main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I Know (Obidala Romance/Comedy) - Episode III- Chapter 13 is FINALLY here!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I Know
    by obi's girl
    Summary: While on Alderaan, Padmé develops feelings for Obi-Wan to her own dismay and after a kiss that leads to so much more, Padmé is in denial of her feelings while Obi-Wan must convince her there is more between them than just friendship.
    Genre: Romance/Comedy
    A/N: I don't know at this point if this fic will be a viggie or a series, leading up to Obi-Wan and Padm?s separation in Episode III, and what happened in between.

Chapter 1

Padmé Skywalker fidgeted as she paced around the small apartment, waiting. For weeks now, she had been struggling to get in contact with either Obi-Wan or Master Yoda. Although Master Yoda couldn't be found, she knew Obi-Wan still hiding somewhere...that somewhere on Tatoonie but through immense patience and luck, she was able to get through to him and arrange an meeting back on Coruscant. Originally, Ben pushed for the meeting to be moved somewhere else because technically, Coruscant wasn't Coruscant anymore.

The skies were a dark red now and the busy streets that used to crowded with citizens and hover taxis and hover cars were now empty. Anyone who didn't know the Empire had taken over the planet, must have been off planet before Palpatine took control of the Senate. The Senate. Those Senators who saw the evil in the Chancellor's ways, fled underground or elsewhere where the Empire wasn't dominant. Alderaan, she knew was still neutral in the split but Naboo....

Because Naboo would have been the first place Padmé would flee to because it was her home planet, the Emperor ordered any Imperial ship that was near the planet to destroy it. Her home, her family, her sister, mother, father and nieces died within seconds and Padmé was doubtful anyone had been able to leave before the lazy blast hit the core.

Padmé bit her lip, wiping the horrible memory from her mind. She had to be strong now, for herself and her children. That's why she needed to speak with Obi-Wan. She needed someone to guide her from making the wrong decision that could cost her and her children their lives. Obi-Wan would be her guardian. Normally, the children's father would be there for her during these times but he was the reason she was there.

Anakin had made the decision long ago that the only way to be the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy, he needed to let go of the light and join the Darkside. As his wife, Padmé thought he was stronger than that to leave her so suddenly but she was wrong. Now, she was all alone in this forsaken galaxy and her children would never know their father and live their whole lives' in darkness....

"Padmé?" she heard a voice say. Obi-Wan walked cautiously into the apartment, holding an extra cloak in his arms as he approached her, "Here, put this on. We need to leave immediately,"

Padmé took the cloak, holding the fabric in her hands and for a moment, it reminded her of Anakin. Obi-Wan saw and felt the sadness within her, reached out and made her look at him. Despite his training, he didn't know what to say to comfort her. What do you say to a widow whose 8 1/2 months pregnant? Finally, she looked at him, nodded, unraveled the cloak and put it around herself, hiding her grown stomach.

"Come on, there's a transport waiting for us."

She didn't say anything as they left the apartment, shut down the lights and Obi-Wan put up his hood, leaving the place forever.

~~

Obi-Wan stole a glance at Padmé as she sat beside him in the cockpit of their small transport. For the last five hours since they left Coruscant, she hadn't said anything to him and it was beginning to bother him. He didn't know what she thought of him, whether she hated him for confronting Anakin on or failing to save him, or both. He needed to know. Almost sensing his thoughts, Padmé looked at him.

"I don't hate you Ben. I know you did everything you could to save Anakin, I don't hate you, I just feel numb," she whispered.

Despite her words, Ben didn't feel the emotion behind them and it didn't make him feel any better but still smiled wryly, "Thank you,

2. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    This is awesome. My guess was right. I kept thinking about our pm conversation a while back. Obiwan just has to convince her.

3. tvdunlop

tvdunlop Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2003
    very nice start.........i look forward to more!!!!!!!!!

4. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I'm glad you like, Crystal and tv, this is your frst time reading one of my fics, so I hope you enjoy yourself and reading the fic.

