main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass I just thought of this, maybe a plot hole or bad writing.....

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by hitmbig, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    This may be a spoiler for those who have not seen the clip................................. (I have it)

In ANH Han tells Obi Wan that he has seen all sorts of stuff in the galaxy and nothing to make him believe in the Force or Jedi and all that. I have a clip, it was edited out at CIII I hear, of Chewie watching Yoda spin around and cut the head off a Clone. Wouldn't Chewie have mentioned this to Han at some point that He was at the Battle of Kashyyyk and helped Yoda (a very powerful Force user) escape? Just a thought.

2. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Maybe Chewie wants to forget about bad things... like war... that have happened in the past.

3. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Interesting question. I may pose it myself on the jcouncil.com board.

4. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Maybe Han didn't want to believe in the force, etc. without seeing the force in action for himself. Since Han did say that he thought that it was more luck, right? So, he might have thought that Yoda was lucky in doing that.

5. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I am not sure about this but I believe maybe Chewbacca doesn't say anything about knowing Yoda is beause
    he may have helped Yoda and other Jedi escape when the order is given to execute the Jedi in ROTS.

And if the Emperor found out he would of had someone these beings executed for helping a fugitive and enemies of the Empire perhaps.

6. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    And also, 28+ years ago, Lucas didn't even realize that he'd be producing 5 more movies.

7. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Damn my Fanboy side!!! Damn it all to hell!!!!!!!!!

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm going to call this a conspiracy theory and say that GL knew about the other movies and did stuff like this on purpose. This way there will always be people talking about his movies, generating countless debates about things like this and other topics like Obi-Wan not remembering R2-D2 and C-3PO or the infamous "Who shot first". It's all part of his plan to take over the world!!!

9. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Yeah that C3-PO and R2-D2 thing bugs me too. I just like to thnk that since OT Obi Wan is a liar, that the 'odd look' he gave the droids was acknowledgement that he knew them.

10. YodaJediMaster12

YodaJediMaster12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 26, 2002
    Obi-Wan wasn't really around either R2 or C3PO that much, though. He came into contact with plenty of droids, and I can't really remember anything in the PT that would make Kenobi specifically remember R2 and C3PO distinctly.

11. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004

***********SOILER***********

In EPIII, Obi Wan gets a first hand look at R2D2 and his little heroics on GG's ship.

12. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Well, the R2 and C3PO thing also drove me crazy but...Spoiler ahead...

...I remember reading a spoiler that said that C3PO was going to have his memory wiped at the end of Ep.III, so maybe Obi-wan didn't want to confuse C3PO by saying that he knew the droids.

13. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    But remember, Obi-Wan does not own either 3PO or R2. R2 belongs to Padme and 3PO belongs to Anakin. So what he said in ANH was true...from a certain point of view! ;)

14. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    from a certain point of view!
    True...

15. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Or maybe it's just that having aged somethign like 40 years in the timespan of 20 years might have warped his memory ;)

16. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    I am going to go with my 'Obi Wan is an alcoholic' guess. He drinks so much and forgot about things. The point of view stuff is a cover for being a drunk.

17. YodaJediMaster12

May 26, 2002
    "A certain point of view"... so that's what they're calling it now. ;)

18. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    I think the POV is going to be a major part of Star Wars since not all of the issues are ever going to fully explained. *sigh*

19. YodaJediMaster12

May 26, 2002
    I personally don't have a problem with that perspective. No one could make two trilogies two-plus decades apart from one another and have them be perfectly cohesive. Besides, if everything perfect, what would we all have to post about? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.