main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA I know money's tight, but I'm throwing this out there

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by CernStormrunner, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    My friend Paige is raising money for Pediatric Cancer Research, via a group called "Saint Baldricks".

Basically, she's taking donations and then is going to shave her head. The hair is going to Locks of Love where it'll be made into wigs for Chemo patients.

Now personally, I don't want her to shave her head. I've asked if i can donate money for her NOT to do it, but her minds made up, and all i can do is back her as best as i can.

Here's the Link to her donation page. Even if you can't donate, maybe at least pass it along to anyone else who might. Her Goal is $3000, but so far its only up to $65. I plan on donating something next payday, since i just checked my balance and i have eight bucks left. (btw, anyone know where i can sell some blood?)

thanks guys.

2. xm41

xm41 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    In that case can I borrow four of them?[face_praying] No cash is the reason that I haven?t been around for awhile. I'm looking for a job and been just about flat broke these last few months after my car decided to break down and empty my wallet to get fixed.

Ron

3. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    yikes dude.

4. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    Event: I'm Shaving my Head! What?!?" Shaving the Way to Conquer Kids? Cancer!"
    What: Fundraiser
    Host: Claddagh Irish Pub
    Start Time: Saturday, March 14 at 12:00pm
    End Time: Saturday, March 14 at 4:00pm
    Where: Claddagh Irish Pub

I don't know I i'm going. I really dont think i can stand to see her do this.

5. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    I think I may go. Remember, hair grows back quickly. I think she'll look cute with short hair. I suggested that she do an animation with her daily pics of it growing back. ;)

6. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    HEY! She surpassed her goal by $200 today!

Much thanks and gratitude to anyone who helped!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.