~aeryn

5. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Can't wait for more!

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Chapter 2

"Obi-Wan, Padmé, welcome," Bail said, greeting the former Jedi Master and former Senator. "The villa is already setup and Padmé you have two handmaidens at your disposal."

"We thank you, your highness for doing us this big favor," Ben replied and glanced at Padmé, "I wish I could stay longer to see Padmé settled but I have some unfinished business to take care of,"

Padmé turned curiously to Obi-Wan, wanting to question him but she knew when he returned, he would explain everything to her. Bail cleared his throat and gestured to the two handmaidens standing behind him. "Take milady's things to the villa and we'll meet you there shortly."

The handmaidens bowed, grabbed Padmé's small luggage and as the taller one raised her head, Padmé thought the handmaiden looked familiar. She dismissed the thought as the two robed women scurried away with her things. Not too long after, Padmé turned to where Obi-Wan was standing only to find he had taken their shuttle and left without saying good-bye to her.

"Padmé, walk with me," she heard Bail say and followed him. They left the platform and started to walk along a path leading the palace gardens. "I'm sorry to hear about Anakin, Padmé. The way he left you and the twins to join Palpatine's cause, I don't understand it but I can assure you, you'll be safe from the Empire and from him..."

"What exactly is 'the arrangement'?" she asked. "I didn't really ask Ben the details before we left Coruscant."

Bail studied her a moment before replying. "Separation. He plans to separate your children, Padmé."

Padmé heard the words. She knew something like this had to happen but it still shocked her. Separation? Part her babies, make them grow up without the knowledge of each other's existence? What mother could do that to her children? How could she do that to them? It was unfair on so many levels.

"I'm sorry, Padmé. I shouldn't have told you. Kenobi swore me to secrecy and now, you know the truth..."

"Because I asked you," she said, "You were honest with me and I'm glad I know rather than wait for the answer, a month from now."

~~

//Blast you, Ben Kenobi for lying to me!// Padmé cried as she plopped on her bed at the villa Bail had prepared for her. The handmaidens he has assigned to her were putting away her things in the adjoining room, leaving Padmé to her thoughts. //No wander why he left without saying good-bye to me. He wanted to avoid a confrontation. How could he do this to me?! It's not fair!//

Padmé grabbed a pillow off the bed and screamed into it, furious that her unborn children would be separated from each other within days of their birth, maybe even hours!

"Milady?"

She waved away the handmaiden, waiting to be alone but when the handmaiden didn't leave, Padmé turned to her and her face softened. The eyes, the kind smile, Padmé choked back a cry as she flung her arms around her former handmaiden, friend and decoy.

"Sabé, what are you doing here? Not that I'm not grateful you're here...wait, aren't you an Ambassador? How did you know I was going to be here?"

Sabé shrugged as she sat down on the bed next to her friend. "I actually retired from my position two years ago and returned home before Palpatine proclaimed himself Emperor. We heard rumors that he might do such a thing, and my family and I left Naboo and fled to Alderaan. Alderaan is neutral territory and Bail assured me that my family would be safe here," she paused and looked at Padmé, "I'm sorry your family didn't have the chance to evacuate before..."

"Thank you," Padmé whispered, "But your parents and sisters are here. Where are they staying?"

"A villa not far from here," she said and smiled, "We'll go visit them later. I promise."

Padmé smiled, nodding to her friend to continue her story. "And Bail told me you were in trouble and that you would need two handmaidens to look after you and I volunteered my services. He refused at first but after begging and pleading my case, I was able to convince him to make me one of your handmaide

7. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Very interesting. Right now Padme is not too happy with Obiwan. That adds drama. Oh and we have Sabe. Padme will be happy having a friend to talk to. I love the interaction at the end of this post between Bail and Padme. It adds some drama of its own. I have to wonder where Obiwan is myself. I don't suppose you would tell me would you. ;) Didn't think so. :)

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I really enjoyed working on this fanfic, and the comedy is so much fun to write. I'm glad you like it Crystal, and I think maybe I'll post again sometime this afternoon if I get the chance :D

~aeryn

9. tvdunlop

tvdunlop Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2003
    ooh......i wouldn't want to be obi wan right now, keep up the great work!!!!

10. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Bumping up. Don't want it to get lost in the shuffle.

11. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Ya know, I have written 11 chapters to this fic so far? :eek: Since I'm so far ahead, I'll post chapter 3 now.

Veterans Day Post

I Know
    Chapter 3

by obi's girl

"What did you say your name was again?" Owen asked the man sitting across from him and his fianc? Beru Whitesun.

The ginger-haired man nodded and looked at Owen, smiling, "Ben Kenobi, I am, I was a former Master to your stepbrother, Anakin Skywalker and I've come to ask you a really big favor. You know Padmé?Naberrie?"

Beru nodded thoughtfully, "Padmé? She was with Anakin when he came looking for his mother; she was from Naboo, right? We heard rumors about Naboo's destruction, it's horrible, I can't imagine what she's going through,"

"Yes, it was very tragic but that's not the reason why I'm here, well, partial reason. Before Naboo's destruction, I had originally planned for Padmé to stay on Naboo, maybe a part of Naboo Anakin wasn't familiar with but now Naboo is no more and Padmé is pregnant..."

Owen waved his hand, stopping Ben in mid-sentence, "Did you say pregnant? Beru was right, we had heard rumors about Naboo's destruction and Anakin's fall but we had no idea Padmé was pregnant!"

Beru brushed Owen's shoulder and whispered to calm down as she leaned forward on the table and looked at Ben, "What do you want to do, Ben?"

"Padmé's 8 1/2 months pregnant with twins. Normally, the children would be tested after birth and trained to be Jedi but these are no ordinary circumstances. These children must not be trained, or risk the Emperor discovering their existence," he paused and glanced at Owen, "I was wandering if one of the children could stay here on Tatoonie in your care while his sister stays with his mother on Alderaan?"

"..I don't think," Owen began and then Beru stopped him, saying they would love to care for the boy. Obi-Wan smiled and then looked to Owen. Beru agreed to the idea but Owen was the wild card. "Just stay away from him, Kenobi. I don't want you anywhere near Anakin's son while he's under our care,"

Obi-Wan nodded, "Agreed," and then glanced at Beru again.

~~

"Thank you for coming Ben," Beru said, showing Obi-Wan out, "I know Owen and I aren't married yet, but we'd always hoped for a family of our own and now, you've given us part of the family we wished for. And we'll take good care of the boy,"

Obi-Wan smiled, "I know you will Beru, and thank you," The Jedi bowed and then quickly rushed up the ramp as Beru watched as his star ship rise from the sandy dune and vanished into Tatoonie's twin suns.

~~

"So, you've been retired for three years, what have you been doing all this time?" Padmé asked her friend as she poured her a cup of Alderenian tea. "Are you married now?"

Sabé shrugged, "Not married. I'm still a single woman. Can you believe I've been traveling throughout the galaxy to help refugees? I'd never been to a planet outside of the core, besides Tatoonie but it was a wonderful experience and I have met so many interesting people. Most of the work I've done is relocate people to new planets that are no longer environmental friendly to the current inhabitants and help those people adjust to their new home."

"Helping refugees," Padmé mused and smiled playfully, "So, that's why you're helping me. You see me as another refugee?"

"Padmé, everyone's a refugee. Palpatine is xenophobic. He's hunting and killing all alien life forms he doesn't deem pure and useful to the galaxy. He calls it 'cleansing' but it's really the extermination of races that have been living in this galaxy for decades even but the next generation, your children's generation will never know it,"

Padmé didn't say anything as she gave Sabé her tea. "It's weird. I know I should hate Anakin for hiding behind a mask and taking orders from Palpatine but I only feel sorry for him. Like the rest of the galaxy, he'll only see darkness the rest of his life. He's in a prison, Sabé. He may not realize it but he is."

