main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I Know (Obidala Romance/Comedy) - Episode III- Chapter 13 is FINALLY here!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    She won't be able to resist his charm

Hmm, we will see JD ;)

~aeryn

2. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    A/N: In celebration of my two noms for this fic, I have decided to post a new chapter. And i may post again later....

Chapter 10

Padmé waited patiently in the royal garden, walking around and admiring the many exotic flowers. Like Naboo, Alderaan was very rich in art, elegance and the smell of the sweet roses were always sweeter than she imagined. Today was the beginning of their courtship, as Obi-Wan had told her that morning. Padmé was flattered of course but in the back of her mind, she thought it was a waste of time. Even if there was something between them, they wouldn't have much time together to explore the depths of their feelings for each other.

Still, she had to give him credit for trying. Her courtship with Anakin was too rushed, they didn't really know each other before marrying because of all the events happening around them. With Obi-Wan, it was different. This courtship was different. The picnic in the gardens was his idea, even though he was an hour late.

Padmé frowned and stood from the blanket, fixing her dress and as she begun to put the food away, Obi-Wan arrived, wearing a light tunic. "This is why I waited for you to show up? You were changing?"

He shrugged, "Sabé was helping me look for a suitable tunic and pants. I'm sorry I was late m'lady but there's still time to enjoy our lunch, isn't there?"

Padmé nodded and sat down again on the blanket and began to fix her dress, averting her eyes from his. "You look very handsome, Obi-Wan. Sabé has good taste," she mumbled.

Obi-Wan smiled and blushed, "You look lovely as well m'lady," Padmé blushed and glanced at him. "What do we have to eat?"

"Just some fruits and tea, Monica helped me prepare," she said and set out a small plate before him and put some fruit on it. "Can I ask you something?"

Obi-Wan looked at Padmé curiously, raising his eyebrow for emphasis. She knew he was only joking but she ignored it. "Before, um, before I woke you up when...were you reading my thoughts?"

"Was I eavesdropping on your thoughts? I wasn't. Why? Why do you think I was?"

She shrugged, "The grin on our face when you were asleep,"

"Oh that!" he laughed, "That was something else. Don't worry about it,"

Padmé smiled suddenly, "Now, I'm curious. Tell me what you were dreaming, or shall I say whom you were fantasizing about?"

"It wasn't a fantasy; it was a funny dream, nothing more,"

"Obi-Wan Kenobi, despite being a former Jedi Master, you are a horrible liar. Who was she?"

He shrugged again, eating a piece of his fruit, "No one. I wasn't dreaming about anyone,"

Padmé nodded, "Liar. I find it very hard to believe after all these years you have never fantasized about a special someone?"

"I resent that. I never said I never had dreams about other women, I just won't and refuse to admit what I was dreaming about. Some of these things can be very private,"

She nodded and took a sip of her nectar, "Fine, if you want to be all secretive, that's fine. I have other ways to make you talk," Obi-Wan frowned and then nearly fell over as Padmé started to tickle him. "Do you give?"

"I give, I give!" he cried and Padmé backed away again. "I was dreaming about the first time I met you. I don't mean meeting Sabé, I mean meeting you without the make-up and the facade,"

Padmé frowned again, "I don't remember that,"

He grinned to himself, "Of course, you don't. I was meditating in one of the rooms on the ship and you asked me what I was doing. I taught you a very relaxing meditative technique because you said you were very stressed,"

"I don't remember that," Padmé muttered again and Ben gestured she turn around, and flinched when she felt Obi-Wan's fingers touch her bare back, around her shoulders and began to kneed her tensed muscles. He leaned forward, breathining on her neck.

"Relax Padmé, relax," he whispered, still kneeding her shoulders. Padmé smiled lightly, calming her nerves. "I massage your upper back, gently loosening your tense muscles," he whispered, his hands following the same movements. "I

3. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    And now, her best friend and love were quickly falling in love with each other, and Sabé could not say or do anything to stop them.

I just want to cry for Sabe for some reason. It must be hard for her to watch them.

I like how you write the courtship scene. Sweet, innoncent with just a touch of sensuality to it. (I hope that came out right)

I must remember when I need a massage to call Obi-Wan. :D magic fingers

4. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I'm good at writing drama and I absolutely love writing romance/angst. It's my speciality :p

And thank you for your nomination, Crystal! :D

~aeryn

5. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    In my reference to feeling sorry for Sabe, why do I have a feeling you are going to give us a twist. I love twists.

And you are welcome for the Nomination and for best author. I saw what you said over at the Obi-dala/sabewan archive.

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I still have not received a pm yet, so I don't know if I have made it to the second round of voting.

~aeryn

7. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    I don't think I did either, Aeryn. Really bummed about that too.

Anyways, on a lighter note, I loved the post.

~~Jilly

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Well, I really only have four nominations. two for I Know, one for Defining Us and one for best author.

~aeryn

9. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Remember that nominations can be done by PM so there could be more then shows on the thread.

10. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    i forgot about that crystal. ooh and if you're interested, i updated my sabewan series, defining us.

~aeryn

11. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Any news yet Aeryn?

~~Jilly

12. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    No, I don't think I made it to the second round. (I would have received a pm by now about sending an excerpt) Do you have anything yet JD? I just find it really hard to believe you haven't gotten a PM after how many nominations you received for your Kyp/Jaina series.

