main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ I just saw 'Revenge of the Sith'

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by DrMaul, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Mel, shush.

SPOILERS WILL FOLLOW

Of course it was a fantastic movie. I was just being a goof Damolay. //shrugs// I duno, it's like Return of the King (OMG LOTR TALK), it's kind of melloncholy(SP?) It was great, but SW is over for ever...

I loved it, and being spoiler free was kinda cool, not knowing what was about to happen, unlike Clones that a knew some major things. I guess it just crept up on me and I wasn't that fussed, being busy with work and real life things...

All in all, I thought it was a great movie. Not sure, about my favourite of all 6.

Personally, some things didn't work.

More time was needed for the conversion of Ani. I thought that was a little too quick and easy for Palpy.

More on wookies kicking arse (just cause they could have been fantastic. All I remember is two swinging onto a boat and planting a mine and jumping off. And Chewie giving yoda a piggyback ride)

Padme's pregnancy time was a bit weird. It seemed like it took a week or so... but she got prego and then was huge, then gave birth...

//shrugs//

maybe after a few more veiwings things will fall into place more smoothly.

2. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    is there any way on earth to make SFL happy???

Yes, it involves mayonaise and a toaster [face_laugh]

3. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Years from now a Doctor will tell me I have an IQ of 48, and am what some people call "metally retarded".

4. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    WOW is all I can say, the emotion was rushed and a bit pushed. and I didin't think the Mace - Sidious fight was that great... But everything else was freaking awesome!

5. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I thought one of the coolest fights was Obi-Wan vs Grievous. Taken down by a blaster! "so uncivilised!" heh.

6. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    awesome film.
    though I would love to talk to GL about changing a couple of things I really really liked it.
    going to see it again in 2 hours 40 mins ;)

-Mel

7. akasha_ishtar

akasha_ishtar Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    Well I have gone to it twice in 24 hours and I love it that much I want to see it again.

It was so cool, I just can't get over it, I would have to say it is one of the best movies I have ever seen.

8. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah it was great :) Really intense and much darker just as they said it would be. Even made me cry too, so much death and destruction.

9. lord_draknargh

lord_draknargh Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Okay so I am a little new to this so bare with me. I have just seen to most eagerly awaited movie of my life time. I have been a rabid Star wars fan since I was 5 years old, having collected all the toys and caring for them with passion (and playing with them often) I have seen ANH over 5000 times and continue to watch it once a week now. I had to bide my time and wait for the release. I stood inline at midnight with alot of cool and crazy fans (another great thing about the SW genre, passionate people) The buzz was electric, and the gorilla guy was a scream. got the tickets. got into the theatre and thought "here we go, history in the making.

So I came out of the movie 2 1/2 hours later thinking that is the worse crap I have ever seen in my entire life, my heart was in my boots and I all could think of was the feeling of betrayal. So I had another ticket for the next session. "perhaps I was not awake enough, or low blood sugar perhaps" so I sugared and caffined up and went around again. Nope I was not wrong, I loved TPM nad AOTC but this left me cold and dead. Something was missing, so I gave away my tickets for the next sessions and walked home (14 Km's away).

Now I dont know if it was just me or if there was something not right. If anyone out there can shed some light on this it would be great. but here I sit organising my collection and getting everything ready to ship it to the states for sale. my heart has been broken and I can no longer stand there waving the George Lucas flag. Has anyone had this feeling please, I need to know why this movie does not work. I know the movie is dark (i am as black as they come)

so here I stand with the boxes full and ready. waiting for the answer.

10. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    The answer is: get a car. Only hobo's walk 14km's :p

Na, you're wrong. And I feel for you. It's a personal thing, so if you didn't like it. That's it. There is no answer.

My suggestion, if you truely feel that sad. Sell your stuff, get the money, and buy a car. :)

11. Jeff_Fett

Jeff_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    Buy a Holden

12. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    good advice

and dont forget to see a shrink just in case ;)

-Mel

13. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    hey guys, just checking in from Copenhagen, Denmark.

Vanessa and I saw ROTS last night at the midnight screening here. Wow. The whole shebang was amazing. It was at the biggest cinema in Denmark, with a massive screen and digital projection. It seemed like about a third of the audience was in costume, including heaps of 501st guys. M&Ms were a major sponsor of the event, and on every seat on the cinema there was a bag of Peanut M&Ms and a glow stick, in either red or blue. As the light went off everyone craked their glow sticks and waved them in the air like mini lightsabres. The crowd was totally nuts, screaming, cheering, clapping ... way more OTT than the midnight screenings I've been to in Auckland.