Sabé smiled dreamily, "I remember the young and vibrant Anakin, the Anakin that had so many

12. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    So that is where Obiwan was. Padme is not going to be happy. Yes anakin is in a prison. That was a good way of expaining a description of Anakin I thought.

13. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Yes anakin is in a prison. That was a good way of expaining a description of Anakin I thought.

Thank you, Crystal. Even though Anakin isn't my favorite person, I like to write about how I veiw his turning to the darkside. And just torturing his character in general too :D

~aeryn

14. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Awesome story. I like it.

15. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Yep...I'm liking it too. Keep up the good work.

16. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thank you Obi-Wan21 and Keeper_of_Swords! I think I must post today :D

I Know
    Chapter 4

by obi's girl

His gloved hands tightened on the railing, his breath ragged as he watched the darkness of space. He remembered in his youth he wished he could travel to all the stars, all the planets in the universe and be the first to see them all. He had so many dreams then, foolish dreams but one dream he would come true is finding a place beside his childhood crush, Padmé Naberrie. Since they day his blue eyes met her brown, and she smiled at him, Anakin Skywalker knew one day, he was going to marry her and she would be his forever.

Strange, how forever didn't quite last long, only a mere three short years. He didn't really know why things went bad, their relationship just seemed to decay and age very easily over time. His tamper became more aggressive and more often than not, Padmé would be the outlet for his rage.

But what drove Anakin Skywalker to the darkside? It really wasn't one thing in particular, it was several things. He'd lost his mother several years earlier, the Jedi forbade attachments of any kind, his Master wouldn't allow him to proceed to take the trials when he repeatedly told him he was ready to. No one really understood his thinking. Anyone close to the old Anakin knew not to test his tamper

Ultimately, it all came down to power. Anakin always knew since he was old enough to understand that there was something special about him. He was different from other people, Palpatine saw the potential in him, so why did the Jedi hold him back from realizing what he was capable of?

When they found out about his marriage to Padmé they threatened to remove him from the Order but first they asked if the rumors were true. He didn't know why he didn't lie to their faces and tell him the rumors were only rumors. Maybe he didn't because it was a relief for someone to know; at that point, he didn't really care if that someone was the Jedi Council.

Padmé was hurt of course because she had a career but quickly recovered and resigned from the Senate, and Anakin left the order. He thought he could deal with the loss but he couldn't. It had been his lifelong dream to a Jedi and now, the dream was over.

Vader nodded and turned from the railing, walking across the bridge of the Star Destroyer and to his quarters. He passed several officers on the way and told one of the captains not to disturb him. Vader relaxed in his desk chair, looking around his empty office. The walls were bare, dark gray, all the furniture standard black gray but one object stood out amongst the dark surroundings, a turquoise necklace.

The japer snippet was the only attachment he had left. Padmé was gone. Not dead, he knew, only missing. Even the Emperor didn't know where to look and he didn't either. But even though she wasn't with him, he still dreamed she would stand beside him and be his queen, his lady of darkness. He needed her strength, the strength he never had to control his emotions or tame the monster inside him.

~aeryn

17. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Awesome! Great post!

18. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks obi-wan21 :D

~aeryn

19. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Wonderful post. It was nice to get Anakin's or should I say Vader's perspective on things.

20. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I Know
    Chapter 5

by obi's girl

Padmé nodded as she rested her hand on her stomach, sitting in the rocker in the main room. Sabé smiled sourly, "When is your due date?"

"I'm expected sometime later next month. I've never been a parent before. My sister had the most amazing kids.." Padmé paused and hid her face in her hands, mumbling, "I would have loved for little Luke and Leia to get to know their cousins, their aunt and grandparents," Sabé jumped from her chair, hugging her friend as she wept. "It's so cruel, Sabé? Why did all of this have to happen?"

