main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ I just saw 'Revenge of the Sith'

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by DrMaul, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Saw it yesterday and loved it. It had it's cheesy moments but what is SW without a few? Overall very pleased, even knowing what was going to happening to Anakin you couldn't help but wish him not to make those decisions. Having thought about it for a bit now i'm left needing one more movie. Like a junkie who's just had his last fix there is a need for more. Something that will expand on the next 20 years as Vader grows and develops into his suited role. How he copes with his loss, both of Padme and his physical loss. Also Palpatine's attitude and reaction to Vader now that he no longer has the agile, athletic warrior he developed over 10 years.

We can only hope...

2. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    I'm hoping for more EU and the tv series ;)

-Mel

3. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I just love it when people come along and bash things. They get all fired up and post things like 'this movie sux' and 'why didn't George do this' etc.

Drak, sure you're entitled to your opinion i can't deny you of that. How about putting down some points as to WHY you did not enjoy this movie instead of your mindless bashing. It always intrigues me as to why people who HATE something would go to all the effort of coming here and telling people they hate it, what a waste of ****** time, unless there is a reason..... i think you're just pulling the sympathy card... i hate this movie, i am so disillusioned, yap yap, BTW i have a big collection i need to sell" that my friend is some GREAT advertising.

nearly takes care of everyone oh wait, solo77 well pretty boy lets just say this I do hope we get to meet in person one day. I bet my soul (if I had one) that you would be another one of the tough talkers and even louder screamers I love to play with. and who knows it might get me another TRO.

Well i see my reputation preceeds me and i must say i am flattered, but sorry i don't swing that way. As for being all talk i suggest you BRING IT, as i am not a pussy hiding behind an anoymous username, and have the scars to prove it!

But as you said you're never coming back here i guess you'll never get to read these inciteful comments, so if i do happen to see a response, then i guess you're more than just a jacka** you're also a liar....

Peace out, A town.

ps i'm sorry i didn't put a ZERO on the ROTS poll, i take it that is why you haven't voted!

4. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Star Wars III 1/2

Rise of an Empire

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yea, JP said to me the other day, having not seen this movie yet (and he calls himself a fan?!) That this new trilogy should have left out Ep 1, and started with Ani being older. Darth Maul was a nothing character. If there was an Ep 1 like we have, Count Dooku should have been the Sith and grown his character and escaped at the end after killing Qui-gon.

I think it's an interesting thought, but I guess I'm content. But more of Vader as Vader should have been in Ep 3, or like SWNZ says, another movie. :)

Anyone else go: this is weird, when Ani was being called Vader without the vader suit? I was like, that just sounds WRONG!

lol
    edit = Solo; easy pretty boy! Take a deep breath. :p

5. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    I so love it that anakin gets called vader without the suit. I used to think that part of him having the suit would be disguise so people wont see he is a former jedi

-Mel

6. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    [voice of authority]Hey guys - go easy on the newbies OK. this forum is for eveyone to express their opinion (however strage it may be). you are welcome to disagree with them but please do so without the scathing remarks.[/voice of authority]

as for Anakin becoming Vader before the suit - loved it. I knew it was going to happen that way before I went into the cinema, but wasnt sure at what stage he would 'turn'. one thing that made me think (wendy pointed this out to me) when Ani did o'l Mace in, he said "what have I done?". then, soon after he is pledging himself to the emperor. seemed a bit sudden, maybe he shouldnt have said that?

My justification is that the emperor is feeding off his aggression and using the power of the dark side to control his thoughts and feelings while his mind is vulnerable.

7. Avalon-nz

Avalon-nz Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    I was horrifeied at the thought of a Tv series! (Visions of a SW "Franchise" a la Star Trek jusy gave me the heebie jeebies). But Im warming to the idea. Its just soooo sad that this is meant to be the end. I really want to know more about what happens to these people.

Just as long as it doesnt turn into Trek (not that I hate trek - just it got a bit dull after TNG)

Hxxx

8. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    I don't think it will turn into trek - Lucas will still be 'in charge' I'm sure. after the story development in the Clone Wars series I'm really looking forward to it.

9. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Chans, yeah sweet as bro i'll take it easy.

I just get so upset when people call me a pretty boy without first getting to know the person inside, why must people always judge books by their cover :p [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Actually i wrote that post while i was at work so i was obviously drunk

10. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    solo77 posted on 5/23/05 2:25am

I just get so upset when people call me a pretty boy without first getting to know the person inside, why must people always judge books by their cover [face_tongue] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    [hr][/blockquote]

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I hope the series wont turn into trek. they should just tell the story they wanna tell and then its over. please dont drag it on for over 10 years..... [face_shame_on_you]

-Mel

11. Darth_Mordan

Darth_Mordan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    So it was "Good" but if it was the best Movie...then wouldn't A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, & Return of the Jedi, just be an anticlimax?

12. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    I find it weird saying this or that one is the best given star wars is a 6 part movie series ;)

-Mel

13. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    welcome to the Boards, Darth Mordan. enjoy your stay!

I hate picking my 'favourite' movie. i'd find it really difficult rating all six from best to worst, two separate trilogy categories would be easier.

14. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Re weirdness of Anakin being called Vader without the suit, I don't think it's weird at all, the fact that he was in the suit means he fought with Obi-Wan, because he turned to the Dark Side... it makes perfect sense. :p Although it does sound a little backwards, heh.

*goes back into lurking*

15. Avalon-nz

Avalon-nz Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    I agree that it IS odd. 28 years of knowing Vader was the "Bad guy in the black Maks and Helmet!" means its indellibly etched on my being that Vader = Cool Black costume. The name Vader just doesnt sound right when attached to a rather good looking young man ;)

Hxxx

16. BH2776

BH2776 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    You should see the debate/flame war that the 501st is having over Anakin/Vader! There seems to be a major bug on wether the Anakin costume can be classed as an 'evil' character.

17. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    BH2776 posted on 5/24/05 10:00pm
    You should see the debate/flame war that the 501st is having over Anakin/Vader! There seems to be a major bug on wether the Anakin costume can be classed as an 'evil' character.
    [hr][/blockquote]

you gotta be kidding Dean. of course the anakin/vader costume is an evil one [face_mischief] [face_devil] the only difference is the way the face looks. so whoever is walking around lord vader without the cool black costume better have a decent SITH GRIMACE on his face [face_mischief]

-Mel

18. Darth_Mordan

May 13, 2005
    I think Anakin's costume SHOULD be classed as an "evil" caracter, Though provided it is within the lines of E3...My reasons for this is that when Anakin attacked Mace he was not dressed as "Vader" and he also entered the Jedi temple and killed jedi and "Younglings" (which is NOT the way of a Jedi) in his robes. This to me says that it is not the costume of Vader that says he's "Evil" but the actions for which he did, weither in Jedi Robes or Vader suit.

19. Jeff_Fett

Jeff_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    and the clone troops. where dose the 501st put them?

20. BH2776

May 11, 2005
    Ep2 Clonetroopers seem to be accepted to both the 501st and the Rebel Legion. While I personally haven't seen a Rebel Legion Clone, this is what has been said in the debate.

Ep3 Clones are definately be part of the 501st, since they do some nasty deeds! :p

My view is that while Anakin is named Darth Vader and wears his Jedi robes for a time on screen, there is not enough difference to say that he's evil or not as a costume. Vader in nearly everyone's mind is the tall black armored heavy breather. Not the poster boy. :)
    Also another sign of a sith is the red Lightsaber blade, and Anakin doesn't have that before he becomes 'more machine than man'.

The fact remains that the 501st is mainly composed of Helmeted characters, except for the Imperial Officers and such. And apart from Darth Maul's, and Emperor's which have face altering make-up there is only one Sith Lord with a 'normal' face. Dooku. If you look through the 501st roster I believe that there is only on Dooku there. Please note I'm not including the EU characters that are members here.

I personally have no problem with someone making an Anakin costume, grabbing some contacts, and calling themselves Vader. But in an event situation, a Vader makes more of an impact than an Anakin.

These are my opinions and not those of the 501st. So don't go qouting this as the have all and end all!

21. Avalon-nz

Avalon-nz Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    Hmm interesting - but havent they noticed that Anakin doesnt wear normal Jedi Robes anyway? Surely that makes it easier to add him to teh ranks of "Evil" Characters?

I mean - whats with the leather jerkin (Nice!), and then theres the cloak. Obi Wan wears Brown Robes, with voluminous sleeves - as do most of the Jedi. But Anakin seems to waer a Cloak - and while im sure its still brown - its so dark as to be nearly black. There were several points - even in AOTC where I thought "Wow - he's walking like Vader in that Cloak".

Just my 2p worth!

Hxxx

22. BH2776

May 11, 2005
    Well you have a Twilek Jedi who's not wearing robes (but damn hot!), Yoda isn't wearing standard Jedi robes, Anakin's robes are closer to the Jedi Standard than some, and if you're gonna use the way he walks and looks, then look at Mace. That guy looks evil, but in more of a hard-arse way than Anakin's whiny-boy evil in AOTC.

23. Darth_Mordan

May 13, 2005
    BH2776...at a breif glance I counted 4 "Count Dooku's" on the 501st members page...

24. BH2776

May 11, 2005
    4 huh? A bit more than I saw last time I trawled through the members.

25. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    Avalon-nz posted on 5/24/05 11:38pm
    Hmm interesting - but havent they noticed that Anakin doesnt wear normal Jedi Robes anyway? Surely that makes it easier to add him to teh ranks of "Evil" Characters?

I mean - whats with the leather jerkin (Nice!), and then theres the cloak. Obi Wan wears Brown Robes, with voluminous sleeves - as do most of the Jedi. But Anakin seems to waer a Cloak - and while im sure its still brown - its so dark as to be nearly black. There were several points - even in AOTC where I thought "Wow - he's walking like Vader in that Cloak".

Just my 2p worth!

Hxxx
    [hr][/blockquote]

I agree. thats what I loved about his costume ever since I had first seen it online before aotc came out. it was darker. depending on teh light it was really black.... all the other jedi pretty much wear warm or light colors. but not anakin ;)

-Mel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.