main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I just played Rogue Leader.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by ElfStar, Nov 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kesel

Kesel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1999
    For the seeker cluster missles; is the upgrade near the hanger of the Star Destroyer or Home 1?

2. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    If you're talking about on the "battle of Endor", its in the hanger of the left hand star destroyer. I got it after I destroyed it and it stoped "falling". You don't see it, just fly in and out of the hanger and you should hear that you got it.

3. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Does anybody have any tips or strategies for getting golds on the first death star level and Hoth? And please, no candy-ass gay answers like "kill as many enemies as possible in as little time as possible while still being accurate". I'm close to golds or already have them on every other level except these two; I'm not even close. I was just wondering if there was something I was missing on these levels that would make it easier to get golds on them. Any help would be beneficial; any feedback, useful. Thanks!

4. hoth-nudist

hoth-nudist Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    yo windex. to get the gold on DS attack I used this strategy:
    1) shoot as many small turrets surrounding the big towers as you can in part 1 while keeping a good speed pace. When approaching every tower ascend nice and high and slow down, it will make it easier to destroy the big towers 1st then the smaller turrets in one sweep and without turning around.
    2) during the tie fighter battle, I noticed that you can destroy formation ties in a pattern that prevents them from breaking up and thus saves time. when approaching a 4 or 5 tie formation, shoot the left outer tie 1st, then the right outer tie, then the next outer left, and next outer right, then the leader. This order will keep them in formation for easy picking so you dont have to chase 1 or 2 ties that broke formation. If you have homing torpedoes, you can use several to save time and chase, just as long as you keep 3 or 4 reserved for the exhaust port. Also it is necessary to dip to the ds surface to shoot turrets while in pursuit of ties. remember to close s-foils to speed things up
    3) during the trench run, shoot as many gun-turrets while closing s-foils between turrets. when ties approach your rear, ascend a little and speed up, when ties close in, dip and hit the breaks, allowing them to pass by and then blow them away. use same pattern with vaders tie except dont shoot at him. when the target shaft wall comes into view, rapidly shoot 3-4 torpedoes and immediately close s-foils for max speed and follow torpedoes in.
    As for hoth
    1) pick off as many probe droids as you can at the start. be selective of your shots for accuracy purposes.
    2)shoot 1st 3 atst's you see and take a left. head toward the next 3 atst's and try to take at least 2 of them out while passing. there will be a shuttle approaching carrying an atst container in the back. as the shuttle approaches the ground and drops container, shoot the shuttle, then the container, then the atst inside. head back to the previous atst's and destoy the remaining. quickly destroy atst's accompanying at-ats. and head for the front line battle. Take out the front 3 at-ats asap.
    3)when you are ordered to head to the transports for protective duty, take out as many probe droids as you can on the way. switch to x-wing. once inside the x-wing proceed straight ahead for about 3-4 seconds. then go upward and left. you should see the tie bombers and fighter descending from the sky to attack your transporters. once you get the hang of knowing where the ties come from, you can get the jump on them pretty quickly. Make sure you shoot regular ties as well for more kills and use homing torpedoes on the bombers. Whew! I hope this helps

5. hoth-nudist

Dec 5, 2000
    does anybody have a gold on endurance? i have a gold on everything else and a silver on endurance. Im looking for advice on which fighter to use. I tried the y=wing but its impossible to shake the interceptors when at wave 50+ I tried the xwing but I couldnt get as far as I could with the ywing. any tips?

6. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thanks a ton Hoth-nudist!! Just what I was looking for!!

7. Kesel

Kesel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1999
    It also helps your accuracy on the Hoth level to shot the AT-ATs as you approach. It doesn't do any damage but it will raise accuracy a bit.

8. hoth-nudist

Dec 5, 2000
    YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA! BOOYEAH! BOOYEAH! I now have ALL 15 gold medals! Just did it tonite. Gold on endurance took me 3 hours and 6 minutes. I destroyed 1595 ties in 99 waves. And get this, the final wave 100 you fly against vaders' fighter. he talks some trash with you but he's really not difficult to beat. after I destroyed him, the narator dude says "unstoppable!" along with something else,(im not sure cause I was just shocked that I made it through all the waves). the reward is that vaders tie is unlocked for use on the regular missions now and not just the imperial ones. I set the game on "ace" mode and there is a new medal to obtain. Its blue with gold trim. I scored one on "Ison corridor" but I didnt get any points added so Im not sure what to do

9. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    I just got it yesterday for Christmas. It's awesome!

However, I can't seem to beat Level 4 (Prisons of Maw or whatever)...not including Tatooine...