As for the film, I thought it was brilliant. A few minor quibbles (like, why not just pay Liam Neeson to reprise his role as Qui Gon, rather than just allude to it in the final moments of the film) but the whole thing was spectacular, and a lot more moving than Episodes I & II. Thankfully it was in English with Danish subtitles, and not dubbed like the Germans do it. (Sorry Mel, but that just jas to be the stupidest thing in the world!) The opening crawl and the 'A Long time ago ...' bit was in Danish though, which was a bit weird.

Anyway, better get back to holidaying ... hope all's well back in NZ

14. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    yeah I hate us dubbing all kinds of things as well. no surprise I am at the theatre every week here ;)

sounds like quite a crowd you got there. you kiwis are not that enthusiastic I must say :(

-Mel

15. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    (like, why not just pay Liam Neeson to reprise his role as Qui Gon, rather than just allude to it in the final moments of the film)

Qui-Gon had lines in the screenplay ... I'm not sure what happened, whether he recorded them and they cut them out, or whether he wasn't available to record.

16. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Lord_drak...

Are you kidding?? :eek:

This movie rocks, you must have had your head up your a** for 2 hours or something. I cannot even begin to comprehend just *** you are on about. Is it possible you were had hot boxing it with your hobo freinds under a bridge before you went to see it??

The fact that you would walk 14kms at ANYTIME, no matter what the circumstances leads me to believe that you are indeed disturbed, you don't happen to like mayonnaise in a toaster do you??

:D

17. lord_draknargh

May 17, 2005
    nice to see you think so much of hobos, and who said goodness was dead. I have found the answer to the question. I would explain it to you all but you are fans of star wars and cannot understand (like I said passionate, and it would appear also to be nasty, but thats just because you are kiwi's).

so, to you all enjoy the movies (yes the rumour mill talks about more to come) and the TV show next year. have fun, be cool. and thanks for the help

18. Avalon-nz

Avalon-nz Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    Lord Drak,

Wow - Ive yet to meet anyone else who didnt like it! Even some of my UK friends who utterly loathe 1&2 are raving about this one. (Apart from the rather weak "Noooooooo" at the end)

The only thing I can come up with is that you liked 1&2! Now so far - amongst all my SW friends - they hate 1&2 and love 3 - ao maybe its just that 3 is so different. (Hope that mde sense.)

One question - why are you selling stuff in the US and not here??????

Hxxx

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Once again, 2DARKWITHIN?

:p

na, just saying "kiwi's" and not slagging a minority, and sticking up for hobos... lol

Well mate, I feel for ya. I'd love to hear your reason for turning your back on SW because of this one film.

20. Jeff_Fett

Jeff_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    Well its your loss Lord Drak. Not a lot wrong with that episode. EP 1 & 2 I had only a couple issues with

21. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    There really are people who hated ROTS. Go to the 3SA, there are people saying they loved EpI but hated EpIII... oh well, whatever rocks your boat. But if I was such a die-hard fan and got so disappointed this time, I'd boycott any SW internet forum so I don't have to hear how everyone else loved it. ;)

Hey at least we're talking about Star Wars. :)

22. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    yes we absolutely are. this movie so rocked , but like with all the other star wars movies there are things I dont like about it.

but RotS makes the whole saga richer and more tragic and poignant. I cant wait to see them all in a row

*stack up pile of kleenex*

-Mel

23. lord_draknargh

May 17, 2005
    to answer many questions with one breath here goes first:

Avalon-nz:
    I bought all of my collectibles in the states from a few collectors I have know since I was young, I feel alot better about them going back to these guys as I know they will cherise them and they have offered a far better rate than what anyone in NZ can offer. plus some of the collection is loose and presented in artistic form (short version think stormtoopers and rebels that have been stepped on by AT-AT leaving bloody footprints) and they find my sense of humour richly disturbing and can handle the sick and twisted implications.

