main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx I lost my job, need a new one ASAP...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mobius, May 6, 2009.

1. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I lost my job today. As most of you know, I was recently doing phone based tech support. Well, I was unable to get my average call time down to where they wanted it, and they didn't see substantial enough improvement to warrant wasting any more money on me. I can't blame them too much, I suppose. I've been there 5 months, and have received alot of extra help and coaching, to no avail. Sigh.

If anyone knows of any work, let me know. I'll do just about anything, but my specialties are, of course, computers and autobody.

Qualifications/experience:

-associates' degree in computer networking
    -1.5 yrs combined call center experience

-7 yrs autobody experience
    -ICAR and ASE certified body man
    -have my own autobody tools

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Wow, sorry to hear that, Moe. :( I checked USA jobs, but didn't see anything that would work for you.

Back when I was really desparate for work, I signed up with a half dozed temp agencies. Plus some contract temp-to-hire places. All types of entry level clerical, filing, generic office stuff. It kept food on the table, and actually gave me some skills that I used later on, and still use in my current gov't job.

Plus, I did some man-yoo-well labor stuff, too, just because it beat sitting waiting for phone calls that came too rarely. It wasn't fun, but it beat the alternative.

Good luck.