Does anyone have any tips on how to beat it? I have advanced lasers and shields...

10. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Are there any planned releases for codes to the game?

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes! Finally got it.

I got it yesterday and managed to make it up to Strike at the Core. I only have 6 bronzes and 1 silver, though. Ah... I've only had it for a single day.

How do you keep that retarded Falcon from exploding? I've tried everything. I stay near it, I get battered. I stay away from it to shoot the TIEs, it dies. I do both... it still dies. Stupid Lando.

And I've only unlocked that TIE Fighter. Only good thing about it is its targeting computer (which I don't use points for using) and its rapid fire.

I just wish I had the patience to beat Tatooine training.

12. Master_Beerstalker

Master_Beerstalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2001
    once you know what to do on tatooine training it only takes you about an hour to beat. However, as I found out, you have to beat strike at the core before you can fly the naboo fighter.

And if you like the tie, then you'll really like the Naboo N-1. It has the same rapid fire, but adds in shields and proton torpedoes. I myself am not a big fan of the weak, rapid fire lasers though.

13. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    Harumph...

I've had the game for almost a month, and I'm stuck on The Battle of Endor. I have 3 silvers a bunch of bronzes, but no Golds yet...though I was close. I have the first special mission but I haven't unlocked any of the special ships. I also have almost all the powerups (adv. Shields, lasers, homing torps, etc.) I dont have the advancd targeting comp tho, how do u get that?

14. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    go to www.cheatplanet.com

Although it doesn't have any other passcodes than in the thread, it tells where all the powerups are.

15. hoth-nudist

Dec 5, 2000
    Ok I need just the endurance mission to obtain the last blue medal from 'ace' difficulty. Tieface, where on prisons of the maw are you stuck? When you make it to the prisons, just make sure you follow your radar and destroy those rapid fire gunports at each facility. the advanced cluster missiles are located just beyond the weapons storage building. after you defeat the weapons storge area follow the road for a little bit. It will take a sort right and stay right and you should run into a communications tower sitting next to an enviroinmental dome. bomb the environmental dome and the icon wil appear.
    admiraljello, on strike at the core I try to stay pretty low while picking off the gunports and ties that follow the weeny falcon. after a while you can just pass lando and head for the entrance inside the ds. once inside immediately fire, cause there are already 3 ties on landos rear at the start. It takes plenty of practice and patience for this level, believe me.
    darthparth, on the battle for endor, just stay close to the medical frigate while the ties are attacking and defend it. when the bombers arrive, it helps to use your targeting computer in order to locate and destroy them since you must do so to keep the frigate and the mission going. sometimes Ill use homing torpedoes on them as they approach to take several out. when time comes to take on the star destroyers, I approach from the right side and make hit-and-run shots at the generators on both of the star destroyers. and make sure to press the repair button on the thumb pad of the controller when the icon pops up on the upper left corner of your screen. having advanced shields really help on that level too. If you dont have the advanced shields, they are located on level 1 death star attack. you get them while destroying the ties and it is located on the ds surface. At the start of the tie fight, take a about a 5-10 degree turn to the left and fly low too keep a lookout for the icon. the advanced targeting computer is located in strike at the core, inside the ds. right before you and lando reach the power core, there are sets of pipes on the lower right side. the icon is located under these pipes so you will have to fly under the pipe to obtain it. hope this helps

16. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Actually, I got the advanced targeting computer by skimming over the top of the pipes. Give it a try.

17. CabDriverOnCoruscant

CabDriverOnCoruscant Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2000
    hey guys....I don't understand the objective on Prisons of Maw....I get to that force field and I cant blow up the projectors! Whats the trick to using the Ion cannon? Does it shoot underneath the ship? If I fly over the shield I get bllown up,,,if I shoot the floating things in a grid formation, I blow up. And are you supposed to destroy all those long ships just floating in front of the shield? THanks!

18. Master_Beerstalker

Master_Beerstalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2001
    To use the ion cannon you must hold down the 'B' button until the blue bars next to your secondary weapon status are full. This is the same place your speed boost builds up on other ships.

Use the ion cannon to knock out three of the shield generators. You have to get fairly close to them to hit them though. Then its on the hard part of the mission, protecting the stupid prisoners. I do well enough on everything to get a gold medal except I keep losing to many friendlies, so I cant even get the darn silver.

I'm up to 1 gold, 9 silvers, and 2 bronze. And all upgrades except the targeting computer. I had a hard enough time beating the core, let alone get the upgrade.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    1 gold. 6 silvers and 2 bronze.

I've gotten past that part in Strike the Core, but now I keep hitting stuff when I'm trying to get out of that stupid Death Star.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.