main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I Know (Obidala Romance/Comedy) - Episode III- Chapter 13 is FINALLY here!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I have a feeling he is going to end up with Sabe when Padme comes to her senses and realizes she loves him and it will be too late. Thats fine.

Maybe Crystal. this is actually the big twist in the story. obi-wan is the interest of both ladies, but who should he end up with?

~aeryn

2. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Hmmmm who should he end up with.

Maybe its a case of He is with Sabe, somehow Padme is killed, but as she is dying in his arms, she tells him that she loves him, he says I Know and he and Sabe go and raise the kids. :) One of those sad but happy ending types. Or it could be one of those Gone with the Wind type of endings where the reader is left to ponder for all time what happens next. This has made Gone with the Wind one of the classics, so it might make your story a classic also. :) Hmmm shall wait to see what the great author comes up with.

3. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    We will see ;)

~aeryn

4. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    I HOPE SOON!
    I CAN'T WAIT!

5. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    Still waiting,Aeryn.

6. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    We gonna see an update soon?

7. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    When can I update? First, I'll have to check if I have a chapter laying around somewhere. I really don't know if I do, though.

~aeryn

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I Know
    Chapter 12
    by obi's girl

"Thank you your highness for inviting me for lunch," Padmé said, setting her tea on the marble table and resting her hand on her growing stomach. For the last couple days, Padmé had been alone, Monica was the only handmaiden that had been attending to her while Sabé was always with Obi-Wan. She missed their company, especially Sabé who always seemed to trail behind Obi-Wan as his second shadow. They hadn't really talked since Padmé told Obi-Wan to start a romance with her, while Padmé still cared for him deeply herself.

"I trust your handmaidens are taking good care of you," Bail said, interrupting her small reverie, "I haven't seen much of Sabé the last couple days since she's been so busy. Has she been doing her job well?"

Padmé nodded absent-mindedly, "Yes, she's doing her job very well but I haven't really seen her much either. Monica's been helping me though,"

Mira, Bail's wife, an older but wise woman, raised her head, studying Padmé. Until that moment, she really hadn't spoken, only observing Padme's her mannerisms and characters, only talking when she felt her advice was needed.

?Padmé, there?s something else we need to talk to you about," Bail started and then sat back as Mira continued for him.

"We were hoping we could adopt your daughter and raise her as our own," Mira finished.

Padmé smiled wryly, ?Adopt Leia? Am I not allowed to keep either of my children? I have to loose them both?"

Mira shrugged, ?Leia would be safe with us, Padmé and protected and privileged. We know it would be hard for you to take care of her by yourself,"

?Who would I be to her?" Padmé interrupted her, ?A handmaiden, caretaker, her friend, her confident or the old woman that always looked at her funny whenever she walked down the halls of the palace? Why can?t I raise her on Tatoonie?"

?Tatoonie is dangerous and not the type of environment a young lady should grow up in," Mira said flatly, ?I?m sorry Padmé but if she were to stay with you, it would be very dangerous. People already know your face and if they saw you with a child, they would become suspicious."

Padmé nodded and waved her hand, smiling wryly, ?I understand, milady. I understand and I know she will be safe here with you and your husband. She?ll be loved, safe and a princess of Alderaan,"

~~

"Where's Padmé?" Ben questioned Sabé as he helped her fold milady's clothes and set them aside on the bed. Sabé knew as her bodyguard, he required to know where she was at all times. She was once a bodyguard too, protecting Padmé as her decoy but this time, she was only a handmaiden.

Sabé shrugged, folding a nightgown, "I think she's at the Palace eating lunch with Bail and his wife. They invited her up there for the afternoon, and I suppose, she'll stay there until late tonight,"

Ben nodded, knowing she would be safe there and continued to fold clothes. "The next couple weeks are going to be hard for her..."

"I know what you mean," she whispered, "I can't wait to help take care of the twins, I always wished for children of my own but a career or a political crisis always got in the way,"

Obi-Wan smiled, raising an eyebrow curiously as he looked at her, "I never knew you wanted to be a mother.."

Sabé dropped the folding and stared at him, smiled and giggled, "Of course, I always wanted to be a mother. You've seen my nieces, they're so wonderful ...I've always wished to have a child of my own one day, if the right man came along,"

"...Actually, I consider myself lucky I never had to worry about a month old Anakin, crying, whining and have to wake up in the middle of the night to calm him down,"

"You're only looking at the bad side," Sabé said.

He shrugged again, "I love children but under the Code, Jedi are prohibited to have emotional attachments. I couldn't bare to leave the woman I love alone to raise a child that would never know me," Ben paused and huffed, "I don't know how Anakin could do that to Padmé,"

"Padmé and Anakin are a different situation. He wanted power,

9. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Yeah, you found one.

