main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I just played Rogue Leader.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by ElfStar, Nov 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Sith_Alf

Dark_Sith_Alf Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000
    Gamecube at Walmart too. Just played it at Walmart. Didn't crash this time. It's kind of annoying how the game resets to the demo selection screen a few seconds after Wedge gets hit in the Trench Run. I made it all the way to the Trench the first 2 times I played. The first time I crashed and died in the Trench 3 times. The second time, the game reset to the demo screen.

2. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I played it.

It was pretty cool. Call me a pessimist, but I was expecting more out it. The textures were somewhat blah. And it was hard identifying TIEs in space. The graphics just didn't blow me away.

But the control is tight, and the framerate is incredible. It has flaws, but still a great game from what I saw.

3. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I have the Rogue Leader game sitting infront of me but, I do not yet have a GameCube to play it on!

4. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    And it was hard identifying TIEs in space.

You have to use the targeting computer.

A friend of mine just imported a Game Cube from Japan, and I got to play RL tonight. It's a pretty nice game. I couldn't believe how small the GC is.

!snap

5. GUARDSMAN

GUARDSMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    This might be a stupid question, but how much does the gamecube cost anyways? I've been all over the net trying to figure it out, I haven't looked that hard so I thought it might be possible that somebody here knew how much it costs.

6. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Must. Get. A. Gamecube. [face_plain]

7. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    I'm not compleatly sure but I think that the Game Cube costs $199 US dollars.

8. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    That's a realy good price, similar to the price of the original megadrive (Genesis?). Might even prove to be worth it! ;)

9. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Instead of just creating a new thread I figured I might as well just bring this one up.

Simply put, I got GameCube today along with two games (Tony Hawk 3 and Rogue Leader), and for me it was worth the money. Although primarily when I started playing Rogue Leader in demo games and in advertisement stands at department stores I found it to be a bit confusing. Now that I?ve had the time to sit down and play it by myself I find it to be a very engrossing and well done game, but by no means is it a fast paced and non-stop action type arcade game. Most of the time you?re looking for targets and dodging tie fighters while trying to aim and shoot at small objects, much like a Metal Gear Solid strategy game except in a snub fighter.

I do like it much more then the first one though, and from my own judgement the graphics are phenomenal. The soundtrack is right along the lines of John William?s score and in some of the more perilous moments of playing it really moves you along and gets you swept into the feeling of flying with Rogue Squadron. The sound effects and various signature tones of the ships and weapons are lifted directly from the movies and fit in very well, the scream of a Tie Fighter blasting by you at full speed definitely is deserving of surround sound.

All in all it?s a great game, but I?m sure there will be those out there who will say differently.

10. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm stuck in the death star trench run. How am I supposed to get these TIEs off of me? :(

11. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    You don't have to. Destroy the towers.

I'm on the 5th mission or so. The game is pretty good from what I've seen. The graphics are very nice, not perfect, but damn good. The targeting computer is an awesome addition. And the B-Wing... kickass. I love the mission where you take out a Star Destroyer with it. =) And the difficulty has definitely been put up a notch or two... excellent.

12. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I played the toys r us demo once and loved it. I am sitting at work now with my new Game Cube and RL in a bag..dying for 6pm est to arrive so I can get home and hook it all up.

13. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Grrrr, now I'm sorta jealous. :D

14. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    AND I GOT A FREE CHAIR WITH MY GAMECUBE PURCHASE!!1!

lol

15. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Yay, I blew the Death Star. Now I'm stuck in the mission after the Battle of Hoth. The Maw. Damn, this is tough...

I think I know my problem. Tried using lasers against shield generators instead of ion cannons. I'll try again.

16. Thomas-Fett

Thomas-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    I am the end of the Reble Alliance.
    I skipped training. Hijacked an X-wing and took off on a mission. Then I found out that we were making a frontal assault on the Death Star. Whoops. My bad. Even worse, some of the other pilots decided to follow me. Morons. I launched all of my photon torpedos and the planet blew up. Guess I won right?

Thomas-Fett saved the day. That game was too easy.

17. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Hehe, yes, when it says use ion cannons, you should probably try using ion cannons. ;)

And the new ion cannons in this game rule. They are really unrealistic methinks, but very cool nonetheless.

And if you think that mission is difficult, wait until you have to destroy a Star Destroyer with a B-Wing. :) Very very fun, but hard at first.

18. Thomas-Fett

Thomas-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    Oh I SO can't wait. In fact. Enough of this. I'm going to go play.

EMPIRE BEWARE! Thomas-Fett is gunning for you!

19. Dimetrodon

Dimetrodon Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 24, 2001
    that Y-wing level at the MAW is very hard.
    it took a while to get used to it. basically jsut rush over to the shield. take it out while blasting the shuttles too. then u just have to bomb everything, luckily bombs recharge.

now i am stuckat razor rendnevous. blowing that star destoyer is hard. too many lasers.

can anyone help me out with what to do?

20. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    What I did was immediately rush to the Star Destroyer. Take out both of the top shield generators in one run, if you can. You will most likely die, but it is imperative that you destroy both. Unload half of your proton torpedoes into each tower, and then a few lasers will finish them off. While doing this, tell your wingmen to take the TIEs.

So, assuming you died on your bombing run, you start back at the frigate. Well, great, that's where you are supposed to be. Kill all of the TIEs there, until they say that the frigate is okay.

Once it is, go after the big ball on the underside of the destroyer. Unload all 12 torpedoes, and that will easily do it. Once again, you will probably die.

So, on your final life, you have to take on the bridge command center of the destroyer. Use your targeting computer if you don't know where it is. Shoot all your torpedoes at it, done deal. Oh, and no kamikazis into it like in ROTJ. I tried. ;)

21. Dimetrodon

Dimetrodon Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 24, 2001
    i really ahte when a tie tails you, its impossible to get rid of them.
    i got all 3 generators in one life got he ties. went back to the destroyer and it jumped to lightspeed, ********* :mad:

22. Darth_Puck

Darth_Puck Jedi Master

Jul 23, 2001
    I can't believe people like this game. I was all excited when I got my Gamecube today but Rogue Leader is BORING. Great graphics but it's the same game as Rogue Squadron for N64.

With no compelling games for the cube coming in the near future, it's all going back to the store. Major disapointment.

23. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    it doesn't come onsale in nz till March i think:(

24. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Patience my little friends I will be getting it on christmas

25. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Just orderd a gamecube today. :D