main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I know that Ani & Padme's marriage was a secret but does anyone think....

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by THEFORCEISWITHME33, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEFORCEISWITHME33

THEFORCEISWITHME33 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Forgive me if this has been posted before, but I was wondering if anyone out here thinks that Padme's family was aware that she married? Or was that a secret from them too? I kinda think they were unaware, even if she had a close family. Just wanted some opinions. Thanks.

2. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    How close was she to her family? They're never mentioned in TPM so I somehow assumed she was an orphan. May be totally off base here, so I'm ready to stand corrected.

3. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    You're off base. If you read the AOTC novel and watch the cut scenes from AOTC, Padme has a family (they are seen as part of the funeral procession in ROTS).

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Good question. But perhaps she did not even tell them, in order not to endanger Annie s mission or her own poltical career.

5. Moog

Moog Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    I reckon secret means totally secret. Nobody but the droids and the Naboo holy man would have known.

6. Darth_Juggalo

Darth_Juggalo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    I think that if she would have told them they would have been present when they got married. Those who are there are the only one's who know... officially know that is.

7. Sabertrader

Sabertrader Jedi Master star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    Isn't it funny how two of the most famous people in the GALAXY are married, living together in a plush Coruscant penthouse, and NOBODY knows about it? LOL

(Obi Wan has always thought along those lines and looked the other way, for his friend's sake so the ROTS novel says)

8. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    Their marriage wasn't as secret as they thought. Captain Panaka somehow knew, and reported it to Palpatine. I'm guessing Panaka heard from Typho if he knew. Which I'm sure he did, as he was her head of security and probably worked with her handmaidens. Usually, wherever Padme went, handmaidens and Typho went, so they probably let him in on the gig. Her handmaidens knew as they sometimes served as her double to cover for her. Of course, Obi-Wan eventually recognized it, and I'm willing to believe it was awfully early into it, as the way he spoke to Padme in RotS kind of hinted.

9. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Dude, where on earth does it say Panaka told Palpatine about the marriage?

10. GarthSidious

GarthSidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    padme's family was going to be in aotc but they got cut from the final film

11. GarthSidious

GarthSidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    padme's family was going to be in aotc but they got cut from the final film

12. WedgeFitso

WedgeFitso Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    "Dude, where on earth does it say Panaka told Palpatine about the marriage?"

The Visual Dictionary says that Panaka told Palpatine about it and that's how he knew. As for whoever was talking about Anakin and Padme living together, I got the impression that they didn't live together rather Anakin comes over to her apartment during the night and leaves early in the day (where's the paparazzi?). And I think that Yoda either knew or had very strongly suspected that they were married at the very latest when Anakin came to him about about his dreams but probably well before that.

13. TOASTEROVEN

TOASTEROVEN Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    I always wondered about that "holy man". Nobody ever told him about the "Jedis aren't supposed to get married" thing? Or did they do a mind trick on him? Or did the happy couple tell him that the groom was going to a costume party immediately after the ceremony? Or maybe they told him that Padme was "in trouble" and they had to get married? What's going on? How did that guy ever get his ordination? How holy is he?

14. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Thanks for the clarification, Quixotic_Sith. I haven't read the novel and as the scenes were cut from the movie...

Certainly, no Jedi would officiate at a wedding of another, but this is really a bit odd. Just because it broke Jedi rules to marry doesn't mean they couldn't do so in a non-religious ceremony.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.