SithForceLord:
    I had seen the re packaged version of the first trilogy for the DVD boxset. Gl had ripped the sound effects apart and replace them will junk, that and a snot coloured jabba left me feeling sick. I understand his point of view of wanting to finsih things but most of the great masterpieces of art are never finished. In a way that makes them even greater, open to each viewers perception. I was very nervous about this movie falling below standard and becoming another wreck. 6 months ago I started to see the beginning of the marketing for the movie and it look absolutely awesome. I was pumped and believed that the bad run of Lucas was over. playing some of the games to come out only furthered by belief that this was to be a beautiful masterpiece. to be held up as what happens when someone works independant of hollywood. Then thursday came and it felt like my guts and heart had been ripped out and tossed. I left the cinema in complete dismay unable to fathom this feeling. I saw it again thinking perhaps I missed something but no matter how I watched and tried to get into it the same empty feeling occured when the end credits rolled. I walked home cause I was in shock to what I had seen and felt, trying to process everything (that and I was broke, all my money had been tied in seeing the movie for 12 hours straight)

Once the dust settled emptiness was replaced with disgust, I looked at my collection and decided that this "piece of crap" (personal view) would not cloud my mind so I am tossing it in favour of using the moeny to fund my career. do some good with it a create my own dreams. I know that alot of you cant see this. and that is cool with me, we all have different perceptions, I was just looking for others who might have the answer (and I have found others, some fans even more rabid than me)

-Winter-
    this is the first time I have been on the message boards, I have never had a reason to go near them before and doubt that I will again. talking like this not my deal. but like you said what ever cranks your dial.

TheEmperorsProtege
    thanks for the tip sweetie, but seeing a shrink is not the answer. but it is nice that you care so much. tell you what, once I have the designs completed give us a shout and I will fit you up wtih a imperial guard outfit its the least I can do, to keep you hidden from this world. (genuine offer)

I think that nearly takes care of everyone oh wait, solo77 well pretty boy lets just say this I do hope we get to meet in person one day. I bet my soul (if I had one) that you would be another one of the tough talkers and even louder screamers I love to play with. and who knows it might get me another TRO.

failing one of you posters the rest of you have been a great help, interesting and crazy like i said (compliment). You might just hear from me again but dont hold your breath,

one last thing WInter and Sithforcelord the offer of outfits for TheEmperorsProtege is also valid for you, I might not be collecting but I will be looking into making the outfits for the fans (always a market for fungear) at a cheap price ( the kiwi way)

24. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    drak, its sad hearing about your believe being squashed and you beig so disappointed that you're even giving away your massive collection :_|

maybe in the future you will look differently on ROTS and all will be well or you will move on to "greener pastures". anyway good luck with that [:D]

-Mel

25. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Well I went to see it at the Circle Lounge about 24 hours ago.

Out of all the Star Wars openings I've been to (Special Editions and two other prequels) I have been the most negligent with this. Firstly, I ended up being spoiled for the plot. I didn't read the screenplay but I still pretty much knew the basic elements of how things transpires. Next, I didn't even go to a midnight screening with fellow fans. I guess I just thought it would be a good idea to go to a comfortable theatre and left the bookings until too late seeing I was letting my brother handle that. Definately wasn't a good idea to have drinks at uni before getting picked up. I probably shouldn't have ordered a drink at the theatre too. At the theatre, we waited around at 6:20 and asked the pretty ticket girl who was dressed as Leia what time exactly the movie starts, only to find it had already started. We really didn't do our homework for this one. I walked in around the time the Jedi reach Palpatine and Dooku appraoches them.

During the movie it occured to me that the acting isn't what I wanted to be, yet that's the same as every other Star Wars movie. Some of the parts on Mustafar did look like a videogame, or did it? What does a real lava planet look like? Did the Emporer even beat Yoda? When Anakin was talking about "his" Empire, and Obi-Wan said "YOUR Empire?" - that was great, I laughed at that line. Was it supossed to be played for humor? I'm glad Vader is an awkward weirdo psychopath and not some cartoonish supervillain. Speaking of which, why was Palpatine so keen on having an apprentice more powerful than him? Well hey, at least I'm not so much of a Star Wars nut that I now have a ridiculous of merchandise to sell off.

Wait, wait, wait. Wait. I'm don't want to nitpick this movie like some chronic basher. A few years ago I used to uselessly devote so much energy to debating bashers on the AotC spoiler forums. What did Obi-Wan say? "...now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy."

"Oh, no!"

First of all let me clear up that I'm actually a big fan of cartoon supervillainy. Obi-Wan was awesome. My eyes welled up when he told Anakin that he loved him. "What should we do, Master Anakin" also got to me, as that kids accent reminded me of my nephew. It was a good film. As long as this story will be remembered through many, many ages to come (as I predict it will be) I suppose it was worth the wait to see completed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.