main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ I just saw 'Revenge of the Sith'

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by DrMaul, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BH2776

BH2776 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    Anakin's robes are different yes, but only in material colors. The cut of his robes in AOTC is a standard Jedi design, if you have the visual dictionary for AOTC. You'll find that Shaak Ti has some very dark colors and a completely different style of Robe. Hell Barriss Offee has completely black robes!

The debate will continue until a decision is made. But I don't think that Anakin should be accepted to the 501st, he is welcome in the Rebel Legion.

2. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
  3. Darth_Mordan

Darth_Mordan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    heard of the SithSyndicate? Apparently it's a group created for those not able to be apart of the 501st? or as opposition to it?
    But this forum is about seeing Revenge of the Sith......Isn't it?!

4. BH2776

May 11, 2005
    I would ask what their reasons are for not being in the 501st? If it's because of the quality of their costumes I worry about what they look like! If it's for political reasons that's fine, the American branch has it problems with different opinions and how to enforce their rules.

I feel the NZ branch is a bit different in it's outlook and operation.

5. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    The 'Sith Syndicate' is a costuming group for 'dark force users' - like the opposite to the Jedi Assembly. Any dark side character - from games, EU, or original characters (like black versions of jedi etc) are allowed to join. It was created because of the lack of a place within current costuming groups for these sorts of original/non-cannon costumes, with the 501st only really allowing the 4 sith from the films.

Then there's the 'Grand Army of the Republic' - the costuming group set up for clones troopers (and Jedi/other prequel characters), to provide a place for clone trooper costumers to go without the debate of 'being evil or not', and with the 501st being primarily OT-based.

6. Darth_Mordan

May 13, 2005
    it would probly be because of there costumes....Though I noticed there is a Outpost in the Middle east?? United Arab Emirates Outpost...So I'd guess that there WOULD be some political issues within the 501st...Being a New Zealander has alot more freedoms and advantages tham most credit. It would be hard to police within the 501st but there are rules/charter.....

7. BH2776

May 11, 2005
    Thanks AnariaZar-Rel,

That's some good info!

Now I'm thinking that the turn I made in this thread has taken it rather off topic.. could the mods make a new thread and throw all this across? Or maybe just dump it into the 501st thread!

8. Darth_Mordan

May 13, 2005
    Great AnariaZar-Rel didn't even know about that....
    Good Idea about the off topic related posts...

9. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    FFNZ topics rarely stay on topic long.

Usually because SFL goes off on crazy tangents :p

10. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea, enough of this bollocks talk about costumes.

Anyone see The Simpsons the other night? (kidding)

Seriously, I'm not interested in sifting through conversations about groups of geeks around the world. Make a new thread, leave this for talk about ROTS.

MAEK M3 A 4DM1N!1!1!111!1!1

11. BH2776

May 11, 2005
    God no... that would be a fate worst than death!! :p

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I'll spew on you. I've been crook a few times lately. I could probably rustle one up...

;)

13. BH2776

May 11, 2005
    That would be a impressive vomit throw. since I live on a different island than you!

..... well I hope I'm in a different island!

but still.... ewwww!

14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    oh, look. Off topic again. Yay! At least I'm part of this conversation, therefore it is ok! :)

I was at shooting last night. 3rd detail wasn't too good. Then mid-conversation with a guy I ran out side and power chucked dinner. It was impressive, and I truely believe with some more of that dodgy dinner, and practice... I could reach Wellington. If not, when I get down there later in the year for a drinking weekend with Solo, I'm sure I'll be able to display my fine talent, all over your shoes. ;) :)

15. BH2776

May 11, 2005
    I'll buy a new pair in honor of the occasion!

What color will we aim for the vomit being? I have to get just the right shoe color to set it off!

16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Bare feet would be the best.

How come Mace goes in to arrest Palpy with 3 other Jedi, and the first two get a can o' whoopass opened up on them?

I was hoping for a 4 on 1 smack down...

And in the OT, Ben tells Luke 'Vader helped hunt down the jedi' across the galaxy. He just slaughtered a few kids... I was hoping for more of that action, not useless clones turning on them.

/\ yea, I'm bashing bit's of ROTS. :(

17. Avalon-nz

Avalon-nz Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    Isnt that because not all the Jedi were caught in the first round - I thought some escaped?

Hxxx

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    oh... I vaguely recall something about sending a message telling others to stay away. Yes?

oh, fair enough then...

19. Darth_Mordan

May 13, 2005
    Funny to see that the topic still hasn't reached the tittle......

Anywaaaaay...I'd differnatly go see ROTS again. Mainly because when I saw it the first time I was alittle drunk...at the time I didn't know that drinking booze in the theatre was now done...So I was surprised that I could and I DID!
    Also my son would love to see it...Though he's a fraid of D Vader...he's more of a Yoda boy.

20. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    well tell him there is some decent yoda action

-Mel

21. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001

What the hell is that suppose to mean? It's been on track for most of the entire thread! More so than 90% of other threads in NZFF. ?[face_plain]

22. Darth_Mordan

May 13, 2005

What the hell is that suppose to mean?

Well, SithForceLord. I'm sure your knowledge of the english langauge is capable enough and I'm not dis'ing your question to MY quoted line...but have you ever heard of sarcasm? or humour?

Though I have seen "E3-RotS" I'm thinking that perhaps my son is too young to see it...it does have some themes that a five year old might find disturbing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a paronoid parent, and I'd be supervising him, well more like, be there to support him "IF" he gets scared. My son's a clever lad...but am I ready to let him understand what it means to "Embrace the darkside"...

23. Avalon-nz

Avalon-nz Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    One of our friends has taken his (nearly) 5 year old to see it with no problems / nightmares etc.

Im sure they will cope. I personally was scarred for life when R2 and 3PO split up in the desert -and no censor batted an eyelid about it!!! Still upsets me!

Hxxx

24. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    My dad won't let me take my 6 year old brother :(

25. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Just kidnap him, get him drunk then take him. Then, when your dad finds out - he'll be angry you got him drunk and he wont care about him seeing SW.

:D

oh yes, I'm familiar with sarcasm. Humour for the educated. Yes, indeed, it's quite the little rib tickler. ;) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.