"I don't know Padmé but I promise you, one day, things will be better," the handmaiden smiled and sighed, "Obi-Wan should be back soon,"

To Sabé's surprise, Padmé began to cry harder. Sabé scolded herself for mentioning his name but she also wandered why Obi-Wan's name would give Padmé grief? "I haven't seen him in years...Is he still really handsome?" Sabé asked her between sobs.

Padmé sniffled as she looked up at her friend, "You're talking about Ben?" Sabé grinned yes. "He hasn't really changed, he isn't a Jedi Padawan. He's grown a beard which has thickened over the years and his mischievous blue eyes are much darker now. Ben blames himself for not being able to save Ani but I don't blame her. I know Ben did everything he could to save him..."

"You love him,"

Padmé frowned and shied away from Sabé, wiping her tears. "Sabé, I've loved Anakin my whole life, even now. How could I fall in love with someone else and don't you think if I had fallen in love with Ben, I would have known and acknowledged my feelings?"

Padmé laughed, "Knowing you Padmé, you wouldn't have acknowledged your feelings, but the way you talked about Obi-Wan just now, it sounded so intimate,"

"This is crazy. I'm not in love with Obi-Wan. I can't be...If I did love him, there are still factors that would keep us apart,"

Sabé crossed her arms and looked at her, "Okay. What would keep you apart?"

"Anakin. I know he's not Anakin anymore but his name would always come between us,"

"Besides Anakin, what else is there?" Sabé questioned.

Padmé was about to name a list of reasons but she couldn't think of anything to list. The Jedi Order didn't exist which meant the code didn't have concrete meaning anymore. "It's late now and I need a nap,"

Sabé smiled, and stood up abruptly, "Oh no, you don't Padmé Naberrie. I honestly want to know if there's anything keeping you from being with Obi-Wan. After you say 'no' then I'll leave,"

"Alright then. The answer is no, nothing is keeping us from being together but still, as Anakin's widow and Obi-Wan, as his former Master, we would never act on carnal pleasures and that my dear Sabé is the end of the discussion."

Sabé huffed, drinking the last of her tea. "If you won't cooperate, I have no choice but to see to my handmaiden duties. Personally, I think if you're not in love with Obi-Wan now, you're beginning to fall for him." Padmé didn't say anything. Sabé nodded and went into the room she shared with the other handmaiden assigned to Padmé.

Padmé frowned and followed her, leaning on the door frame. "Why do you care about my feelings for Obi-Wan, Sabé?"

"I care Padmé because I know how much Anakin hurt you and it would a greater tragedy for you to live the rest of your life in sadness and never able to fall in love again; to stop believing in love,"

"What about you, Sabé? Didn't you ever have feelings for Ben?" Padmé countered.

Sabé nodded, "Maybe at one time I loved Obi-Wan but we'd been apart so long, there isn't anything there for us," she paused and smiled mischievously, "You, on the other hand, have spent more time with him than I have. You know who he is, what he loves, his fears, his dreams. You probably know him better then you did Anakin,"

Padmé was quiet, conflicting emotions stirring within her and her face reflected that.

"I've said enough. I'll go up to the kitchen and prepare your midday meal," Sabé said as she fixed the linens and called to Monica to continue organizing

21. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Thats right Sabe you explain to Padme that she is at the very least falling in love with Obiwan. And Padme after all the hurt that Anakin has done to you, he does not deserve your love, so love Obiwan you must. So think about what Sabe said. Because the only other people who know Obiwan better then you are us the Obiwan fans. :D

A very nice post. Love how you have Sabe trying to get Padme to express her feelings etc. for Obiwan.

By the way this is another one of those stories that is getting passed around here in the office. We are all hooked.

22. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Another great post! Update again soon!

23. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    By the way this is another one of those stories that is getting passed around here in the office. We are all hooked.

