main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I just played Rogue Leader.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by ElfStar, Nov 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I tried going first...last..everything. It's soo lame, there won't even be any ties around, it'll change to a cutscene and show the Falcon just pop in mid air like a balloon...and I'll have the power regulator in my sights, even with the s-foils closed so I could go faster. PLEASE HELP.

2. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Windex are you sure you have all the Ties taken care of when you reach the core? That's the only thing that would cause the Falcon to explode.

3. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    You probably missed one annoying little TIE. Its happened to me a few times in that final run to the core the Falcon looks small so you can miss an even smaller TIE. Once on your way out what I do is stay right on the Falcon's tail using small speed bursts and then as soon as I see a glimpse of stars I speed ahead to make sure I beat the Falcon out.
    Only thing I have to work on is my accuracy to get a silver or gold now.
    (Anyone else find the Falcon to be too slow and big for most boards?)

4. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    This game is so sweet. I played it at my cousin's house. I don't any other game on the gamecube, but this one. I am a PC gamer, and if I was to buy a console, I would buy a Xbox. However, this game alone is almost worth it. It's too bad I'm too poor to buy either. I will just have to save my money for the cool PC games that are coming out like GalaticBattlegrounds, Galazies,and JK2. I am simply amazed by the graphics. The Death Star Mission is super fun. I loved seeing anchorhead in the training missions and actually recognizing it.

5. hoth-nudist

hoth-nudist Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    BOOOOOYEEEAAAAHHH!!! Got a gold on 'core strike and all bonus missions! I only need a gold medal on endurance to have gold medals on ALL missions.

6. zagyg

zagyg Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 8, 2001
    I tried going first...last..everything. It's soo lame, there won't even be any ties around, it'll change to a cutscene and show the Falcon just pop in mid air like a balloon...and I'll have the power regulator in my sights, even with the s-foils closed so I could go faster. PLEASE HELP.

First of all, you MUST stay within a certain proximity of the Falcon or it will instantly explode (hence the please to "go faster" or whatever Lando says).

The best strategy, I've found, is to pull a good ways up, but stay right behind the Falcon. When you see the TIE groups pull up behind him, swoop down and take them out. Pull back up above the lasers, repeat, repeat, etc.

Once the last group is gone (forget how many there are, but it's certainly an finite number - four, five?), you can lock your S-Foils and haul to the goal, leaving the Falcon in the dust and completing this section of the mission more quickly.

7. WindexedStormtrooper

Jun 11, 2001
    I agree that one differene between RL and RS is the difference in the strengths of the various ships. I too think that the Falcon in RL kinda sucks....it doesn't turn quick at all, plus it doesn't seem to have anymore shielding than the other vehicles (or maybe it just ABSORBS every laser on the screen) And I think the x-wing has been improved and is now halfway decent. Just my 3 cents.

BTW, thanks for the tips. I WAS missing some TIES

8. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    I agree with you about the Falcon..I was wondering if anyone else noticed how crappy they made it in RL. The only board its perfect on is the Asteroid..go figure. X-wing is probably the best all around ship in the game now. It ashame since the Falcon is my favorite in the SW universe

9. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    The RL Team was just trying to be realistic. It is a freighter after all, not a fighter. And it's a freighter that can outspeed a lot of stuff. She'll make point five past lightspeed, but Han never said anything about combat maneuvers. :) Just keep in mind that any other freighter would handle like a brick.

10. SueAsideRide

SueAsideRide Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 5, 2000
    And I thought I was done with the training level. Thanks for the tips, guys.

So far I have seven bronze and nothing else. I'm trying to get through the Endor level, and it's fun but hard. The difficulty level has definitely been upped for this game. Good stuff as usual.

11. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    If it was a normal freighter that would be fine. But look at what Han does with it in ESB and what Lando does in RotJ. It should handle alot better IMHO. The only time I get a fast response from it, is when a TIE bumps me into a wall to explode on my way to the core.

12. WindexedStormtrooper

Jun 11, 2001
    Regardless of whether it is a freighter or not, it sucks. It is supposed to be a bonus/award, but it sucks. The other vehicles you "win"?? They suck too (minus the naboo fighter). I'm just p'd that the bonus levels and new craft are supposed to be cool gifts for playing the game well, and they aren't even the least bit rewarding and aren't fun. Isn't "fun" supposed to be the object of the game?

btw, anybody know whereyou can pick up the seeker proton torpedoes?

13. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I must agree Windex. After unlocking the Falcon and Slave1 I was so happy that I did then when I played I was like oh is that all. Slave1 did help me get two golds though. On Ison and Kothis. A tip on using Slave1 on Kothis is make sure you take the intercepters out before thy get behind you. Just make sure you survive long enough to make it to the speeder.

14. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    The homing proton torpedoes are found on Revenge at Kothlis level.

When you get to the wrecked star destroyer, fly head on to its bridge. To the left of it's bridge there is a small hole that you can fly through, in there is the seeker torp bonus - but remember, you have to win the mission after picking it up to recieve the upgrade.

15. WindexedStormtrooper

Jun 11, 2001
    okay, how do you get the golds using Slave 1?? Is there some trick to using Slave 1 that I don't know about? I usually die within about 30 seconds when using it.

What about the TIE Advanced? Is there a way to get the torpedoes to be seeker torpedoes?

What about Yavin? Anybody played it and what is it like? What is after that level?

And the big question, are there craft in the game we don't know about yet??? And why is there the empty room in the hangar on the space levels?? Secrets in there perhaps?

16. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    They put the Jedi Starfighter in the game. They'll release the code after the movie comes out. *grin* j/k

Hey, they did it with the Naboo fighter. Maybe... maybe.

17. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    You get the seeker cluster missles on Battle of Endor.After Taking out the Star Deastroyer on the left wait for it to spin away then when it stops the upgrade should be near the hanger.

18. WindexedStormtrooper

Jun 11, 2001
    Thanks Pat-fett! Also, I tend to believe that theory about the Jedi fighter being unlocked at some point just as they did with the Naboo fighter in RS.

19. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I hope it's true. One of the X-wings changed to the Naboo fighter,so maybe the Jedi fighter takes the place of one of the A-wings. The colors match. Unless this is where the TIE Advanced goes.

20. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Just picked it up with my new Gamecube the other day...

WOW!!!!!!!!!

I'm currently on the first stage of the Endor battle, and I've gotta say this is as close to flying the movie as you're likely to get without the game designers actually using animated screen captures straight from the movies. Great, great stuff.

One question... I played the Shuttle Heist level last night and came across the little outpost with the TIE fighter parked outside. How do you steal it? Did they just neglect to put the Alliance symbol over the top of it, or is there some other special way to swap ships and grab it?

(And finally... is there anything cooler in any video game than making a head-on run against an almost scale sized Star Destroyer??? WOO-HOOO!!!) ;^)

21. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Yeah just kill the pilot heading for the TIE.

22. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    Ah, the simple solutions always elude me. ;)

Okay, racked up some more medals last night. What do you guys think... Death Star Escape or Asteroid Field? Which should I unlock?

23. Kesel

Kesel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1999
    I liked Asteroid Field better but if I was you I'd wait and get 30 bonus points so I could unlock Triumph of the Empire (the one above Strike at the Core).

24. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    Well, I've got over thirty bonus points, I just haven't managed to make it out of the core in one piece (and with the requisite bronze) yet.

But y'know, the weekend's coming up and all... ;)

(Seriously... thanks for the tip, man.)

25. WindexedStormtrooper

Jun 11, 2001
    okay, say that they actually DO give out a code for the Jedi fighter in the upcoming months, what are the chances that it's gonna suck donkey balls??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.