main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I laughed at this...did you?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MASTER_JEDI, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerranOvermind

TerranOvermind Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2004
    Vader wasn't an idiot. He was misguided. He felt the course of action he took was the right one. Only after everything he held dear had been taken from him did he realize his error.

Anakin, however, was arrogant, but again, not an idiot. He overestimated his own powers and underestimated Dooku's. He wanted justice and felt he had the ability to exact that justice. Misjudging one's abilities is foolishness perhaps, but not idiocy.

2. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Anakin, however, was arrogant, but again, not an idiot. He overestimated his own powers and underestimated Dooku's

and he was right to underestimate dooku,the old man was no match for ROTS anakin.

unless you refer to AOTC but i still disagree because i think anakin acted out of anger in the hangar scene,not because of arrogance.remember that he was angry at dooku for killing all those jedi.

3. Darth_Apollo

Darth_Apollo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Yes, I got a kick out of hearing Anakin scream in agony of getting hit with teh force lightning.

4. RichieDollaz

RichieDollaz Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2005
    Hahaha now that you mention it, im visualizing that scene in my head and it has become funny.

5. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    In that instance Anakin was out of control. He didn't have control of himself or his emotions and he paid for it. Yes, I did giggle a little every time I see it because of how wild it looks.

6. TerranOvermind

Mar 30, 2004
    Every time he does it, I feel like Obi-Wan is saying "Hmph! *shakes head* There ya go. Are you happy now? Now siddown and let the adults handle it." Always brings a smile to my face.

7. newwillorder

newwillorder Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    They're the SAME PERSON. Darth Vader represents all that is evil within Anakin and the little boy we see in TPM represents all that is good within Anakin. The Anakin we see in AOTC and the beginning of ROTS is in between the two.

To get back on-topic, no I didn't laugh. I think it's a great scene that shows Anakin's anger and impatience and also how powerful Dooku is.

8. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I loved the way he was the one to take out Dooku in the end. [face_mischief] Piyow, baby. All by himself.

9. sithrules70

May 28, 2005

you indeed "like" anakin,dont you ??[face_mischief] [face_blush]

10. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    How can you tell? [face_batting]

But it's true. He "pwned" Dooku. All by his lonesome. And with some skills. Dooku didn't know what hit him.

11. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Seeing as how Dooku sat there on his knees staring at Anakin for several seconds, I'd say he did indeed know exactly what hit him. ;)

12. sithrules70

May 28, 2005

[face_laugh][face_laugh] so true my dear mods,so true...

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah, he looked a little surprised, didn't he?

14. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    yes,when his hands come off i could say he was thinking " are you really the same brat i owned a couple years ago ??" [face_laugh]

15. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Where's Sapient to drop in and post that Dooku obviously was looking for Sidious to lend him a hand?

16. TerranOvermind

Mar 30, 2004
    Dooku: "This is... not how it's supposed to be! Palpy, electrocute him...or..something"

Palpatine: "Owned you have been. Help you, I shall not!" *eyes suddenly bulge out* "OH! WHAT DID I SAY?" [face_laugh]

17. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

18. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Or that Anakin got a head of the game... o_O

19. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    It still doesn't take anything away from the fact Anakin is a punk. He doesn't respect his elders, his peers, or even his spouse. Muul has a point about Vader being an idiot.

20. Darth_Conthhheivable

Darth_Conthhheivable Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2005
    I love pulling myself out of serious(ish) movies and laughing at all the random stuff. (Doing this makes Sling Blade one of the funniest movies ever.) I love some random, out-of-left-field shocking slapstick humor, and if you didn't know Dooku was gonna blitz Anakin with the lightning and toss him about 50 feet, it was friggin' funny. I old-man-wheezed.

21. PrinceHector

PrinceHector Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    Very good. :D

Something else is that Dukoo was not meant to "kill" Anakin in that duel. He was meant to unleash all of Anakin's anger, so that he would turn to the darkside, and join him and Palps as joint masters of the galaxy (yeah, as if that would happen....) In AOTC he was meant to kill the both of them I guess.

But of course, Anakin's powers "had doubled since the last time we met Count" ;)

22. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    sapient is an obi fan ??[face_thinking]

23. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002

Actually, you could say that about quite a few characters in the PT. Including Obi-Wan, Yoda and most assuredly the biggest idiot of all - Mace. It's catching.

24. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    and obi wan handles the situation so well[face_laugh]

25. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    No, I laugh too, it's funny.

"NO I'M TAKING HIM NOW!"
    ZAP!

How is that NOT funny? Anakin sounds like that little boy on Tatooine all over again :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.