main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi I know

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Darth DoJ, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Darth DoJ

Darth DoJ Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 13, 2016
    Hi, SW fans. I have already made a few posts AND been welcomed by a kind member of the community ( BenToRen ) , I've been a fan of te franchise since I was around six years old when I first played the SW SNES game , and later when the SE OT came out, which I never got to see unfortunately, but I collected all of the tazo pogs and managed to get hold [edited] of the original cut of ANH, and absolutely loved it.

I believe I was 9 or 10 years old when I finally got to see all of the movies on the SE VHS box set which I would watch over and over again after school and over the weekends, and save my pocket money to buy the figures, I loved it all.

I remember when TPM came out, a few months before I managed to see a leaked early edit of it on VHS (with numbers moving across the screen and stuff), I must have been 11, and then all the new figures came out, which were priced at double the OT toys, and Maul was so hard to find, that I never managed to get hold of him.

SW became less of a phenomenon in my life as I got older and did other things, but I remember liking AOTC when I saw it on DVD and loving ROTS when it came out in the cinema, finally we saw how the little boy who shouted "yippee" became the monster that crushed a guy's neck while asking a rhetorical question at the start of ANH.

Now that they are producing a new trilogy, the first movie of which has proven divisive but is my favourite so far (this may change once I've had time to scrutinise it when the BluRay arrives), my interest has been piqued and I decided to sign up here - and from what I've read here, you all seem like a nice bunch of chaps (and chapettes) and I look forward to getting to know you all!

So, that's enough of my boring life story, tell me about you all :)

Jason "Darth" Doj

Edit: It's better to keep that tiny bit to yourself. It's not allowed to post it.

BenToRen likes this.
  2. BB-K8

BB-K8 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2016
    I dig your 'boring' life story as it reminds me a lot of my own. I grew up watching the OT and remember my day keeping me home from school to go see the first showing of TPM. The prequels, while hated by many, are something I enjoy on many fronts. I absolutely adore TFA, I have seen it nine times , which sounds crazy when I say it (type it?) I think it will hold up to your scrutiny! Glad to make you're acquaintance!

Darth DoJ likes this.
  3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Darth DoJ! :)

It's always cool to read about ones SW life. All are different but similar at the same time. :)

Please, see my edit above. If you have further question, shoot me a private message.

See you around! :)

Darth DoJ likes this.
  4. Darth DoJ

Mar 13, 2016
    I wonder - are there many fans here who began with the OT rather than the OT?

5. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
  6. Darth DoJ

Mar 13, 2016
    Sorry!

PT rather than the OT (on first viewing of the saga) *

The dark side flows through me, accuracy of typing, not so much!

Skiara likes this.
  7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I don't know, if there are many, but some for sure. Especially the younger ones might have started with PT rather than OT.

8. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I started with the PT...

9. Darth DoJ

Mar 13, 2016
    Hi guys, I didn't really know where to post about this as it's more general chat but also SW related, and kind of get to you stuff rather than anything that might be particularly interesting outside of that... But anyway...

It's my niece's 6th bday party and we've made the whole thing completely SW based - SW cake, plates, napkins, etc, her gifts are the entire DVD sets of the PT, OT and the one she is really desperate to see, TFA, the SW book that is exclusive to Tesco, a SW lunch box, a lightsaber, a Lego Jedi VS Sith book and lots of other SW things, hoping to get to a shop today to get her a Lego SW ship too if I get time. 6 years old and she is the biggest SW geek ever, all the boys in her class at school all think she is cool as hell, and it is great to be able to sit and watch Obi Wan chop Anakin to pieces with her rather than have to watch My Little Pony and all that trap.

Hope you all have a good day, unless you haven't yet turned to the dark side, in which case, watch your back.

Darth DoJ

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Happy Birthday to her! [face_party]

Watch out! One day she'll shock you with pinky, horsy, ballet-y, tutu-y stuff. [face_clown]

11. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    That's awesome! I love that she's already a big fan. :)