Ben looked down sourly, mumbling, "I hope you know Sabé if one day, I was ever forced to choose between what I do and my family, I wouldn't choose to leave my family,"

Sabé smiled, "I know Ben but we must all make sacrifices for the greater good sometimes, even if that means we have to leave the ones we love behind,"

If Sabe could only see the future I wonder if she would still say that. Poor Padme, not only has she lost Obi-wan (at least for now) she now has to lose her daughter. I like the part about Obi helping Sabe folding clothes.

Anyway this is a great post.

10. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    the original part of that post (between obi-wan and sabe) it was meant to be funny, playful interaction but hotmail went weird on me and i lost it. so i had to type of what i had written from memory. but i'm glad you liked it crystal.

~aeryn

11. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Yeah, an update! Another great chapter!!

12. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS, AND SIMPLY GREAT!
    It will be hard for Padme' to give up Leia, but she knows that with Bail and Mira, Leia would be loved.

Superb job with the interaction between Sabe' and Ben!

13. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I LOVE THIS!!! THE WAY OBI IS AROUND SABÉ!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S JUST SO SWEET!!!

14. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks lady and diamond! i don't know if i have another post written up. i think i started to work on a post and then writer's block.

~aeryn

15. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    Oh I know what you mean,My Friend!

16. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    *growls in utter frustration* Stupid ATNs are down, and I miss TWO posts cause of it! *sigh* But I found them. :) Poor Padmè, Sabè and Obi-Wan. I hope things work out for them all.

~~Jilly

17. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
  18. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    WE NEED A VELENTINE"S DAY POST!

19. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I wish I could have stopped by in here during the weekend but I was so busy. I can't post anytning right now, and I'm busy again today so I don't know, maybe on Thursday I can post.

~aeryn

20. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    ******marks on calendar, post coming on Thursday****** 8-}

Take your time, we will be here.

21. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    First Crystal, I will have to check if I have new chapters written up. I think I do. Anyway, try back Thursday or Friday.

~aeryn

22. tvdunlop

tvdunlop Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2003
    great story going here, poor padme and lucky obi wan...lol. Actually that's a nasty position to be in, but he is the ultimate guy to deal with something this difficult. keep going!!!

23. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    HIP HIP HOORAY FOR THURSDAY!

24. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    A/N: I'm sorry this is short but at this point, this is all I have right now. School, writer's block and darth real life, and juggling other fics doesn't help too much.

I Know
    Chapter 13

By obi?s girl

Mira watched Padmé as she walked around the palace garden with her flower basket empty. She had been distracted the whole afternoon and although she hadn?t said anything about what was bothering her, Mira knew it had something to do with Sabé. The Queen cleared her throat and Padmé turned to look at her. ?Your basket is empty, my dear,?

Padmé looked down at her basket and smiled, ?I?m sorry your highness??

?Why don?t you talk to her?? she asked and Padmé frowned, turning away from her. ?I?m sorry Padmé but she is your friend and I know whatever is troubling you, has something to do with Sabé. You should talk to her,?

?It isn?t that easy??

Mira laughed and rolled her eyes, ?She came here and asked my husband to be one of your handmaidens because she cares and worries about you. Sabé served you well when you were Queen of Naboo, I don?t see why there is a rift between you now?? She paused and sighed, ?Unless it?s because of a man,?

?Males always seem to be the problem, don?t they?? Padmé joked, ?But Sabé assured me before anything started that her feelings for him had passed?but somehow I feel I?ve betrayed her,?

?And now Sabé is with this man, the root of the problem??

Padme nodded, "I must confess m'lady, even though I have pushed Obi-Wan to be with her, I still love him. I don't resent Sabé but in a way, I hate him for listening to me,"

Mira stopped walking and turned to her, "I don't understand what you're saying, Padmé...Are you saying you told the man you love to be with another woman but at the same time, hate him for doing it?"

"I don't make much sense, do I, m'lady?"

Mira laughed, "No, my dear. You make a lot of sense. You were confused, and thought the only way to resolve the situation was for you to let go of him. Perhaps in the end, he may realize he still loves you too,"

"Still, it's a very difficult situation, m'lady. Sabé is your best friend, and he is too. Their happiness means everything to you; I'm shocked they don't see how much you've given up for them and thank you for it," she said and then frowned, "Oh, I'm sorry Padmé! I didn't mean..."

"It's all right. I understand, m'lady. But I wish they would see how much I have lost, and that I at least deserve some happiness too,"

Mira nodded and gestured they continue walking, "Love always complicates matters, my dear. That is why it exists,"

25. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    "Love always complicates matters, my dear. That is why it exists,"

Amen.

an excellent post. short is fine,, we take anything you give us. :)

I like this part of having 2 queens (even if one is a former queen) talking together about something other than poltics. Shows a friendship between the 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.