main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I like my video games like I like my women.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sithman, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Dmentae

Master_Dmentae Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2006
    This needs some Mouth to Mouth...

Again to difficulties, i think some games need a realistic setting. Like on Battlefront, the only reason i kept dieing was because the enemies took too many hits, even on easy, so i ran out of ammo, or there were too many and they ripped through me...or a Droideka but im going off subject, i think more games needs a realistic setting. Like Oblivion, Easy is the most realistec - i say that from damage, not area - as you can hit someone in the hand and they will fly about a meter then die. And im looking on their body like "What a waste...i cant get my arrow back" i mean, if its in their head and i cant get it out, thats ok, because every time i walk past it, i get a giggle. So just do more area damage on games. Like Battlefront, chest = kill/major wound, head = kill, leg = temporary walk speed with maybe a limp until healed, Arm = have to use pistol unless primary weapon is one handed anyway. You see? it would make sniping a whole lot easier too. And again, Call of Duty 4. You get shot in the foot and you die????? WHAT! i mean whats the point in cover if people can shoot you're hands and feet and kill you?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    GT's Top 10 Most Difficult Games

Hard to argue with most of that list, though I think there's at least a few other games out there more difficult than Contra (which, granted, is very, very hard if you don't use the Konami Code), like, for example, Super C.

3. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    One that they missed in that video:

Fester's Quest. **** that game.

I've never felt so completely inadequate as when I played Battletoads, and that was when I had the lightning reflexes of a 15-year-old. That game was like some brilliant April Fool's joke.

I used to fly into a rage at the game Rush 'N Attack, for the NES. For some reason, when I was eleven, that was the hardest game ever ****ing made. I don't know how many times I got "grounded" from my Nintendo for flinging the controller or cussing up a storm. I remember even being pissed because it was a Konami game, and the "up-up-down-down" thing didn't work on it. Never beat it.

A few years ago, I downloaded it and had no trouble at all. Whatsoever.

I agree with that video about Ninja Gaiden, and the frustrating-as-hell jumping you had to do where you had to cling to a wall, dodging the ravens, and jump some more. Same **** used to frustrate me with the Sunsoft Batman game.

I will actually say that the Ghouls 'N Ghosts franchise is like the Bataan death-march for your soul. There's no way you're getting out of it alive.

4. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I prefer some puzzles.
    Never got into the button-mashing. In fact, it was button-mashing games that turned me off video games for 10 years. I blame the nintendo for ruining videogames.

Now, I finally did start again a few years ago (much longer story that needs be posted here).
    The Lego StarWars games are just about perfect for my speed (except for a couple of the puzzels).
    I don't like the idea of having to look up online to find out how to solve a puzzle or locate a path. I refuse to even waste time with games where you have to have cheat codes just to complete the first level (one of the other star wars games had that--Dark Force 2?)

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's impressive that Battletoads, despite being almost universally loathed for it's extreme difficulty, is still thought of so fondly and remembered not just because of it's difficulty, but because it was a great game too. It also had a reverse Devil May Cry 3 scenario- the european and japanese releases of Btatletoads had their difficulty toned down from the american release.

I agree with you about Fester's Quest- that was a game everyone played and no one liked..and yet it was so deceptively simple on the surface that it kept luring you back in to play it, time and time again. I don't think people have ever played a game they hated as often as Fester's Quest.

6. Si_Titran

Si_Titran Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2007
    Its about finding the right balance in a game. To have it be completely mindless would be no fun to me, but to have extremely difficult isn't much fun either. And what is easy for some is hard for another. And some days what normally is easy is hard and vice versa.

I prefer games that are just enough challenging to be fun. Super complex puzzles are annoying and avoided or If i can't (Like in KotOR) I'll use a guide for the answer. No difinitive answer to the puzzle? Make my sister solve it for me as she's really good at puzzles. When I game starts to frustrate me I walk away, so I guess I'm an easy gamer chick too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.