Btw, I'll try and update later today if possible but I'm not really sure about that. So maybe in the next couple days, I'll be able to update.

~aeryn

13. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    It was a BEAUTIFUL chapter, Aeryn!

I do feel sad for Sabe'.

14. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I have not made it to round 2 but I will continue posting after the holidays.

~aeryn

15. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Sorry you did not make to round two. You and this story deserve to.

Happy Holidays.

16. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    It's okay, Crystal. Hmm, I don't know if I have a new post for this fic. For now, I think I'll have to put this fic on hiatus.

~aeryn

17. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Good story. Can't wait for another update.

18. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    For now, I think I'll have to put this fic on hiatus.

:(

Sorry to hear that, its a good story and unusual. But I do understand. I hope you won't forget the story,if you need ideas let us know and maybe if we think of any we can pm you them.

19. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I hope you won't forget the story,if you need ideas let us know and maybe if we think of any we can pm you them.

Thank you Crystal for understanding :D

~aeryn

20. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    We understand Aeryn. Looking forward to the new post when you finally post it.

~~Jilly

21. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I actually have some old/new chapters sitting in my e-mail (along with chapters for Clone Wars). So, here's Chapter 11!

I Know
    Chapter 11

by obi's girl

"Good afternoon, Sabe," Padme called her friend as she and Obi-Wan arrived back at the villa. Monica was folding linens while sat there alone at the coffee table, a distant look on her face as she looked outside. Sensing this wasn't the right time for him to be there, Obi-Wan kissed Padme's cheek and left the room, mumbling that he needed to meditate and quickly left. "It's a beautiful day out today, why not take your nieces out for a walk in the garden or around the palace?"

Sabe nodded and sipped her tea, "I let them play in the garden yesterday, and I don't think they'd want to revisit a place they'd already been too,"

"I had a wonderful lunch with Obi-Wan, I almost wish you could have joined us..."

She turned to her abruptly, scowling, "Why? So I can watch the two of you stare into each other's eyes and completely ignore me?"

"Sabe, why are you acting like this? I thought you would be happy for us. I mean, you were the one to push us closer together...You said yourself you and Obi-Wan never had a chance to fall in love over the years, and you got over it! Why are you acting like a jealous woman when you clearly steered me in his direction?"

Her arms still crossed, Sabe put down her teacup on the coffee table and turned to Padme, "Because despite the fact we never had a chance, I still love him. And I held onto that hope that one day, somehow, he would return my love but instead he's sharing a bed with you,"

Padme huffed, crossing her arms too. "And I suppose it's my fault I have feelings for him when I didn't have any intention to fall in love, for the second time? Reality Sabe, you pushed me to fall for Obi-Wan, so in a way, you gave up your chance and to me, that said you didn't have strong feelings for him anymore,"

"You're right, Padme. I should have kept my mouth shut and not have said anything to begin with, but you are, you were my friend and your happiness meant everything to me. I hoped that when you did realize your feelings for Obi-Wan, it wouldn't affect me as it did but I was wrong,"

The two women were silent for a long time. What had happened to their friendship? For years, Sabe had always been her big sister, her adopted big sister and now, the bond they used to have seemed to have died over night, and over the issue of one man. Sabe nodded, stood up and set her teacup in the sink, and grabbed her cloak from the chair, leaving the villa.

~~

Obi-Wan nearly fell over onto the floor, feeling Padme's pain and anger towards Sabe. Even though he wasn't in the same room, he could still hear their harsh words to each other and the pain behind each of them, especially Padme. She was confused again about her feelings, and if her relationship with him was worth it. Sabe was too far out of range for him to sense what she was feeling, but he knew her feelings were confused as well.

It should have flattered him that two beautiful women wanted him, and it would have years earlier but these weren't two ordinary women. These women were sisters, they looked out for each other and knew each other very well.

Obi-Wan wandered if he should try and talk to Padme, but then he wandered himself what he would say to her. For once, he didn't know what to do. Both Padme and Sabe were independent women, who cared for him for deeply. Sabe even told him or at least hinted that she loved him and Padme's feelings, she was a mystery. He wasn't sure if he had won over Padme's love but he knew, no matter what, they were both very complicated women.

Finally, he stood from the rug he was meditating on and walked defiantly to the door. He would talk to her. Walking down the hallway from the bedroom to the main area, Obi-Wan didn't rush. Why did he need to rush? If he did, it would look like he had been listening to the whole fight (which he had been doing).

Stay clam, Kenobi, he reminded himself.

He found Padme sitting at t

22. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    I'm trying to figure out who I should be hopeing will end up with Obi-wan. I really want both of them some how, if that makes any sense. It was very nice of Padme to send him to Sabe. Shows how much she cares for both him and Sabe. She has to care for him because she has to want him to be happy and if she can't maybe Sabe can.

I have a feeling he is going to end up with Sabe when Padme comes to her senses and realizes she loves him and it will be too late. Thats fine.

A couple of posts remind me of an old Barbara Mandrell song called Sleeping single in a double bed. Where Padme sends him away but realizes how lonely it is to sleep in a double bed.

23. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Well, this is getting confusing. Who's Obi-Wan gonna get?

24. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Awwww, poor Obi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Hey if Padme' or Sabe' don't want to take Obi-Wan. I'LL TAKE HIM!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.