main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY I Know This Is Off Topic...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 14, 2013.

1. JediLightside1966

JediLightside1966 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 30, 2015
    off topic : i saw the hardcover of the force awakens by alan dean foster at Target yesterday after church , they have it for 30% off.

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Right now Amazon has it at 40% off. I hear the Barnes and Noble edition has extra pictures in it but I still need to check that out.

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Yes. the BN one does have some extra pics, but nothing that hasn't been released already (so, it isn't like it has a picture of Rey's mom and dad). It is cool for book collectors though.

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  5. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  6. JediLightside1966

JediLightside1966 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 30, 2015
    Is Village 8 really closing? :(

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    IKTIOT but I hit up the Lexington Comic Con this weekend and got Snap Wexley's (Greg Grunberg) autograph. I also got Matt Wood's autograph on an Ello Asty figure which he says is the first one he's done (and he signed it as such). The Star Wars fan groups were there in force and there were some nice props including Roxy the Rancor.
    My con experience was pretty good but the show runners are getting a lot of flack on social media for the long lines. That can be a problem at any con but people that preordered their tix were waiting an hour or more to be processed through while walk ups just came in, paid and walked right in. With preorders you should know the size of the crowd coming and plan accordingly. But in the con's defense they're really limited on space and I can't think of any place in the building they could put more ticket windows.

8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    The OT will see a limited release this August on the big screen. Louisville's Brown will be one of those limited release locations! Tickets go on sale 5/4. Not sure of any other details, I just read this on the TFN main page.

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah the wife and I are planning on doing this if we can get tickets. I'm gonna give it its own thread.

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    [​IMG]

IKTIOT but I have to brag a little. A week ago the wife and I were in SanFrancisco. We took a trip with Adventures by Disney after I saw a commercial on Wheel of Fortune (don’t judge). The commercial mentioned a stop at Lucasfilm so of course we had to do it. We did a lot of SanFrancisco things but the Lucasfilm visit was Saturday. It was disappointing the offices were closed but that’s about the only time they could have a tour group come. We did get to see the campus and the lobby and we went into the screening room and watch some Lucasfilm/ILM sizzle reels. When we went into the screening room I looked for the sweet spot in the theater…center, not too far back, not too close. Turns out that seat is the seat Lucas/JJ/Spielberg use when they’re there. Turns out there’s a small red light in the ceiling above the seat that marks it. I had the best seat in the house. There was more to the trip but the Lucasfilm was one of the highlights.

https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/north-america/san-francisco-tours/

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    JediLightside1966 likes this.
  12. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Stang!
    That's kriffing lubed Boss.

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    IKTIOT but I'm really enjoying the Lego Star Wars Freemaker Adventures. There's "The Wheel" from the old EU and Dengar gets a supporting role.

14. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    It's pretty cool. I saw a commercial for a lego set that had Dengar flying a new bad guy spaceship and was all "oh knows! that's not the Punishing One! non-canon Lego is non-canon!" but then I saw the show, with the Punishing One in CGI brick glory, and all was well. The Wheel and Master Shake the Hutt is cool too.

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    IKTIOT but the wife and I went to "Recbar" in Jtown tonight. I passed by it today and when I got home and looked it up online I saw it was a combo pub/arcade so of course we had to go. Half the place is a bar/restaurant and the food was really good. We had apps and burgers and they have a bunch of craft beers. The menu is simple and they don't try to get too fancy or complicated. The other half of the place is an arcade with pinball machines and old school video games. We liked it enough that we plan on going back real soon. Give it a try.
    http://www.recbarlouisville.com/#.

16. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Ugg.

Why is Star Wars making me care about gymnastics?

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    You're not going to trick me into watching the Olympics Star Wars. I'm just going to sit at my computer and watch it 2 minutes later.

18. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    So. Is Rogue One just a lot of dudes swimming? Is Mike Phelps Jyn Erso's dad? Nice medal ceremony, reminds me of A New Hope.

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    IKTIOT but sorta highlighting another local business. The Tshirts from my annual Superman Celebration pilgrimage have been piling up in the closet so I took them to "Happy Dance Quilting" in the Highlands and had them made into a quilt. I heard about them at some of the runs I've been to since runners accumulate a lot of Tshirts as well. I was really happy with the results and I'm thinking about maybe next year thinning out my enormous pile of Star Wars Tshirts the same way.
    https://happydancequilting.com/

[​IMG]

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    IKTIOT but here's a chance to win a trip to meet George Lucas and Steven Spielberg (through November 20 and you can enter once daily)
    https://usspromos.com/54k

21. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    (Robot Chicken voice ) Thiss is my costume of a Tauntaun, buttt you knew thatt already because you invented Tauntuans!

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    IKTIOT but Kitster!!

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    IKTIOT but here's another contest. You can win a trip to Rancho Obi-Wan/San Francisco through Little Debbie. Pretty sweet! (you see what I did there?) Rancho Obi Wan is on my bucket list to visit, I've heard such amazing things about them and seen some great pictures on-line I really want to see it all in person.
    Looks like you can enter once a day through May 31st.
    http://littledebbie.com/obiwangiveaway/

24. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Well, as i wait to see if work will let me go to OrLANDO, I see that tickets are sold out? Four months early?
    Huh.

25. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Ja, I thought that was really weird, still do. None of the Orlando shows sold out before. Anaheim I could see because that place was so much smaller but Orlando is Huuuge. Maybe some monkeyshines with ticket allotment to get you to buy 4 individual day passes?