main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I just registered - Hi!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by YVH, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YVH

YVH Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2007
    Although I've lurked around beforehand, this is my first time on here with an account.

I've just recently became a Star Wars fan, this past summer. Beforehand, I'd seen a few seconds of ROTS at camp, and I vaguely remember watching TPM when I was too little to understand anything about what was going on on the screen in front of me, and I'd once found an old old old old falling-apart copy of the novelisation for the original movie, which, according the date on it, had been made before ESB was released. But somewhere around June 2007, one of my little brother's friends came over to our house with Lego Star Wars, and then my brother went online and bought Lego Star Wars and then Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy. And then I bought Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. And eventually this led to me watching all 6 movies and buying the novelisations (Having lost the novelisation for ANH some time ago) and eventually finding Wookieepedia and, from there, both this forum and the Expanded Universe, both of which I'd had no idea of beforehand. I don't have much EU material (A few NJO books, two LOTF books, and some of my brother's childrens books), but I'm planning to buy more soon.

I have an annoying habit of making bad puns (I nearly named my account "Shopping Maul"), so beware.

Finally, I've read that flaming is not allowed. Does this rule extend to flaming SuperShadow?

2. SithLord_Danny

SithLord_Danny Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2007
    Hello, YVH! :)
    Let me be the first to welcome you to these forums.
    Glad to have you onboard!
    I'm sure you'll have a great time around here getting to know your fellow SW fans...

lol [face_laugh] , "Shopping Maul", that's funny.

And, no I don't think that no flaming rule extends to the likes of SuperShadow. :p

One more thing, Beware of the YJCC! [face_skull]

3. YVH

Dec 16, 2007
    *looks up YJCC on the glossary*

I should? Why?

4. Cinnamon_Windu

Cinnamon_Windu Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 10, 2005
    Welcome, YVH! :) "Shopping Maul" made me LOL. I imagined Darth Maul looking at robes in a store.

Super who?! :p

YJCC: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villiany--unless you venture into Comms. [face_skull]

I'm also an EU fan. Perhaps we can chat about it.

5. SithLord_Danny

Sep 25, 2007
    [face_laugh] Isn't that something?

I think he means, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. :p

Haha, so true!

When posting there be careful 'cause it can get pretty rowdy!

Nice name by the way! YVH, is that short for something or are they just random letters?

6. SithLord_Danny

Sep 25, 2007
    The YJCC

This should help clarify a few things. ;)

7. Cinnamon_Windu

Cinnamon_Windu Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 10, 2005
    Ah, Voldemort. :p

8. SithLord_Danny

Sep 25, 2007
    Cue The Imperial March.

9. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    Welcome YVH!

Shopping Maul, ROTFL[face_laugh] That's great. Yes it does put some disturbing images into the scary depths of my mind, but that's still awesome!

10. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    SuperShadow still exists? I haven't heard of that site/person for a long time. To be sure about flaming SuperShadow I would contact a Mod. They can answer your question in every detail. But until you get an answer, I would go with 'say your opinion, but don't use the forbitten words or flame anyone'. ;)

If you're interested in the EU and books, why don't you take a look at the EU boards. There you can find reviews about the books and peoples opinion about it. :)

Enjoy your stay and see you around! :D

11. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    SuperShadow is a scourge that must be stopped![face_plain]

And welcome to the forums. Hope you stay here for a long time.:)

12. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    SuperShadow....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The person guilty of getting me to believe stupid lies when I was just starting to venture into the SW world. Messed me up pretty bad.:(

I just want to[face_beatup] [face_beatup] [face_beatup] [face_beatup] [face_beatup]

13. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I discovered him in late 2004. He is pure evil. I will get you someday, Mickey Suttle![face_skull]

14. YVH

Dec 16, 2007
    The Comms? Who are they? And their problem is...?

My first name starts with a Y, but I gave myself my username because "Meatbag" was taken or otherwise unavailable, and the next thing that popped into my mind was the YVH (Yuuzhan-Vong Hunter) battle droids used during the Vong War.

I don't mind my username, but if I wanted to change it to ShoppingMaul, is there a place I could do so at?

So, ShoppingMaul wasn't such a bad, groan-inducing pun after all? Amazing.

15. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Comms (Communication) is a board, where you can discuss various topics about the whole forum with other users and mods. It's also the place where you can post technical problems and where you can find the ModSquad Update (a thread about the various topics the mods discuss in their private board, posted every second week) and other useful stuff. You can find it here. :)

Sadly you can't change your username, but you can create a new account for ShoppingMaul and start using this one as your primary account. :)

And if you like the name, I would create it - no matter if you use it all the time or just as your sock for special events. ;) :)

16. YVH

Dec 16, 2007
    Okay - one last thing. When were the boards created?

17. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    I Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy Far Away.

:D Sorry, couldn't resist. btw Welcome

18. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    '98 would be the year. They weren't the same boards, mind you. These boards, I think, came about in June or July of 2000. Before then, there were sometimes boards and sometimes not boards, dependent upon whether the servers were crashing. Good times, really.

Welcome to the boards, and, as stated previously, watch out for the YJCC. You have to have a lower IQ to post there. It's kind of elitist.

19. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    Thats not true. You just need to post there if you want a higher post count, but you can keep your sanity. Look at me.

20. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Point not proven. [face_plain]

21. Zelda_Skywalker

Zelda_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2005
    welcome. beware the JCC, the SWC is fun, the costumes forum is fun....and if you ever wanna talk to someone, feel free to PM me. :]

and shopping maul....that's hilarious. XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.