:eek: Wow, I'm honoured Crystal :D

~aeryn

24. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I Know
    Chapter 6

by obi's girl

Sabé huffed, raising her hood as she walked down the path from the villa. Three villas down, she could hear her nieces playing in the garden. Sabé smiled to herself and then frowned. She had her family, they were all safe but Padmé had lost hers within months. As Sabé turned, she nearly fell over a dark robed man. He fumbled but quickly recovered. Sabé however, scolded herself again for being so klutzy.

"I'm so sorry, sir," Sabé mumbled as the man suddenly looked at her curiously.

"Sabé?"

Sabé stopped fixing her dress, raised her head and looked at the hood man as a bright smile formed across her petite lips as she recognized whom it was she bumped into. "Obi-Wan?"

Ben nodded, "I just came from the Palace. I talked with Bail and he hinted an old friend of Padmé's had been appointed as one of her handmaidens," he smiled, the gray in his eyes suddenly turning a bright blue. "It's good to see you, milady,"

"It's good to see you Ben," she paused and glanced back at the villa, "I regret however that the time and circumstances isn't the best..."

"I know," he whispered, "Are you returning to the palace?"

Sabé nodded and raised her hood again, "Yes, to see to milady's midday meal, which I should take care of now," she fixed her dress again and smiled good-bye to him, continuing down the path as Obi-Wan entered the villa.

"Padmé, are you here?" Obi-Wan called, locking the villa door and walking around the small main room. There was coffee table against the wall, along with a fresher, a rocker chair next to the table and a small bed against the wall and a door leading to another room, which he presumed was the handmaiden's rooms. But no Padmé. Obi-Wan hmm'd and reached out with the Force to look for Padmé's life signature. He found somewhere in the backroom and walked casually towards the handmaiden's quarters, but even when he got there, he didn't find her.

He shrugged and as he was about to leave, her heard a soft pounding inside the fresher and started towards it, grabbing his lightsaber and rushed inside as Padmé turned around, her eyes wide and screamed, shocked Obi-Wan interrupted her shower. Obi-Wan screamed too and quickly retreated from the room as Padm?closed down the shower, grabbed a towel and went to see her protector.

She found Obi-Wan sitting on the edge of Sabé's bed, visibly blushing with embarrassment. "Obi-Wan, welcome back," she said weakly and he turned to her. When he saw she was only in a towel, Obi-Wan averted his eyes again from her view. "Where did you go?"

"Uh, Tatoonie. I went to talk to Owen Lars about adopting your son,"

Padmé frowned and went into another adjoining room which Obi-Wan assumed was the dresser and he waited there on the bed until she came out fully clothed. Her hair was still wet from the water but Padmé wrapped herself in a kimono. She didn't know what to say to him, her feelings still confused. Before Sabé told her that she might be in love with Obi-Wan, she was ready to yell at him the minute he got back, yell at him for separating her children and a bunch of other things she couldn't remember. But now, her anger had dissipated.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier what you were planning?"

Obi-Wan looked at her and shrugged, "Because I knew if you knew, you would object. Padmé, you knew something like this had to happen. The children cannot stay together, their Force signatures are like homing beacons. If Vader senses their strong presence together, he'll hunt them down and want to train them in the dark ways,"

"Can't they stay with me for a couple months before separating them?"

Obi-Wan nodded no as Padmé sat beside him on the bed, "So Leia will stay with Owen on Tatooine?"

"Not Leia, Luke will," he replied, "I have a feeling Leia would be too much like her mother and grow up to be another politician. Luke, on the other hand, would take more after his father. He will be the strongest,"

Padmé shuddered and pulled the kimono tighter around her waist, Obi-Wan saw she was cold and rem

25. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Aeryn, I wish I could write like you. You bring such emotional depth to your stories.

This was excellent. I love the little shower scene here. Then the towel scene then there was the conversation about cloak.
    Thank you a post this morning.
    I look forward to another post soon. Must go and print out a copy for my sister in law who is reading this story also. As a matter of fact I can't get into my house without her asking about it first. It has become the key to getting into my house. :D Opps forgot I have to print one out for the office also. Or I will be in big trouble at lunch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.