went to the Target in my city. It has a Gamecube you can play, but the game is not Rogue Leader. It's Luigi's Mansion. :mad:

15. ElfStar

Mar 24, 2001
    Are you sure it wasn't a demo disk? If you can reset it you should be able to get to Rogue Squadron. That's what I did.

16. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    I will get a Gamecube soon!

17. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    Good idea ElfStar. I'll go to Target and see if it's a demo disk. At night, when all of the kids are gone that were playing it.

18. Somatose

Somatose Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2001
  19. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    You do remember how to reset consoles by using the controllers, right? Very important to know how to do if it is a demo box.

20. Rogue-Leader

Rogue-Leader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    I can't wait until Christmas, but I'm broke right now, so I guess I'll just have to be patient. :(

21. BoB

BoB Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    I played it a couple of weeks back and was [face_plain]

Of course I've always prefered simulators to arcade style games so I;ve always prefered the xwing series. THe graphics are incredible but without instructions it took me forever to figure out that you hav to hold the button in for a little while to shoot the ion gun on the y-wing.

Got pretty good at shooting the tow cables though, just had to remeber to pay attention to my mission objectives, cause I was to busy killing AT-AT's while the AT-ST's blew up the ion cannon.

The trench run looked great but after flying it so many times it has lost its novelty.

The cloud effects were incredible in the mission you were trying to hide from the imperials. I was peveed I had to switch to targetting computer to be able to see anything cause I lost the cool effect, plus I kept almost running into captial ships.

22. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Nice description, BoB... thanks!

23. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    Actually I don't remember how to reset the demo box from the controllers. Will you please tell me PreacherBoy ?

24. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
  25. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    Nevermind those last 2 posts. Dark_Sith_Alf has just played Rogue Leader! Well, the game crashed right when I clicked on start game, but I looked at the menus and I also saw the opening Lucasarts logo video. LOL
    The music in the menus is a slight remix of the original Rogue Squadron theme.

So, that makes 3 people here that have played Rogue Leader. (JediJared, ElfStar, and Dark_Sith_Alf)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.